Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

Can't f**cking wait for this.  Even pulling the bairn out of school early to make sure we get to the train station early enough.

:lol: superb.

Quite telling that there are none of the current mob playing tonight.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10301141/Newcastle-United-is-being-poisoned-by-Mike-Ashleys-toxic-relationship-with-supporters-says-Steve-Harper.html

Harper dream Newcastle XI

"In the best tradition of Newcastle United I’ve gone for a team that would play with the idea that to win games all you have to do is score more goals than the opposition."

GK Shay Given

CB Fabricio Coloccini

CB Jonathan Woodgate

CB Philippe Albert

RWB Nolberto Solano

LWB David Ginola

CM Kevin Nolan

CM Rob Lee

AM Peter Beardsley

ST Andrew Cole

ST Alan Shearer

Subs: Krul, Enrique, Howey, Clark, Carroll, Asprilla, Ferdinand.

I thought he'd have at least put himself on the bench  ;D

Guest reefatoon

It was great to wake up this morning looking forward to going to the match. It may be a match in slow motion, but it's going to be cracking, can't wait!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10301141/Newcastle-United-is-being-poisoned-by-Mike-Ashleys-toxic-relationship-with-supporters-says-Steve-Harper.html

"In the best tradition of Newcastle United I’ve gone for a team that would play with the idea that to win games all you have to do is score more goals than the opposition."

GK Shay Given

CB Fabricio Coloccini

CB Jonathan Woodgate

CB Philippe Albert

RWB Nolberto Solano

LWB David Ginola

CM Kevin Nolan

CM Rob Lee

AM Peter Beardsley

ST Andrew Cole

ST Alan Shearer

Dat back three :sweetjesus:

Not too dissimilar to the teamsheet I waggishly suggest they play for the testimonial.

GK Shay Given

CB Fabricio Coloccini

CB Jonathan Woodgate

CB Philippe Albert

RWB Nolberto Solano

LWB David Ginola

CM Kevin Nolan

CM Rob Lee

AM Peter Beardsley

ST Andrew Cole

ST Alan Shearer

Dat back three :sweetjesus:

Not too dissimilar to the teamsheet I waggishly suggest they play for the testimonial.

Ginola as a wingback :yao:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but even though there is no TV, is there a chance this might be filmed for a DVD release like the Shearer Testimonial? With it coming just before Christmas as well, must be worth doing a DVD release with proceeds going to charity etc.?

Wish I was able to go tonight, any attendance over 40k would've been good but it looks like it maybe end up near full, which would be amazing. Really do hope the club have managed some sort of arrangement allowing the game to be released on DVD, would be a shame if not.