Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

I can see this turning into the darkest of 'Stiff List' predictions: "Are you interested in predicting the next tragic, untimely and self-inflicted demise of a former NUFC hero? Then stump-up your ten-bob for the Suicide Sweepstake!"  :undecided:

Completely in favour of this, While Harper was at the club predominantly as second choice keeper, the first choice often said what a good coach he was to them and so have a lot of young players. Always giving good advice and always preparing his selection rival well ahead of the upcoming fixture.

While he was here we have had three young keepers who eventually got picked to represent their nation at major championships. Most clubs don't even produce one of these a generation.

Harper and Smith (who presumably recommended) will make great coaches of our keepers for years to come.

Mackem

While other are joking, i'm fairly certain you're being serious.

He really is. :lol:

Nobody who claims to be a Newcastle man like him would go to the mackems, especially when they don't need too

I wasn't particularly happy when he joined the scum, I wish he didn't but just because he loves Newcastle doesn't necessarily mean he hates Sunderland

we welcomed Lee Clark back for a second spell? I dont see the problem?

Harpers career was all but over, he had given 99% of it to Newcastle. Newcastle didnt want/need him anymore so he took a payday at the Mackems allowing him to stay in the region. If he was unlikely to play anyway why move miles away?

I've nothing bad to say about him. Its odd anyone would.

Mackem

He really is. [emoji38]

Nobody who claims to be a Newcastle man like him would go to the mackems, especially when they don't need too

I wasn't particularly happy when he joined the scum, I wish he didn't but just because he loves Newcastle doesn't necessarily mean he hates Sunderland

It doesn't matter in the slightest this is the sort  of thing the Makems should be creating 7 or 8 threads about. Hardly a concern for us.

Mackem

He really is. :lol:

Jesus, a you're being so contrary, so often at this point that you have to be doing it on purpose just to get a reaction from people. :lol:

No one in there right mind would think Harper is a Mackem, he spent 20 years here, he's our longest ever serving player, and I think he even said he was trying to prolong his playing career, but also wanted to return home, and Sunderland were the only team to offer that.