George Caulkin

Tooj

• 5 weeks later...

They go on about Graham Carr for a good section - all in agreement that he's a toxic, negative figure - but perplexed as to why the man is still there. It's like they aren't aware of the colossal profit we've made on a lot of Carr's signings. The reason is obvious.

They go on about Graham Carr for a good section - all in agreement that he's a toxic, negative figure - but perplexed as to why the man is still there. It's like they aren't aware of the colossal profit we've made on a lot of Carr's signings. The reason is obvious.

One of the worst things to happen to us getting a combined total of £55m for Sissoko and Wijnaldum, validates the failing system that they put in place. Always about the money, never about the football.

Marvellous podcast, like. I've got neck-ache from nodding. Michael Martin spot on with everything he says, too.

They summed it up really well. Benitez = hope, so if he goes it basically just draws a line through Newcastle ever being worth supporting whilst Ashley is here.

I'm still 50-50 as to him staying or going, it still surprises me that Townsend seemed to be our only target in January and I do think if we go up there will be money available but can Rafa work with Carr to spend it.

I'm still 50-50 as to him staying or going, it still surprises me that Townsend seemed to be our only target in January and I do think if we go up there will be money available but can Rafa work with Carr to spend it.

I'm 99.99999999% he's off and have been since all the rumours that the fat man was once again sticking his stupid oar in!

I'm convinced he'll be gone come the Summer - I just cannot see Ashley giving him the financial backing he'd want.

I'm afraid I'm the same, I think it'll be all the cloak and dagger stuff from Ashley and Benitez won't get the assurances he needs. If Benitez was to go it would comepletely kill off all interest in nufc while Ashley is there. Agree with Michael Martin, many would desert in droves, at least many of the regular hardcore that remains. Ashley's playing a dangerous game but if is ego gets the better if him again this could be his most costly decision.

He'll only go if the goalposts have changed since the summer surely? You'd have thought before signing up for 3 years, some sort of plan/budget would have been drawn up. I doubt it'd be anything near the spend we'd have the two windows before that but as long as it's what was agreed then I don't see him going. Though he signed up before the summer started throwing up the new benchmark for transfer fees now.

He'll only go if the goalposts have changed since the summer surely? You'd have thought before signing up for 3 years, some sort of plan/budget would have been drawn up. I doubt it'd be anything near the spend we'd have the two windows before that but as long as it's what was agreed then I don't see him going. Though he signed up before the summer started throwing up the new benchmark for transfer fees now.

It's the lack of communication that worries me. He seemed to suggest in interviews that he wasn't genuinely in the dark as to why nobody was signed in Jan. Maybe he knew more than he stated, who knows? I just think if he has a sense that he's going to be undermined anymore he'll be off as there'll be loads of clubs after him. My fear is also based around Ashley's ego and his inability to hand over control to someone who knows what they're doing and accept that his methods don't work even in the face of clear evidence.

I'm convinced he'll be gone come the Summer - I just cannot see Ashley giving him the financial backing he'd want.

I'm afraid I'm the same, I think it'll be all the cloak and dagger stuff from Ashley and Benitez won't get the assurances he needs. If Benitez was to go it would comepletely kill off all interest in nufc while Ashley is there. Agree with Michael Martin, many would desert in droves, at least many of the regular hardcore that remains. Ashley's playing a dangerous game but if is ego gets the better if him again this could be his most costly decision.

I really fucking hope not but all the signs are there. I'll push myself to give up too. Won't be easy but this would be the final straw.

The thing is if he doesn't give Benitez what he wants and isnt prepared to defer to football knowhow and experience to build something then he's basically looking to go back to the s**** we've seen before. Bring in effectively a coach/yes man who will be told to work within defined parameters and provided with players chosen by Carr.  Two relegations in his tenure you'd think and hope would've changed this mindset.