Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

I signed up yesterday but only received a receipt via email ( from PayPal).

I wasn't expecting a personalised phonecall,  but an email confirming membership would've been handy.

I had email within minutes from them saying my application is being processed.

I got that email. I expected another.

Guest The Little Waster

I hope they go all out and push for a total boycott of the club and anything associated with Ashley.

NUST

" We won’t ever organise a boycott or anything like that - we will always put key NUFC issues to the membership"

Pointless then

I hope they go all out and push for a total boycott of the club and anything associated with Ashley.

NUST

" We won’t ever organise a boycott or anything like that - we will always put key NUFC issues to the membership"

Pointless then

Again, does not mean they won’t support a boycott. As it says they’d put it to the members vote

I'm in the position where I don't think I feel able to trust the leadership of any fans' groups at the present time unfortunately. I might get slated for this, but it's my view at the moment.

Egos have always seemed to come into play with our fanbase previously, and may again in future, but the main sticking point for me is the leadership of fans groups calling off previous protests after being asked to by people close to previous 'takeover' attempts. It was either extremely naive, or a convenient excuse, but that decision always seemed ridiculous to me. Any decent new owner would not say 'stop protesting against your horrible owner, or else it will affect us buying the club'. Is there crossover between the leadership of this group and the Magpie Group, or the fans forum?

Or does this group aim to put important strategy decisions to it's membership as a vote, and follow though on the results?

Where can I find more information about this group? As I don't know enough to make an informed decision as yet I don't feel.

I'm in the position where I don't think I feel able to trust the leadership of any fans' groups at the present time unfortunately. I might get slated for this, but it's my view at the moment.

Egos have always seemed to come into play with our fanbase previously, and may again in future, but the main sticking point for me is the leadership of fans groups calling off previous protests after being asked to by people close to previous 'takeover' attempts. It was either extremely naive, or a convenient excuse, but that decision always seemed ridiculous to me. Any decent new owner would not say 'stop protesting against your horrible owner, or else it will affect us buying the club'. Is there crossover between the leadership of this group and the Magpie Group, or the fans forum?

Or does this group aim to put important strategy decisions to it's membership as a vote, and follow though on the results?

Where can I find more information about this group? As I don't know enough to make an informed decision as yet I don't feel.

The trust has to put things to a vote. Every single member has an equal share (£1)

Some strategy decisions will be made by the Board, some will be put to members- and if you don't like what is being done you can vote members off the board at the AGM. You can't run a trust organisation with everything being done by vote of 5,000+ people, nothing would ever get done. That's why we have a board giving up a hell of a lot of their spare time to build a functioning trust.

There is no crossover with the Board of the NUST and The Magpie Group, I resigned from TMG for a number of reasons and that was before I joined the board of NUST.

NUST have a place on the pointless fans forum which have been very critical of but as NUST - nobody on the board has a role there in any other capacity.

We have a good range of people on the board and so far it's working very well and really no ego issues (yes, even with Steve Wraith). Steve's contacts have been invaluable really in building the trust back up.

Plenty of info on the website but I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have.

In my opinion, there is no eventual realistic aim for NUST in regards to Mike Ashley/the ownership of the club.

They have said that eventually they want to own 51% of the club. Giving the finances I don’t think it’s realistic without either a generous donation from someone wealthy, and/or a change in the rules of ownership of football clubs.

They aren’t going suddenly challenge Ashley as they need to keep open the lines of communication that they do have with the club. Ok so they have members on the fans forum, but we all know that’s a waste of time in anyway.

They aren’t going to directly promote or organise protests, and the likes of Wor flags etc are all officially independent of NUST despite having some members crossing over.

I can’t see them doing anything right now that would help us get rid of Ashley, which is what the majority of the supporter base wants.

Some strategy decisions will be made by the Board, some will be put to members- and if you don't like what is being done you can vote members off the board at the AGM. You can't run a trust organisation with everything being done by vote of 5,000+ people, nothing would ever get done. That's why we have a board giving up a hell of a lot of their spare time to build a functioning trust.

There is no crossover with the Board of the NUST and The Magpie Group, I resigned from TMG for a number of reasons and that was before I joined the board of NUST.

NUST have a place on the pointless fans forum which have been very critical of but as NUST - nobody on the board has a role there in any other capacity.

We have a good range of people on the board and so far it's working very well and really no ego issues (yes, even with Steve Wraith). Steve's contacts have been invaluable really in building the trust back up.

Plenty of info on the website but I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have.

Thanks for all the information, it's much appreciated. I'll have a little think over the next couple of days, I may well get back to you with a few more questions but fairly happy with what you have stated.

In the latest trust email this is what they’ve achieved in the past. I know many will only really care about getting Ashley out which is understandable but they’ve done some good stuff.

So what has the NUFC Trust achieved in the past?

Supported The FSA in their A Derby To Be Proud Of campaign, where fans on both sides of Tyne & Wear could have ended up seeing very restrictive away travel measures (aka “bubble matches”) from 2014 onwards.

Supported lads arrested at Boro away following disturbance in the ground, arranging solicitor representation and avoided a banning order.

Supported a lad arrested at West Ham away when encroaching the pitch following a goal, again got him a solicitor and avoided ban after persuading court it was due to crowd-surge.

Set up a credit union as alternative to Wonga.

Instrumental in setting up NUFC Fans Foodbank which raises thousands every match day to feed the people of our city and beyond.

Local Achiever awards – providing match tickets to good causes.

Intervened in disputes where fans have had to change seats with club.

Applying successfully for SJP to be granted ‘Asset of Community Value’ status.

Continuous discussions with developers around Strawberry place land.

Support for The FSA’s campaign 20’s Plenty.

Support for The FSA’s campaign for Safe Standing.

Involvement with previous potential buyers about fan representation.

Roadshows throughout region as far as Alnwick to South Durham.

Annual kids 5 a side competition during 6 weeks holidays.

Football training in the community, paying for coaching going into local schools.

What has the NUFC Trust achieved/been up to most recently?

Continuing to monitor and dispute the Strawberry Place development plans.

Continuing to support the NUFC Fans Foodbank.

We raised over £1,000 for the 5 supporters arrested against Bournemouth and supported them with legal advice.

Continuing support for The FSA’s various campaigns (safe standing, 20’s plenty).

Disputing UEFA’s European super league plans.

Annual supporters survey.

Opposed the current running of the NUFC Fans Forum.

Lowered membership fees for the Trust from £10 to £1, £50 to £5 and £100 to £10 enabling more fans than ever to sign up and have their voice heard.

We’re working on a new website which will enable all fans to manage their membership, be sent and read up to date member only news from the Trust and vote on what the Trust should be working on.

Talking with high profile individuals to get on board our campaign for future Trust actions.

Well worth a £1

Thanks for all the information, it's much appreciated. I'll have a little think over the next couple of days, I may well get back to you with a few more questions but fairly happy with what you have stated.

Plenty of info on the Trust website https://nufctrust.co.uk/ and on www.nufc.com

Was speaking to someone who said that NUST are backing a plan that anyone who doesnt renew would potentially get loyalty points if club ownership changed. As someone who as ditched 275 point since Rafa left I think this would get a huge amount of people onboard with NUST and the idea of not renewing

Guest poor

although i do think a number of those on the board have ego and motive issues, if this is the only game in town then it has to be supported. just did the lifetime membership now