George Caulkin

Tooj

Linky?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02np1fr#auto

That's totalsport btw.

FFs, I'm only about 10 mins into this and there's a freakin idiot "Richard" calling in and whining on and on about Sissoko. FFS all the troubles we have the club Sissoko's form or performance is so far from what we should be complaining about it's ridiculous.

What do these people think when they call, "ooh i've got a chance to talk about the toon on the radio, let me rip into Sissoko, that'll fix all our problems". 

Linky?

That's totalsport btw.

FFs, I'm only about 10 mins into this and there's a freakin idiot "Richard" calling in and whining on and on about Sissoko. FFS all the troubles we have the club Sissoko's form or performance is so far from what we should be complaining about it's ridiculous.

What do these people think when they call, "ooh i've got a chance to talk about the toon on the radio, let me rip into Sissoko, that'll fix all our problems". 

People still talk about things on a game to game basis like it matters and the worst are those who ring up and just ask Ando questions without sying a word. waste of airtime. Missus is going mental about them mentioning Gus Poyet ad infinitum the last few nights :lol:

Linky?

That's totalsport btw.

always try and steer the show towards petty game issues rather than the bigger picture- just started tonight in the same vein.

With the exception of maybe Luke Edwards (although he's just posted that guff article about the accounts) Caulkin really does benefit from not only being a quality journalist but knowing he doesn't have to pander to the local echo chamber. Most of the local journos and those who are in the pocket of the club are 5 minutes away from being on the dole.

Find it odd (and refreshing) that he's admitting to being Newcastle supporter after all this time. Everything I've ever read by him or heard him say has been very diplomatic about being passionate about the North East as a whole rather than specifically supporting a single team. In fairness, that is touched upon in that piece but I've never seen him come as close to saying that Newcastle is categorically "his club", even if it has always seemed that way.

Either way, it's a good article.

Excellent piece once again by Caulkin but it needs greater publicity than just on that site. Unfortunately the ones that need to read it probably avoid AO like the plague.

He basically dictated the whole article during his rants on Total Sport, which helps. A lot of it was pretty much verbatim.

Excellent piece once again by Caulkin but it needs greater publicity than just on that site. Unfortunately the ones that need to read it probably avoid AO like the plague.

He basically dictated the whole article during his rants on Total Sport, which helps. A lot of it was pretty much verbatim.

:thup: