Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

And these people seriously think they can take over and run a major football club.

I'm not sure whether we should be laughing or crying.

"Just seen this on another forum. Posted by a bloke"

Either way though, no, they aren't claiming they have the first idea how to run the club.  That's why they plan to employ someone who does....unlike Mike Ashley, who despite admitting he doesn't have a fucking clue, insists on winging it with his wideboy mate.

NUST are in a very similar situation to the Tories.

It should be the easiest job in the world for Cameron to get people to vote for him rather than Brown, similarly the NUSt should find it piss easy to put together a credible alternative to Ashley.

Neither seem to be doing a good job at it, so its a case of whoever wins, we all lose

NUST are in a very similar situation to the Tories.

It should be the easiest job in the world for Cameron to get people to vote for him rather than Brown, similarly the NUSt should find it piss easy to put together a credible alternative to Ashley.

Neither seem to be doing a good job at it, so its a case of whoever wins, we all lose

The only difference is that Cameron is going to be Prime Minister, whereas there's no realistic chance of the NUST ever owning the club.

I don't know where this latest story has come from, but it is the third explanation we've had for this '£7 million' figure, and each explanation has been completely different. I'd say there are short odds on us getting a fourth pretty soon.

In any event, transferring an asset from one of your companies to another does not mean you've made money. A child could understand that.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't know where this latest story has come from, but it is the third explanation we've had for this '£7 million' figure, and each explanation has been completely different. I'd say there are short odds on us getting a fourth pretty soon.

In any event, transferring an asset from one of your companies to another does not mean you've made money. A child could understand that.

Its from a man called Bob(well his username) on nufc-forum who is their version of peasepud spreading the good word.

I suppose he could, for example, sell the training ground to another company under his control which then pockets the rent. Something similar has happened before under the previous regime.

The bit about the transfers of the players is bewildering. In effect it is saying that the players are now on the books of some company Ashley has set up and when they are sold this company takes the profit. But surely player contracts are with the club so they remain on the club's books?

This whole NUST saga is truly bizarre stuff even by Toon standards. Anyway whatever Ashley has done (if anything) will have to be fully disclosed in the club's accounts.

PR and strategy wise, seems stupid that anyone from NUST should be spending time attacking Ashley or trying to claim he's 'asset stripping' or making money from the club.

It's clear that the value of his asset (NUFC) has reduced significantly and he's spent much more money on it than he thought he would need to.

Everyone hates Ashley anyway, the effort could be better spent on their own campaign.

PR and strategy wise, seems stupid that anyone from NUST should be spending time attacking Ashley or trying to claim he's 'asset stripping' or making money from the club.

It's clear that the value of his asset (NUFC) has reduced significantly and he's spent much more money on it than he thought he would need to.

Everyone hates Ashley anyway, the effort could be better spent on their own campaign.

The asset of NUFC could have dropped due to the assets within the asset being moved to another company, allowing Ashley to prof

Which is exactly what any serious predator would be doing.

They somehow manage to perpetuate the opinion that they are a single agenda protest group while all the time trying to deny it.  :idiot2:

According to Look North the NUST has £50million

Pretty sure with that much they could secure enough funding to buy the club right now. Is this the dawn of a bright new day?

Probably not.

When he was handling our sale, Harris came out in favour of some kind of 'local involvement' as he put it, and he seems to be adopting the same policy here. I think he's acting a bit beyond his brief, which is purely that of financial adviser / broker.

There is a danger to this kind of alliance between a fans' protest group and a buyer. You can get an opportunist trying to make a fast buck by using the fans' antagonism to force the owner out at a cheap price. The Man U group need to be careful here.

When he was handling our sale, Harris came out in favour of some kind of 'local involvement' as he put it, and he seems to be adopting the same policy here. I think he's acting a bit beyond his brief, which is purely that of financial adviser / broker.

There is a danger to this kind of alliance between a fans' protest group and a buyer. You can get an opportunist trying to make a fast buck by using the fans' antagonism to force the owner out at a cheap price. The Man U group need to be careful here.

Harris is also a Man U supporter, according to the link.