Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

I knew a man that reckoned Arca would 'start for any team in the world'

They loved Julio Arca man :lol:

It was his straight face after our hysterical laughter that made it all the funnier.

Tbf his first season he did look like he was going to be immense. Rated him highly from 2000-3, but he stagnated after that. Think he'd have made a very good career for himself if he'd left them about 2002 when he was being linked with big clubs.

I always thought Speed and lee were fantastic players in their own right, but they didn't really suit playing in the same team as they were too similar. I think we had problems under Dalglish when we had too many hard working midfielders in the same team and no flair. Batty, Lee and Speed were all playing in the same midfield and it probably made them all look much worse than they were just because there was no wide outlet.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Does anyone know if the money spent of food/drinks inside the ground is going to the club or to the charities involved?

Ashley owns the catering company that bought the contract so yeah.. straight in his back pocket.

Does anyone know if the money spent of food/drinks inside the ground is going to the club or to the charities involved?

Ashley owns the catering company that bought the contract so yeah.. straight in his back pocket.

No he doesn't.

Sodexo do catering in the club and run the Number 9 bar. 

Guest Haris Vuckic

No he doesn't.

Sodexo do catering in the club and run the Number 9 bar. 

Fair one. But that's what I'd heard. :thup:

Oh and if we're being pedantic it's NINE :bluestar:

Sorry I didn't mean to come across as rude!

It's referenced as Number 9 internally so I always forget about it being NINE.  More of a Shark Club girl myself!

I'm not entirely sure on kiosks etc in terms of where the money is going (club, Sodexo, Harper) but I'll have a dig and get back. 

I believe but don't take it as complete gospel that the Foundation (organisers) will split 50/50 with Sodexo as catering staff etc have to be paid and NUFC won't be covering costs they are simply 'giving Harper the keys' for the night

Forgot to say, although Level 7 was opened today it was just the Leazes that was opened.

Not sure how its going as to whether Milburn getting opened but I think we're looking at high 40s thus far

Mary, could you sort me out some tickets for the mackems away game next month?

If you've got enough loyalty points of course, just apply  ;)

If not, plenty of empty pink seats to take

Rob Lee is easily the best midfielder we've had in my lifetime, my 2nd favourite player after Shearer (well joint with Beardsley 2nd). Great player. I have to bite my tongue when I see people name their best Newcastle' team of the lifetime and they don't include him. I loved Gary Speed as a player and a man but I never understand people who think he was a better player than Lee. No chance.

Speed was underrated though, whereas I think everyone always knew what a class act Lee was.  When Speed played for us, he used to get a fair bit of stick from the crowd.  I am sure a lot of the people who used to do it would never admit to it now given the tragic circumstances.

Speed was woeful for his first six month at the club whilst he was played as a left winger... It was only when he switched inside that he began to justify his transfer fee... Probably didnt help that he replaced Ginola... :lol:

Rarely remember Rob Lee having a bad game for us...