Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

As much as I appreciate the faith guys!  :D

There are ongoing meetings today following the release of the DiCanio news.  Just about every broadcaster has been approached (minus the BBC who have only been approached locally for radio rights) but at the moment no-one is biting but there's a lot of effort ongoing

As of this morning *officially* 30,543 tickets have gone.  To make it a sell out it would be 36,000 (plus a little bit)

Shame this isn't going to be a 52k full house, really. Suppose the timing isn't ideal. Summer over + general disillusionment surrounding the club.

Really, really hope it gets a TV broadcast cos I'm so gutted not to be there.

Shame this isn't going to be a 52k full house, really. Suppose the timing isn't ideal. Summer over + general disillusionment surrounding the club.

Really, really hope it gets a TV broadcast cos I'm so gutted not to be there.

I think Steve knew with all due respect to him, that he wasn't going to fill 52k, the committee did ask for the whole stadium but more experienced reasoned heads at the club advised them (nothing to do with Mike!) that it was unlikely he'd sell 52,000 regardless of when it was on.

The money saved on extra policing, stewarding etc will all go to the charities so that's the main thing.

Level 7 hasn't been ruled out but with 3 days to go you'd need a rush of about 10,000 to justify it.

But one thing I would say is and if it's looking like L7 won't be open and you want to go, get your ticket asap as it'd be terrible to turn up on the day and find its sold out due to L7 being closed

The scum will use this as an excuse to come to St James and take the p*ss. Hope the police have realised this.

If it was the other way round, i'm not sure i'd want to go to a testimonial held for any sunderland legend, if they ever had a legend of course. They're probably not happy that he's playing.

8am meeting re - extraordinary level of sales this weekend. Been put down to Paolo publicity (sorry!!) Decision over level 7 to be made asap.

I should add that although ground appears full not all sections are actually opened up yet so worth checking back tomorrow first thing.

A few bars and other areas not yet opened up

8am meeting re - extraordinary level of sales this weekend. Been put down to Paolo publicity (sorry!!) Decision over level 7 to be made asap.

The policing needs to be spot on like. A few boozed up kids and things will get ugly.