Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

I'm talking about the quick reply to my e-mail...unless they're getting a few queries about it so now have that as a copy & paste job.

I've heard from a few people who got the same email.

Incidentally, if you're trying to buy something off someone (at a price of say £100m) are you not massively weaknening your own negotiating position by telling them that you think it makes them loads of money every month?

They seriously need to get someone to sort out their communication. The email yesterday was shocking. Even if their 7mil thing was correct, that email wasn't the place to mention it. It was just stuck in there as a dig for what seems like no reason. Infact, I don't know the purpose of the email. The questionaire was shocking. I would ave failed uni if I had produced something so shit.

I would love to see this idea work, and I think some of the critisism has been unfair and petty, however that email was a joke. The actual meeting in Bamburgh I went to wasn't much better and they aren't anywhere near as professional as the Berwick Rangers Supporters Trust which is a worry. They really need to get some sensible, clever people involved if they arnt going to self distruct.

I'm talking about the quick reply to my e-mail...unless they're getting a few queries about it so now have that as a copy & paste job.

I've heard from a few people who got the same email.

Incidentally, if you're trying to buy something off someone (at a price of say £100m) are you not massively weaknening your own negotiating position by telling them that you think it makes them loads of money every month?

It is a cut and paste job, i got the same email

Shocking bit of communication.

To answer earlier questions, I think the document they are referring to will most likely be a draft Information Memorandum, these are almost like an informal prospectus, which lists financial details about a proposed investment and is circulated to investors who are considering investing in some sort of fund/company, to give them all of the necessary information on the company/investment to allow investors to make an informed decision. The Information Memorandum will have been prepared with the intention to circulate to those who have expressed an interest in the NUST scheme, not by Ashley or by earlier purchasers. This makes the most sense.

I stress the word "draft", because there are very very stringent rules when raising funds from the public, moreso when pensions are involved. I would suggest that if the text in yesterday's e-mail ever made it into a more formal investment document sent out to potential investors in the NUST scheme, and it somehow went ahead, those responsible would perhaps face criminal charges - the rules are that strict.

I don't think they can come back from this. I have always been sceptical (just for pure economic reasons), but I pledged my cash nontheless, as it is a worthy idea. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to lose it, but if I wasn't I would be very nervous putting any investment (moreso a slice of my pension) in their direction.

They seriously need to get someone to sort out their communication. The email yesterday was shocking. Even if their 7mil thing was correct, that email wasn't the place to mention it. It was just stuck in there as a dig for what seems like no reason. Infact, I don't know the purpose of the email. The questionaire was shocking. I would ave failed uni if I had produced something so s***.

I would love to see this idea work, and I think some of the critisism has been unfair and petty, however that email was a joke. The actual meeting in Bamburgh I went to wasn't much better and they aren't anywhere near as professional as the Berwick Rangers Supporters Trust which is a worry. They really need to get some sensible, clever people involved if they arnt going to self distruct.

:kasper:

I don't think they can come back from this. I have always been sceptical (just for pure economic reasons), but I pledged my cash nontheless, as it is a worthy idea. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to lose it, but if I wasn't I would be very nervous putting any investment (moreso a slice of my pension) in their direction.

I was also a bit concerned about the plan (whilst finding it an interesting idea). Didn't pledge cash as I don't have any spare currently, but this latest communication means I still have niggling doubts and it's going to take a lot to convince me otherwise.

I think they know exactly what they're doing tbh. People who will do anything to get rid of Ashley will see that, think well if we're making a £7m profit each month it's a sound investment that they'll probably get back, put a fair chunk of cash in, NUST win. Shocking if you ask me.

I think they know exactly what they're doing tbh. People who will do anything to get rid of Ashley will see that, think well if we're making a £7m profit each month it's a sound investment that they'll probably get back, put a fair chunk of cash in, NUST win. Shocking if you ask me.

But if you mislead investors into parting with their cash with statements that just aren't true then you tend to go to prison. Ask Bernard Madoff.

I was in two mind about trusting my funds with NUST, but not any more.

I'm tired of hearing how there are 'top professionals' on board- well top professionals clearly aren't churning out numbers like that.

You don't need GCSE maths to work out that 7x12 is more than we'll turn over in this division- are players now paying for the privilege of playing in the black and white shirt?

Stunts like this will have any professionals involved distancing themselves from the project- what accountant would own up to producing this sort of garbage?

They've lost any respect they had built up before with this £7m a month bullshit.

I feel embarrassed for them and those who've put their heart and soul in to the campaign, but it is now officially dead.

It's not like they ever got any credit on here anyway though is it?

And rightly not, the way it's turning out.

But there were always plenty of uncritical ("at least they're doing something") supporters too.

Like myself, but now all i can do is laugh.

Ashley couldn't have planned it better himself.

But there were always plenty of uncritical ("at least they're doing something") supporters too.

Why would he want to chase away a potential buyer?

Why would he want to chase away a potential buyer?

They had the support of the fans, or at least some, more than Ashley's got, but for them to step up and buy them was an age away, probably too long for the 2010 season where Ashley will again attempt to sell to the highest bidder.

The idea they were more competent than Ashley has put more pressure on him but that has flown straight out of the window with £7m profit shite.

We should have a poll on what was more embarrasisng

(1) NUST's press releases

(2) The golf course dossier

(2) would win by a country mile.

On the whole the NUST have been organised, earnest and effective.  This is clearly a mis-step but it's a long term, well backed campaign amongst fans and the media.  Such clangers hurt them all the more having built up the level of momentum they have exactly because they're a far more well publicised and organised group than whoever knocked up the pamphlet on powerpoint that no-one outside of a couple of message boards has any clue about.