Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I assume in Poll's column he said that under the stress of a big match, officials sometimes say or do things they might think later was inappropriate. The paper is suggesting Poll implies this was one of them.

Guest firetotheworks

Why do we do it man? Why do we believe in this game? What we seldom get from it is never what it's trying to give us. I don't want what it's trying to become, I want what it is at it's core. An extension of me and the city I have grown up in and love and a brilliant game. I want what happens on the pitch to remain away from the horrorshow that is off it. I don't want the marketing man's version of 'passion' to be sold to me, whilst everything in the game is morally corrupt on every single level. I don't want this, I really don't. Football is  dead.

Why do we do it man? Why do we believe in this game? What we seldom get from it is never what it's trying to give us. I don't want what it's trying to become, I want what it is at it's core. An extension of me and the city I have grown up in and love and a brilliant game. I want what happens on the pitch to remain away from the horrorshow that is off it. I don't want the marketing man's version of 'passion' to be sold to me, whilst everything in the game is morally corrupt on every single level. I don't want this, I really don't. Football is  dead.

It kicks you down but every so often it gives you hope, it gives you pride, it makes your day or your week. Last year we had that after a few bad seasons, and the pain of relegation, this season we have been kicked all over but Remy was bringing that smile back on my face, it made my day, I thought we have that hope, that little spark now, and then this.

No doubt we will rise again and have those good days, those good weeks, the good season but at the moment I can't see that little spark anywhere.

What exactly is he being punished for here?

I thought it was a pointless comment to make and he came across as a bit of a prat but surely he hasn't actually broken any rules?

for daring to question the glorious Premier League in any way at all by pointing out the ridiculous ticket prices

Guest firetotheworks

I think you're overreacting a bit just because an assistant ref has been dropped :lol:

Much more things wronger in football than that. In general refereeing bodies don't like refs making the headlines.

Howard Webb.

Tbf (and this is generally a stock comeback on you) you support Barcelona. You get to see what it's all about.

Ah, I just couldn't imagine it not being there.

Yes, the circus of money, agents, corruption, agents, FIFA and the FA is beyond tiring...

But as you say, its more than just a great game; It's an extension of the city, an outward expression of us as a region and there's still plenty to be proud of and show pride in through our support.

I think you're overreacting a bit just because an assistant ref has been dropped :lol:

Much more things wronger in football than that. In general refereeing bodies don't like refs making the headlines.

It is a neat illustration of all the things that are wronger, though. I wish I could walk away too, and my team is doing pretty well. I love playing the game, and I love watching the game, and if that was all I had to worry about then it would be ace. I'm with KI, and brummie has said similar things before too.

I wish I could switch off to the sport more, particularly at times like this. Find it very hard to.

Yeah as much as I love football and know I couldn't walk away, I wish I had another hobby or something useful to do on weekends. In too deep now, though :(

Guest firetotheworks

I hate how much I let it affect me like. It's pathetic that something completely out of my control can affect my mood. Do you think there's a football version of Alcoholics Anonymous?

'Hi, my name is Michael and I support Newcastle United'

'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, that's gotta sting!....Hi, Michael.'

I hate how much I let it affect me like. It's pathetic that something completely out of my control can affect my mood. Do you think there's a football version of Alcoholics Anonymous?

'Hi, my name is Michael and I support Newcastle United'

'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, that's gotta sting!....Hi, Michael.'

My whole January is pretty much dedicated to reading about transfers. It's pretty sad.

Ditto. Does my frigging head in that I'm so obsessed with NUFC. The sport itself I can take or leave. :lol: Haven't seen any other football for months other than odd bits. Too depressing.

Nah I still watch loads of football, just concentrate far more towards foreign leagues and switch off to the Prem. Can't bare to look at league tables, MOTD highlights or even check scores when we're doing so shite. Did the same for most of the Championship season. Obviously those with little interest in other leagues won't do that though.

As much as I complain about the competition as an entity I'm looking forward to the latter stages of the Champions League this year. I also normally enjoy the latter stgaes of the Europa league, but the inevitable exit will leave me disgusted every time I see a match in the later rounds.