Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Still involvement and I did say not directly at board level, seems your being pedantic for well... 

Yes but its not real involvement or " truly involved " is it ? What you are describing is the use of fans as a stage army when needed for pr purposes . The first time NUSTs fantasy of fan involvement ever goes up against the needs of the actual owners then people would see the real nature of ownership and where power lies ...

If people don’t like it then just don’t sign up to it.

If you have questions about it then ask the questions to the group, also read the information, plenty of questions rattling around online are already answered on their page.

We might not own the club or a significant amount, but we are taking steps towards that. Say we get to buy 1%, who is to say that we couldn’t have another round of pledges to increase that? We have to start from somewhere.

4 hours ago, Wandy said:

One of the most embarrasing things I've ever seen associated with NUFC. Cathedral on the hill? Greggs sausage rolls???? [emoji38]

There must be a Mackem working undercover at the NUST. That is an absolute goldmine of ammunition for the mongoloids on RTG. They will be pissing themselves with laughter this morning.

Consider my membership cancelled. I guess they don't think the Saudi takeover will be happening either then.

This has to be the worst reply of the lot. Sunderland are a 3rd division football club. They are a complete and utter irrelevance these days. They are in no position to laugh at anyone. Any Newcastle fan worrying about what a group of football fans who follow a 3rd Division football club think of them has something wrong with them, in my opinion of course.

For what it's worth l, whilst I admire the sentiment and what the Trust are trying to achieve, trying to rally a totally apathetic fanbase to donate enough to make this work is going to be an extremely tall order.

im not the richest in the world but will donate a few quid to charity as that’s where the money will eventually go100%  or stolen.

Totally underwhelmed. Again. Good luck to all involved though .

As others have said, they should be putting all their efforts into getting rid of Ashley, they would certainly gain more support than they are currently (looking at the poll).

This just feels like a waste of time.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

15 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

This has to be the worst reply of the lot. Sunderland are a 3rd division football club. They are a complete and utter irrelevance these days. They are in no position to laugh at anyone. Any Newcastle fan worrying about what a group of football fans who follow a 3rd Division football club think of them has something wrong with them, in my opinion of course.

For what it's worth l, whilst I admire the sentiment and what the Trust are trying to achieve, trying to rally a totally apathetic fanbase to donate enough to make this work is going to be an extremely tall order.

Aye, who the fuck gives a fuck what Sunderland fans think? This is the set of fans who claimed to be massive fans but stopped going when the free tickets stopped being dished out, save for one off games when they were going for the record attendance in the lower leagues. This is the set of fans who said if they won £100m on the Euro’s they wouldn’t spend £40m saving their club. This is the set of fans who have done fuck all to save or stop their club from sliding down the leagues and out of control, and laughed at every attempt our fans and fans of other clubs have done to save theirs. This is the set of fans from a city who pretty much voted to get rid of their biggest employer and goodbye to a significant percentage of funding their own city and region gets by voting for Brexit and has became a modern day symbol of Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Edited by Stifler

Guest reefatoon

For me, I just can’t see it ever happening under the current owner. He wants fuck all to do with fans and would never entertain it. So it all just feels a little bit of a pointless exercise until Ashley is gone. New owners could be more open to this though. Just feel all the effort should be towards putting pressure on Ashley to go. 

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye, who the fuck gives a fuck what Sunderland fans think? This is the set of fans who claimed to be massive fans but stopped going when the free tickets stopped being dished out, save for one of games when they were going for the record attendance in the lower leagues. This is the set of fans who said if they won £100m on the Euro’s they wouldn’t spend £40m saving their club. This is the set of fans who have done fuck to save or stop their club from sliding down the leagues and out of control, and laughed at every attempt our fans and fans of other clubs have done to save theirs. This is the set of fans from a city who pretty much voted to get rid of their biggest employer and goodbye to a significant position of funding their own city and region gets by voting for Brexit and has became a modern day symbol of Turkeys voting for Christmas.

I agree, I’m not even bothered to look at what they think , it won’t be pleasant as I would expect, vice versa , fuk each and every one of them . 

Edited by GWN
Spelling

This could be a good idea eventually in 5/10 years when it has had enough time but for the near future it means nothing. In fact I see it as a bad thing short term as people will think this is achieving something and allow them to go to games hence keep Ashley here another decade 

3 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

This could be a good idea eventually in 5/10 years when it has had enough time but for the near future it means nothing. In fact I see it as a bad thing short term as people will think this is achieving something and allow them to go to games hence keep Ashley here another decade 

How does it factor into people going to games?

5 minutes ago, GWN said:

I agree, I’m not even bothered to look at what they think , it won’t be pleasant as I would expect, vice versa , fuk each and every one of them . 

I’d have a lot more respect if they tried this. Last year they were kicking off and I’ll be honest, I think back then they could have either managed it or came close to managing to buy their club.

I was speaking to a uni mate of mine who is a season ticket holder for them, and there was no fucking desire to even think about doing something like this. It was all too easy for them to say ‘Woe me’ and not even try.

I'm in support of this. As a student I can't exactly afford to donate but I hope to in future. The negativity is staggering, this fan base for ages has always been 'embarrassing, won't do or achieve anything so I'll not bother' and heckle those that do and its part of the reason why we're so fucked.

That's people at both sides of the boycott spectrum btw, constantly shout down those that suggest something that may or may not have some effect either now or in future. Don't get the constant screams for a boycott at this current moment in time like, nee fucker has been in the ground for a over a year and the place won't be full for another while yet. 

I don't have faith that this pledge will do much but good luck to those who get and are currently involved and I hope it does. Germany's 50+1 system should be implemented in this country but that's a different topic altogether.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, CalmintheChaos said:

It'll only be a good idea in 5/10 years time if it starts now. If the ownership changes tomorrow we'd have nothing to try and claim a stake with. If the ownership changes in five years, we could be nearly there. Hearts fans brought together £12million in eight years from 8000 unique donors (is that the right word in this context? :lol:) Replicating something here should be considered possible given the extent of our fanbase. 

Good luck @Greg and everyone!

Every club should have fans representative!

It seems obvious to me that the consortium are behind it too - Caulkin having a prominent role as well as a few other things!

Takeover to go through and the fans to be on board would be magnificent!

All the best!

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm in support of this. As a student I can't exactly afford to donate but I hope to in future. The negativity is staggering, this fan base for ages has always been 'embarrassing, won't do or achieve anything so I'll not bother, heckle those that do' and its part of the reason why we're so fucked.

I think this is an interesting one in regards to that argument, since it doesn't really do anything to improve the biggest problem at the club, which is Mike Ashley.

It may well have a positive influence at the club in the long-term, but I don't think it's fair to say that people who don't like this idea shouldn't be allowed to criticise it.

I personally like the idea, but I do think it's an extremely long shot. And it is also completely dependent on Mike Ashley not being the owner, which will resolve most of our problems in itself.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’d have a lot more respect if they tried this. Last year they were kicking off and I’ll be honest, I think back then they could have either managed it or came close to managing to buy their club.

I was speaking to a uni mate of mine who is a season ticket holder for them, and there was no fucking desire to even think about doing something like this. It was all too easy for them to say ‘Woe me’ and not even try.

“Too magesque”  like I say I won’t go looking at what they think .

I admire what they're doing, but I personally dont really care about fan ownership. I just want an owner who has some ambition. If Ashley does sell to Staveley and co, that'll do for me.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think this is an interesting one in regards to that argument, since it doesn't really do anything to improve the biggest problem at the club, which is Mike Ashley.

It may well have a positive influence at the club in the long-term, but I don't think it's fair to say that people who don't like this idea shouldn't be allowed to criticise it.

I personally like the idea, but I do think it's an extremely long shot. And it is also completely dependent on Mike Ashley not being the owner, which will resolve most of our problems in itself.

Not saying people shouldn't be allowed to give constructive criticism of the idea but for years when planned protests or boycotts or whatever the hell in or out SJP have been suggested there's always a group that wants it shot down in flames because its either 'embarrassing' or it 'won't do anything' or 'the mackems will rip the piss' (who actually gives a fuck about what they think btw?). Its showing on this place regarding this and has in the past too. Constant derision of those who try to do something for the better of the club and supporters despite there being no showing of how what they themselves are doing has had any kind of positive impact on change at the club whatsoever. Its beyond boring.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Not saying people shouldn't be allowed to give constructive criticism of the idea but for years when planned protests or boycotts or whatever the hell in or out SJP have been suggested there's always a group that wants it shot down in flames because its either 'embarrassing' or it 'won't do anything' or 'the mackems will rip the piss' (who actually gives a fuck about what they think btw?). Its showing on this place regarding this and has in the past too. Constant derision of those who try to do something for the better of the club and supporters despite there being no showing of how what they themselves are doing has had any kind of positive impact on change at the club whatsoever. Its beyond boring.

or maybe folk just know it won’t change a fuking thing mate? 

most have said they applaud it but for me it’s simple , stop going to the fuking games, I don’t get why folk can’t get it into their heads that this apart from a rich nut case coming along is the only way and always has been to get rid of him.Till then we just sit and twist all day every day 😂