Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

I sort of like the idea of having a 'villain' there as long as it doesn't detract from the main person/cause too much. Di Canio seems to have grabbed the spotlight but someone like Quinn or Kevin Phillips might be a larf (at least they aren't arseholes like PDC).

Testimonial replica strips available here...

http://sh-testimonial.sondicoprofessional.com/buy-here-9

Hopefully the some, if not all proceeds from sales will go to the charities too.

Thanks for the link.  I put my money where my mouth is and ordered a shirt.  First home shirt I've bought in 3 years.  f*** Puma!  O0

"Guess who wins again", etc etc.

if the sales of those shirts go up, say hello to Mike Ashley's Sondico kits in the Premier League very soon. It seemed decent but i'm sure i've seen some rank sondico kits in either League 1 or League 2..can't remember who's..

Hopefully the some, if not all proceeds from sales will go to the charities too.

£25, not bad

i'd be tempted like but with the sizes being s/m and l/xl rather than just a regular large i'd either have a really tight shirt or one that looked like a tent.  :undecided:

£25, not bad

i'd be tempted like but with the sizes being s/m and l/xl rather than just a regular large i'd either have a really tight shirt or one that looked like a tent.  :undecided:

I was going to get one but the sizes are ridiculous. What happens to the people between 40 and 46?

Robert, Albert and Ketsbaia would have been class last night like. Anyone else major who was missing?

Surprised Aaron Hughes and Robbie Elliot weren't there.

Hughes is injured iirc so couldn't play for Northern Ireland and Elliot is in America.

I absolutely love Tim Krul and wouldn't trade him for any other keeper in the world. But for those who went, how did it feel seeing Shay Given wearing the Newcastle badge again? IMO as a player he ranks up there in legendary status for us alongside the likes of Solano and Lee.

Agree on that but awful career move from him in hindsight ,cannot blame him can we  :undecided:

I think he will most certainly regret how it all panned out, jumped a sinking ship only for his personal lifeboat to get a puncture. If someone had told him that’s how his career would have went after he left us, no chance would he have left. Fortunately his departure lead to Krul moving up the pecking order ousting out Harper in due course which has worked wonders for us.

I can't blame Given for jumping ship like.  The club was a total shambles at the time and there seemed little prospect of improvement.

Plus time was running out for him in terms of winning something and Man City were clearly going to win a trophy or two in the coming years.