Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

121 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

13 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I tried to sign up but on first page where I say I'm in the US it says "Sorry, it seems there are no available payment methods which support subscriptions. Please contact us if you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangement"

Need to get that sorted sharpish given the internaitonal focus of it, and that launch buzz will be important

Yep. Working on it - for some reason some non UK bank accounts don't seem to work with the GoCardless platform but we're fixing it. 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

How does it factor into people going to games?

He twists everything to be about the sheep giving Ashley money. It's his "thing".

If I was NUST I’d give free membership to anyone pledging, it could go a long way to put any doubters at ease and help fast track take up of both membership and pledges jointly of course! Win win?

Edited by HTT II

10 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Is that right, any fans can pledge money but unless you're a signed up member of the NUST you then get no say on what happens with it? 

Well if you're gonna pledge then you might as well go the extra pence and become a member. :lol:

I can understand the pessimism (I share it, tbh, which is no fault of the Trust) but what I can't understand is some of the cynicism, like. There's no risk here. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Well if you're gonna pledge then you might as well go the extra pence and become a member. :lol:

I can understand the pessimism (I share it, tbh, which is no fault of the Trust) but what I can't understand is some of the cynicism, like. There's no risk here. 

I don't want to be a member of the Trust, simple as that. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

You could've just said ' I don't want to be a member for the Trust.'

The 'simple as that' part is a little catty. 

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

I see pledging and becoming a member the same thing (admittedly before this I was already a member), I just think the two go hand in hand and my reasoning is investing what 2 quid in NUST is the equivalent to investing in the pledge too.  It’s such a small price to pay to be a member of such an important organisation and potentially part of a very prominent part of all of our futures as fans, as a club. I’ve been very critical of NUST in the past and still have issues and concerns, but the only way to have a positive influence oneself is to join up and speak up and help out etc. Membership costs compared to say Sky subscription, a programme... it’s a no brainier IMO!

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Well I was referring to those people you described, i.e. someone who may feel aggrieved at pledging but wouldn't have a say. The obvious remedy to that being to just join the Trust. You're obviously neither pledging nor joining the Trust, which is fair enough and you've nowt to worry about. 

Just now, HTT II said:

I see pledging and becoming a member the same thing (admittedly before this I was already a member), I just think the two go hand in hand and my reasoning is investing what 2 quid in NUST is the equivalent to investing in the pledge too.  It’s such a small price to pay to be a member of such an important organisation and potentially part of a very prominent part of all of our futures as fans, as a club. I’ve been very critical of NUST in the past and still have issues and concerns, but the only way to have a positive influence oneself is to join up and speak up and help out etc. Membership costs compared to say Sky subscription, a programme... it’s a no brainier IMO!

Its not about the cost at all, i don't think they represent either the fanbase in general (not that they claim to) or even their membership's own views. I've said all of this before though and don't intend to go over it again. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Well I was referring to those people you described, i.e. someone who may feel aggrieved at pledging but wouldn't have a say. The obvious remedy to that being to just join the Trust. You're obviously neither pledging nor joining the Trust, which is fair enough and you've nowt to worry about. 

That totally misrepresents the situation - I've no intention of pledging if i then have to be a Trust member to have a say about my pledge. 

8 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Its not about the cost at all, i don't think they represent either the fanbase in general (not that they claim to) or even their membership's own views. I've said all of this before though and don't intend to go over it again. 

I know, but IMO they do represent the fans and certainly better than anyone else. If fans want a protest group or an Ashley out group, fine, but we’ve had that and it didn’t work, this is a legitimate, professional, all inclusive foot in the door way into our club for all, no matter how small or large. I’m 200% convinced Ashley wants out for good now and that he wants it to be the Saudis and that will happen. I’m also convinced they will want NUST in on things regardless of how much or not they offer and that can only be a good thing, for a few quid, it’s something I personally feel is worth the risk, given the risk is so small. It’s the price of a can of coke and a bag of crisps, come on, this is our club, surely even if we factor any differences, concerns, criticism or other stuff, it’s worth it? I think so anyway, but understand if those among us who don’t, but not based on crap like oh what will the Mackems think. Fuck that! 

Edited by HTT II

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Why do you keep popping up with more of the same then?

Because someone went off on a tangent when i asked a simple question rather than just confirm the answer to it........ 

Edited by Joey Linton

10 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

That totally misrepresents the situation - I've no intention of pledging if i then have to be a Trust member to have a say about my pledge. 

Sounds like you're just looking for something to complain about here, like. The Trust has been totally transparent regarding its intentions; it's not an issue where they're canvassing the membership for opinions, they're encouraging people to donate to achieving a specified goal. So what exactly do you want to say about your pledge? 

And your 'simple question' was quite obviously loaded. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Sounds like you're just finding something to complain about here, like. The Trust has been totally transparent regarding its intentions; it's not an issue where they're canvass the membership for opinions, they're encouraging people to donate to achieving a specified goal. So what exactly do you want to say and your pledge? 

I only asked a question ffs, which was is my understanding of the situation right, then I can make my own decision, as can everyone else.

I didn't say they weren't being transparent, did I? Show me where I did if so.

You were the one who turned it into what we're discussing now. 

Sounds like you're just defending them against stuff that no one has actually said here, like......