Keegan or Shearer?

Guest dover
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

None. It's time this shortsighted attitude was removed.

This.

However many posts from HTT etc keep the romantic toss rolling, it remains just that. Sentimental bollocks.

Saying its 'just sentimental bollocks' is narrow-minded and bollocks itself.

This.

However many posts from HTT etc keep the romantic toss rolling, it remains just that. Sentimental bollocks.

Saying its 'just sentimental bollocks' is narrow-minded and bollocks itself.

It's aaaaaal just bollocks.

Putting Keegan and Shearer as the only options is ridiculous. Ok, I'll pick Shearer, for no other reason than I could not understand nor stomach keegan returning.

As it is, while few seem to accept it,  Hughton and his team is talking sense and picking/subbing for the most part the right players. How bloody disrespectfull is it to even discuss Keegan, Shearer, or any manager, when we should be supporting the guys who are doing what they can to get respect from the players, and the supporters, and get us winning games right now.

agreed. But if it was a straight choice, keegan. not out of hero worship, but because he is a good, proven manager, and shearer is not.

:sadnod:

Heart says keegan... heed... and every other part of my body says neither. We'd have a cracking few days/weeks/months under Keegan as he is undoubtedly a great motivator and has shown an infectious enthusiasm for the game.... I still go moist eyed watching clips of  Beardsley, Sir Les, Tino, Ginola, Shearer etc. Top of the Championship we may be, but we're crap with a bunch of donkeys/turkeys on board and little prospect of attracting any talent with no backer with lots of wedge and Hughton at the helm. Shearer's unproven and given what I understand of his character I can't see him making a success of it on his first appointment... can't think of  a good pro who has done so recently. If the good managers fu**up sometimes, why should a novice make less mistakes ? I'm not sure I'd even want MON in charge.... the cnut bought Milner for £12million and his team of so called stars aren't exactly shooting up the premiership.

So , I'll give me heart a go for a brief but exhilarating ride... Bring on the Messiah... watching the current lot is only marginally better than watching us under Allar... sorry I can't bring myself to write his name.BTW... great result Arsenal

Keegan. He's the only top manager who will come now. He may not be a Wenger or Fergie but seriously, even when we were doing well, we could not attract managers of their stature, what more now.

Keegan has proven already that he can do the job. Twice.

That's a bit like saying Elizabeth Taylor has been happily married 8 times.

That's funny...but can you actually make a case that he hasn't done a good job twice without the humour?

That's funny...but can you actually make a case that he hasn't done a good job twice without the humour?

The second time, he amassed about 3 points in the first eight matches, before the good players returned from injury and we went on a good little 4 or 5 match run through the Sunderland match...at which point the season fizzled out. Then, we had an average start to the next season...before he quit...four matches in. He was an improvement on Fat Sam, but it wasn't great times or anything.

The second time, he amassed about 3 points in the first eight matches, before the good players returned from injury and we went on a good little 4 or 5 match run through the Sunderland match...at which point the season fizzled out. Then, we had an average start to the next season...before he quit...four matches in. He was an improvement on Fat Sam, but it wasn't great times or anything.

Since then the limitations of the creaking, ageing squad we had has become pretty apparent. I think Keegan got more out of those players than anyone else managed be it Allardyce, Kinnear, Hughton or Shearer. Before Keegan left I think people were reasonably optimistic about the coming season. I know after two games I was really happy with the fluid passing game we were starting to develop. The cup game against Coventry was the best football I'd seen for a long time from us, I doubt we'll outplay them so comprehensively this season.

God, I've been getting into a lot of fights recently, but a polite question deserves a polite reply.

It never quite seems to work out for KK, throughout his management career, does it? He's walked out from us twice, and the England job once. At Man City he seemed to run out of steam and the players were reported to be unhappy with him. He then left football for three years, saying he was disillusioned with the game. The only time it seems to have ended on a good note and he moved positively forward was Fulham to England, and we know how long that lasted.

We can get into a debate about precisely why he left in each individual circumstance, but there comes a time when you have to say that perhaps there's a problem with Kevin, rather than the job or the employer.

To return to my earlier analogy, it'd be like Liz Taylor saying how rubbish all her husbands were, rather than that she wasn't really suited to marriage.

just focusing on how something ends is quite reductive. It ended badly for Robson, he was sacked. was he not a success then? It is more important to look at the overall reign rather than the very end, as, in most cases, it won't look very good. Hell, even Mourinho fell out with his employer, was he shit too? I mean, it probably will 'end in tears' if we appoint him again, but it is what happens in the space between appointment and departure that counts, and i'd back him to do a good job. again.

'before the good players returned'...nowt to do with Keegan's tactics?  Better tell Man U to get rid of Ferguson, it was Ronaldo that won them 3 titles!  Why couldn't Allardyce get Owen, Martins and Viduka playing well?  Under Keegan was those three players best ever spells for the club. 

The reason Keegan started off slowly is because he inherited Allardyce's team which was low confidence and playing shit football.  Once Keegan implemented his own tactics we were flying.

As for an average start to the next season?  :facepalm: Four point from Man U, Bolton and Arsenal plus through to the second round of the cup...that's average?  Bloody hell.