Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Just how many fans of the club are there? If we count every living man, woman and child in Newcastle, according to Google that's about 250k people. If they all somehow conjured up £1k each to put towards a bid, that's still £100m short of the supposed 'asking price'. I don't think you could ever get to a solely fan-owned PL club now with the money involved.

Guest Gonzo

Just how many fans of the club are there? If we count every living man, woman and child in Newcastle, according to Google that's about 250k people. If they all somehow conjured up £1k each to put towards a bid, that's still £100m short of the supposed 'asking price'. I don't think you could ever get to a solely fan-owned PL club now with the money involved.

That won’t ever happen. But if it were to turn into more of an investment group. More incentive for people with money to invest in. The dream of owning a slice of a club could be attractive.

That won’t ever happen. But if it were to turn into more of an investment group. More incentive for people with money to invest in. The dream of owning a slice of a club could be attractive.

It would be basically a Newcastle-branded fans investment group like you say. I'm not sure how much I would trust my fellow peers with investment funds over more 'established' investment companies at that...

Guest Gonzo

Their fan ownership idea is pointless it's never ever going to happen ever.

No it’s not but being a bit more strategic could work, e.g trying to secure trademarks associated with the club. Trying to get a piece, anything to leverage against Ashley.

Love the amount of people that bitch and moan yet do fuck all.

I joined. Cost me £1. Less than the price of a bottle of juice. I won’t bitch and moan about anyone trying to do something, anything.

How will joining NUST  help get rid of Ashley ?

I don’t know. Do you have the answers? Go on tell us all the simple solution that’ll get rid of Ashley? We are all ears.

Me? I’m willing to try everything and anything while not calling fellow fans idiots for trying in their own way. That’s just me tho

Did anyone call people idiots for joining?

Normally a trust is a great idea, and fair play to anyone who wants to. It’s just not like they will help much in the current situation. 

Guest The Little Waster

I joined. Cost me £1. Less than the price of a bottle of juice. I won’t bitch and moan about anyone trying to do something, anything.

I don’t know. Do you have the answers? Go on tell us all the simple solution that’ll get rid of Ashley? We are all ears.

Me? I’m willing to try everything and anything while not calling fellow fans idiots for trying in their own way. That’s just me tho

All fans can do is walk away and try and convince other fans to do the same ... NUST isn't about to do that .

I agree with walking away. I just can’t do nothing. I joined it cost £1. I won’t slag people who try to make things better. That’s just not me

Walking away isn't doing nothing , neither is proselytising the view to others that its better to walk away ... sending NUST a quid when they are part of the infrastructure and won't do anything to rock the boat to the extent that it needs to be rocked seems a waste of a quid , but hey if it makes you feel good about yourself go for it

Normally a trust is a great idea, and fair play to anyone who wants to. It’s just not like they will help much in the current situation. 

As long as the money doesn't go into NUFC it's not the end of the world. Anyone joining is an idiot though. No point trying to work with the club as long as Ashley is here. There's no other way than to work against him.

Edit: Unless you're a double agent and propose to implement less accessibility, higher ticket prices and merchandise.

Fan ownership is my ideal model. Very difficult to achieve of course. The best way I see it happening is if the fans came together to put down enough money to gain a %, then used money generated by the club to pay Ashley or whoever owns the club. Of course the club would have to be well run for that to work.

Eh aye

As long as the money doesn't go into NUFC it's not the end of the world. Anyone joining is an idiot though. No point trying to work with the club as long as Ashley is here. There's no other way than to work against him.

Edit: Unless you're a double agent and propose to implement less accessibility, higher ticket prices and merchandise.

All fans can do is walk away and try and convince other fans to do the same ... NUST isn't about to do that .

I agree with walking away. I just can’t do nothing. I joined it cost £1. I won’t slag people who try to make things better. That’s just not me

Walking away isn't doing nothing , neither is proselytising the view to others that its better to walk away ... sending NUST a quid when they are part of the infrastructure and won't do anything to rock the boat to the extent that it needs to be rocked seems a waste of a quid , but hey if it makes you feel good about yourself go for it

I’ve walked away. Dunno what your point is.

Honestly so easy to sling the word idiot about. What exactly are you doing?

I'm not feeding Ashley. I'll support any action taken against him. I'll call anyone that tries to work with him or give him money an idiot, which is what you are if you think something will change after 12 years. Very easy to sling that word out.

Fan ownership is my ideal model. Very difficult to achieve of course. The best way I see it happening is if the fans came together to put down enough money to gain a %, then used money generated by the club to pay Ashley or whoever owns the club. Of course the club would have to be well run for that to work.

Except it's a private company, so you can't do this. If NUST were buying NUFC shares (which don't exist currently), I'd be fully on board. Although I'd probably consider just buying them myself.

I'm not feeding Ashley. I'll support any action taken against him. I'll call anyone that tries to work with him or give him money an idiot, which is what you are if you think something will change after 12 years. Very easy to sling that word out.

The trust are giving him money. Maybe understand what it is first maybe

Except it's a private company, so you can't do this. If NUST were buying NUFC shares (which don't exist currently), I'd be fully on board. Although I'd probably consider just buying them myself.

Maybe we could put some n an agreement with ASHLEY? :undecided:

If ashley wont sell to a group that make billion dollar invesments he will never sell even a small pecentage to the fans. After 12 years of inacton What have they done with the money collected so far? You'd be better off chucking your pound in the Tyne.

Guest The Little Waster

They ain’t trying to buy from Ashley.

What are they doing then?

Getting £ 1 from people for nowt :  )

The trust are giving him money. Maybe understand what it is first maybe

I understand what it is perfectly fine. My issue is that NUST are trying to work with the club, which means they are trying to work with Ashley.

make Newcastle United a better experience for all fans

Why would you do that when everyone should do their outmost to make fans not attend matches?

Why promote safe standing to make it more affordable to go to matches when it will only mean more people will give Ashley their money?

It's not that I disagree with these things, they are all great initiatives, but they are redundant under the current ownership and if NUST is successful with any of these initiatives it will only work against the best interest of the club in the long term.

If they actively went out with a mission statement that at present time, the only thing they want to achieve is for every fan to not give the club or any business Ashley is affiliated with money until the club is sold, and nothing else but that I'd sign up in an instant. It's the only thing that will work, and it's the only thing Ashley listen to.