George Caulkin

Tooj

He's direct, he's pacy, he works his bollocks off, and when he gets his goal at SJP the weight will be lifted for him. Hasn't all his goals come for us away from home?

Yeah I think so. I like him. The sort of all round player we need and always complain about not having

:thup:

He's scored 3 times for us in 20 games with one of those goals a finish into an empty net and another a big deflection. Doesn't really bode well.

I like him because of his pace, tenacity and directness but he can't really be depended on to start. He creates nowt either.

He's scored 3 times for us in 20 games with one of those goals a finish into an empty net and another a big deflection. Doesn't really bode well.

I like him because of his pace, tenacity and directness but he can't really be depended on to start. He creates nowt either.

Created a fair bit against Fulham granted it was when we were pressing and the whole team looked better.

He's scored 25 goals over the last two seasons, half a season in a country he'd just joined. He must have an inkling where the goal is.

in France which is a lower standard league and those sides outside of PSG and monaco steadily getting worse rather than better. He's got good points but I can only judge on what I've seen and he's shown no hint of being a reliable goalscorer.

I kind of agree (though has he really played 20 games for us? blimey) I'm just so sick of there being no movement up front someone just running about even fairly aimless is going to do us good. Shouldn't really ever be a started but nice to bring on from the bench to put some pressure on a backline.

Also poor stats are inevitable in our game, but he is a bit of a 'low expectations' player, so used to Shola that I'll take a 'moderate' striker.

Too fixated on goals IMO.... he brings so much to the team than just goals and besides the majority of his appearances he's played on the wing.

He's not in the team to score goals, he's in the team to add pace, movement, direct play etc etc which in turn provides space for others.

If he scores some important goals in the process then great but until he's the main goalscorer of the team he shouldn't be judged on goals.

Its like judging Hatem on goals, its just silly IMO.

Long term he shouldn't be a starter IMO but he's a fine squad player who will impact more games than he doesn't.

Too fixated on goals IMO.... he brings so much to the team than just goals and besides the majority of his appearances he's played on the wing.

He's not in the team to score goals, he's in the team to add pace, movement, direct play etc etc which in turn provides space for others.

If he scores some important goals in the process then great but until he's the main goalscorer of the team he shouldn't be judged on goals.

Long term he shouldn't be a starter IMO but he's a fine squad player who will impact more games than he doesn't.

Hatem for us plays on the wing, (I hesitate to call him a winger since he's not really) you don't judge him on goals because his role in the side is to create, Gouffran is supposed to be a striker judging on on goals is a reasonable thing to judge and when he's missing easy chances regardless of position its something to point out and be worried about especially considering we're one broken leg to Cisse from being completely screwed for goals.

We've played some of the worst football I've ever seen in those 20 games. Probably the MOST incoherent and flat attacking football any team has ever played at any level.

Hatem for us plays on the wing, (I hesitate to call him a winger since he's not really) you don't judge him on goals because his role in the side is to create, Gouffran is supposed to be a striker judging on on goals is a reasonable thing to judge and when he's missing easy chances regardless of position its something to point out and be worried about especially considering we're one broken leg to Cisse from being completely screwed for goals.

So does Gouffran, agree with the rest. But we can't really say how good of a striker Gouffran can be when he hardly plays there.

So does Gouffran, agree with the rest. But we can't really say how good of a striker Gouffran can be when he hardly plays there.

what I meant was Hatem was never a striker, not his game, Gouffran came over a striker shoved out to the wing because our squad is ridiculously lacking in anyone there so scoring goals was supposedly his game and if he's missing easy chances I'm going to judge him on it.

Gouff's a really useful player, certainly good enough for a squad challenging for the Europa League. I'd like to see him get a proper run at centre forward but that won't happen unless one of Cisse or Remy gets injured. He seems more up to the pace of the league now, he's been taking players on more and looked quicker and stronger every time he's played. I thought it was crap that he was dropped after the City match, he was actually having a pretty decent game until Taylor got sent off.

The way we play Gouff. He should be looking at getting 10 goals. Anything less than 7-8 would be disappointing. HBA's really in that same boat for me. I think he's good enough to get 20 goals/assists in a season. 8-12 goals is a realistic feat if he can stay fit.

Cisse should be looking at 15 minimum. Remy depending on where we play him shoudl really be hitting 10-15.

Cabaye 5 minimum. Marv should have 5 goals, 5 assists in mind. The rest? Need to just get off the mark....

Gouffran could be a big player for us if he wasn't restricted by rigid formations and/or percentage football. It's pretty clear that he's not the most clinical, but you don't have to be an out-and-out goalscorer or a playmaker to be an effective attacker. Let him run both channels and bob in and out of the box and he'll create space. He's good on the ball too. I really like him, tbh. I wanted us to sign a defined winger but if Pardew allowed our good players 'do their thing' in a fluid set-up (like the last 20 minutes against Fulham), someone like Gouffran will benefit the likes of Remy and Cisse and he would indirectly create several chances, just by his presence on the pitch.

And besides, I think he could score plenty of goals for us. To say he's lacking confidence sounds like a lame excuse after the to-ing and fro-ing we've done trying to work out Cisse's problems - but Gouffran clearly is lacking confidence. He's missed a couple of big chances this season and he desperately needs a goal.

That's the nagging doubt in my mind, he hasn't really scored a convincing goal yet which makes you think he's a natural born striker. Usually they will have a good shot on them or show a poacher's finish. Bellamy for example could belt a cracking shot with his left foot even if he wasn't getting on the end of many chances. I'd love to see Gouffran score a quality goal just to see what he's got in his locker.

That's the nagging doubt in my mind, he hasn't really scored a convincing goal yet which makes you think he's a natural born striker. Usually they will have a good shot on them or show a poacher's finish. Bellamy for example could belt a cracking shot with his left foot even if he wasn't getting on the end of many chances. I'd love to see Gouffran score a quality goal just to see what he's got in his locker.

The two finishes vs Citeh and Morecambe ruled out for offside were cracking like.