Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I've got there like. Helps not being in Newcastle mind. I just don't pay the slightest bit of attention to transfer rumours.

It's certainly a lot harder to do after another depressing performance like.

It definitely helps being in the US. It's always there in the background though.

I hardly watch PL outside of NUFC games nowadays tbh everything about the league disgusts me i enjoy the other major leagues..... Probably because i have no emotional attachment towards them but also because they are nowhere near as money driven by comparison.

I hardly watch PL outside of NUFC games nowadays tbh everything about the league disgusts me i enjoy the other major leagues..... Probably because i have no emotional attachment towards them but also because they are nowhere near as money driven by comparison.

La Liga? Serie A?

:lol:

La Liga? Serie A?

You can't be money driven when you have no money!

But yeah, La Liga pisses on fans more than the PL, imho.

Already been posted mate, at least have a look.

Sorry! (still couldn't find it, but "spam" removed  :blush:  )

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/official-who-urged-lescott-to-applaud-62-city-fans-axed-from-fa-cup-duty-8451583.html

Official who urged Lescott to applaud '£62' City fans axed from FA Cup duty

Dim view taken of Brooks telling defender to go and see away support at Emirates

Sam Wallace

Monday 14 January 2013

The assistant referee who told Joleon Lescott to thank the Manchester City fans at the Emirates on Sunday has been removed from duty for Tuesday's FA Cup third-round replay between West Bromwich Albion and Queen's Park Rangers as punishment by referees' officials.

John Brooks captured the imagination of fans when he was caught on camera telling Lescott that the City fans deserved to be thanked because of the high ticket prices they had paid to watch the Premier League game at the Emirates. During the post-match handshakes, the Sky Sports microphones broadcast Brooks saying to Lescott: "They've paid 62 quid over there, go and see them".

The Independent understands that the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the body that assigns referees and assistants to games, took a dim view of Brooks' actions and today stood him down for the game at the Hawthorns tonight. His place will be taken by Dave Bryan, an experienced assistant but not a Fifa-level official.

The officials for Tuesday's replays were announced on the Football Association website, which as of last night still listed Brooks as one of two assistants for the game, along with Darren Cann, referee Martin Atkinson and fourth official Neil Swarbrick. PGMOL retains the right to change its officials at short notice if it sees fit.

Brooks, from Leicester, is in his first season as a Premier League assistant. For the majority of his matches he has worked alongside Mike Dean, the referee at the Emirates on Sunday, and has been given a number of high-profile fixtures, including games at all the top Premier League sides. He was assistant to Dean at St Mary's for Chelsea's 5-1 win over Southampton in the third round 10 days ago.

The game at the Emirates was notable by a boycott by City fans who refused to pay the £62 "category A" prices that the fixture was priced at by Arsenal. Having been told by Brooks that he should acknowledge the travelling support, Lescott did indeed go over to the away end. The moment became a hit on social media with Brooks attracting praise from supporters.

It is not clear exactly why PGMOL managing director Mike Riley has taken such issue with Brooks' comments to Lescott after the game. Certainly the pricing of Premier League tickets has become a major issue over the last few days and it is possible that the League regarded Brooks' comments as reflecting badly on them.

Former World Cup referee Graham Poll hinted that Brooks' comment to Lescott may be construed as inappropriate in his newspaper website column. Poll said: "The tension can cause abnormal behaviour: a dopey smile, an inappropriate comment. You're so focused on your job, you're not thinking straight about other things."

Football. :anguish:

It's hard to see FA's motivation for doing this. Absolutely pointless.

Massive waste of a footballer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/15/michael-johnson-released-manchester-city

Michael Johnson, once tipped as an England international and one of the best young players to emerge through Manchester City's academy in the past decade, has been paid off from his contract after the club finally ran out of patience with him.

Johnson, convicted of two drink-driving offences last September, was offered a severance package from his £40,000-a-week contract just before Christmas, after several years of decline. The club decided not to announced it publicly but it has come to light now after a photograph of the 24-year-old appeared on the internet looking bloated and unfit.

Once the subject of a £10m bid from Liverpool, the former England youth international has suffered a series of injury problems but he also caused considerable disquiet behind the scenes because of his attitude towards being a professional footballer and, specifically, his fondness for a night out.

His last appearance for the club was as a second-half substitute in a Carling Cup tie against Scunthorpe in October 2009. Sven-Goran Eriksson once said he would not swap Johnson even for Steven Gerrard but the days when he was described as "the new Colin Bell", breaking into City's first team at the age of 18, were short-lived.

Roberto Mancini and his predecessor, Mark Hughes, both concluded that Johnson did not have the personality to play football at the highest level. At one point City were so embarrassed by his unkempt state in his pen-pic club sources say the photographer was asked to come back to take it again.

Johnson was moved to Leicester City two years ago, on a season-long loan that cost the Championship club £1m, but was signed off, then sent back, at the midway point.

After that, almost nothing had been heard of him until he crashed his car, over the drink-drive limit, in Manchester last May. It was one of two occasions when he has been arrested for drink-driving in the space of three months, leading to a £5,500 fine and three-year driving ban.

Hard to feel sorry for anyone who has been convicted of drink driving TWICE

The lad had all the talent in the world and looks like he pissed it up the wall.

Compare this to another former City player Paul Lake who had to retire through injury through no fault of his own fairly clear cut which one is deserving of sympathy imo.

Still I hope now the lad can sort his head out and get on with his life.

La Liga? Serie A?

You can't be money driven when you have no money!

But yeah, La Liga pisses on fans more than the PL, imho.

Tbf at least in La Liga the clubs that have money have earnt it over many years of success and the ones that mis-manage it don't..... unlike over here when you have clubs who were no ones a few years ago but suddenly can get top talent due to rich business men treating the club like play things....

As for Serie A, since the Calciopoli farce a lot of them have struggled financially it has made for an interesting league over past 2-3 years IMO. It may not have the quality of some other leagues but its competitive and interesting at least to me anyway.

None of them are perfect but i honestly prefer it nowadays.

Bolton's Stu Holden is included in the roster for FA Cup match tomorrow against Sunderland. Hasn't played a competitive match since September 2011.

Roster ffs. Get the fuck outta here!

You're fortunate I used "match" instead of "game."

Bolton's Stu Holden is included in the roster for FA Cup match tomorrow against Sunderland. Hasn't played a competitive match since September 2011.

Roster ffs. Get the fuck outta here!

You're fortunate I used "match" instead of "game."

We use both  :razz: