Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Well for a start they said the trust won’t organise a boycott. They didn’t say they wouldn’t ‘promote’ or support one. It would go to a vote amongst the members for them to decide. They also say they ideally want change of ownership. Fuck me, I have literally no prior knowledge about the trust but I can read

The trust aren't the ones to be organizing boycotts and protests. It's like  asking the ambulance service to come put out a fire.

Exactly. At no point have they said they wouldn’t support a boycott

The trust aren't the ones to be organizing boycotts and protests. It's like  asking the ambulance service to come put out a fire.

Alright whatever, but you going on about looking forward to hearing my plans like i have to justify myself.

Alright whatever, but you going on about looking forward to hearing my plans like i have to justify myself.

Well you are quick to have a go at people who are trying.

Tbh your opinion means very little to me on here. You were near having a breakdown the other day ffs

Well simply not buying SD merchandise isn't going to cut it. The rest of the country doesn't give a fuck and will happily line his pocket. Sports Direct is the 'go to' place for those looking to save money, or those with little to spend. With large parts of the country living in poverty, he will always have the monopoly on the market.

Not going to games isn't going to cut it, either. They'll always be a fair weather 'fan' to take your place.

So what are you actually going to do? What would you be actually be interested in participating in?

It’s not for me like, not slating it but any “working with the club” is completely out of the question in my eyes

They state they want a change in ownership. The trust working with club under new owners would be ideal they help with safe standing, ticket prices etc.

I read on twitter so may be totally wrong, that the trust paid for the fans fines from the Bournemouth game

Well simply not buying SD merchandise isn't going to cut it. The rest of the country doesn't give a f*** and will happily line his pocket. Sports Direct is the 'go to' place for those looking to save money, or those with little to spend. With large parts of the country living in poverty, he will always have the monopoly on the market.

Not going to games isn't going to cut it, either. They'll always be a fair weather 'fan' to take your place.

So what are you actually going to do? What would you be actually be interested in participating in?

Again, i don't need to justify myself, but for what it's worth i've been boycotting, going to protests, not buying merchandise from any of his places, being a nuisance online with his companies, and telling others around me who aren't even necessarily interested in football about what he is doing to the club, is that ok for you?

Tbh your opinion means very little to me on here. You were near having a breakdown the other day ffs

No worries, and yea, i've been pretty cut up about my club getting completely fucked up.

Sorry about that.

No worries, and yea, i've been pretty cut up about my club getting completely fucked up.

Sorry about that.

I get it we are all upset. No point losing the head about it. More to life etc

No worries, and yea, i've been pretty cut up about my club getting completely f***ed up.

Sorry about that.

Yes, but it's an NUFC forum.

No worries, and yea, i've been pretty cut up about my club getting completely f***ed up.

Sorry about that.

It’s not, is it?

But come on saying your struggling and you can’t sleep is a bit ott in my opinion

Sorry about that.

It’s not, is it?

But come on saying your struggling and you can’t sleep is a bit ott in my opinion

Well sorry like, but i was  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Anything that involves Wraith automatically makes me not wanting anything to do with this, but if everyone did say join for a pound, that would give NUST a huge and potentially big and powerful voice which can be used for more critical activism regarding ownership change. Better in than out like Europe even though I didn’t vote

The trust have been massively ineffective in the past. They have let others take on more activity against Ashley. They rarely speak up and I believe they are connected to the club as a supporters group, so therefor can’t ruin their relationship with them.

Pretty sure they were the ones getting people to invest their pensions into them in an effort to buy a stake in the club from Ashley some years back. Money that has went missing.

I don’t trust them to do anything that would be effective in getting Ashley out.

The trust have been massively ineffective in the past. They have let others take on more activity against Ashley. They rarely speak up and I believe they are connected to the club as a supporters group, so therefor can’t ruin their relationship with them.

Pretty sure they were the ones getting people to invest their pensions into them in an effort to buy a stake in the club from Ashley some years back. Money that has went missing.

I don’t trust them to do anything that would be effective in getting Ashley out.

Would you judge a new owner of Newcastle by what Ashley has done?  That’s essentially what you’ve done with the trust. I believe it’s a different board.

Also all I know about a supporters trust is little bits ive picked up from my local club Airdrie and they have been at war with the owners. So it’s not correct to say they are connected with the club etc. They also do fantastic work within the community

I signed up yesterday but only received a receipt via email ( from PayPal).

I wasn't expecting a personalised phonecall,  but an email confirming membership would've been handy.

I had email within minutes from them saying my application is being processed.