Ashley to keep club, put £20m in and consider stadium naming rights

Ashley17

Good luck, and pray some Asian or Middle Eastern company doesn't buy the rights, then rename St James' Park to something unpronounceable.

If football is a religion, guess it has now sold its soul to the highest bidder.

that happened with adbvertsing on tops,moving games at a moments notice for TV,and not being able to kick off till the tele man says the advert for gold converters has finished.

adidas Arena anyone? from the mirror

Sportswear giants adidas lead the chase to win the renaming rights at Newcastle’s famous St James’ Park.

The German firm, already the Magpies’ kit suppliers, want to rebrand the 52,000-seat stadium as the adidas Arena.

And to win over unfavourable public opinion on Tyneside, adidas are considering naming one of the stands after Geordie legend Sir Bobby Robson.

It is understood that with Newcastle’s kit deal up for renewal next summer, adidas are in prime position to negotiate a double deal that could earn the club up to £20million.

Bosses at adidas’s German headquarters have drawn up a feasibility study for what will be a controversial renaming of the ground.

A German source said: “adidas feel they are in prime position to win the naming rights as they have a long and proven relationship with Newcastle. But they are aware that there is hostility to changing the name and know they will have to tread carefully.”

Sportswear giants adidas lead the chase to win the renaming rights at Newcastles famous St James Park.

The German firm, already the Magpies kit suppliers, want to rebrand the 52,000-seat stadium as the adidas Arena.

And to win over unfavourable public opinion on Tyneside, adidas are considering naming one of the stands after Geordie legend Sir Bobby Robson.

It is understood that with Newcastles kit deal up for renewal next summer, adidas are in prime position to negotiate a double deal that could earn the club up to £20million.

Bosses at adidass German headquarters have drawn up a feasibility study for what will be a controversial renaming of the ground.

A German source said: adidas feel they are in prime position to win the naming rights as they have a long and proven relationship with Newcastle. But they are aware that there is hostility to changing the name and know they will have to tread carefully.

Yeah, bring it on. I'm getting so annoyed with all this posturing.

Sportswear giants adidas lead the chase to win the renaming rights at Newcastles famous St James Park.

The German firm, already the Magpies kit suppliers, want to rebrand the 52,000-seat stadium as the adidas Arena.

It is understood that with Newcastles kit deal up for renewal next summer, adidas are in prime position to negotiate a double deal that could earn the club up to £20million.

Bosses at adidass German headquarters have drawn up a feasibility study for what will be a controversial renaming of the ground.

A German source said: adidas feel they are in prime position to win the naming rights as they have a long and proven relationship with Newcastle. But they are aware that there is hostility to changing the name and know they will have to tread carefully.

i'd hope at 20mill it's a fixed term deal, not a life time thing.

Sportswear giants adidas lead the chase to win the renaming rights at Newcastle’s famous St James’ Park.

The German firm, already the Magpies’ kit suppliers, want to rebrand the 52,000-seat stadium as the adidas Arena.

It is understood that with Newcastle’s kit deal up for renewal next summer, adidas are in prime position to negotiate a double deal that could earn the club up to £20million.

Bosses at adidas’s German headquarters have drawn up a feasibility study for what will be a controversial renaming of the ground.

A German source said: “adidas feel they are in prime position to win the naming rights as they have a long and proven relationship with Newcastle. But they are aware that there is hostility to changing the name and know they will have to tread carefully.”

i'd hope at 20mill it's a fixed term deal, not a life time thing.

fixed term is how these things work

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=ashley-s-name-gain%26method=full%26objectid=21788982%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Absolute comedy gold from start to finish, Oliver has really lost it this time, what a joke

"He accepts that the Newcastle fans are never going to love him, not until he gets the club back into the Premier League."

I'm honestly speechless  :facepalm:

I agree with Mick. We need Ashley out long before any return to the premier league.

The idea of us out-doing Derby's low points total sends a shiver down my spine. Last season would pale into insignificance against a season like that.

"Yes, Mike has made mistakes, none more so than the appointment of Dennis Wise as director of football, but what has not been a mistake is the way the club is now reaping the rewards of unearthing young talent"

Oh you mean 1 decent prospect out of how many Mike? Really reaping it in, CUNT!

I agree with Mick. We need Ashley out long before any return to the premier league.

The idea of us out-doing Derby's low points total sends a shiver down my spine. Last season would pale into insignificance against a season like that.

he'll never be able to sell while we're in the championship, the only chance of getting rid of him is promotion

"Yes, Mike has made mistakes, none more so than the appointment of Dennis Wise as director of football, but what has not been a mistake is the way the club is now reaping the rewards of unearthing young talent"

Oh you mean 1 decent prospect out of how many Mike? Really reaping it in, c***!

Like the way they imply Carroll is one of the youngsters who they have unearthed.

This is my favourite bit:

'"Yes, Mike has made mistakes, none more so than the appointment of Dennis Wise as director of football, but what has not been a mistake is the way the club is now reaping the rewards of unearthing young talent.

"Mike is absolutely delighted at the way the likes of Ranger and Andy Carroll have come through."

So in other words he was right all along in appointing little Dennis because look at CARROLL (wtf) and Ranger coming through. I hear Liar LLambias here. Clueless twat.

Oh and he won't sell of any YOUNG talent so it's all the rest for sale then?

This is my favourite bit:

'"Yes, Mike has made mistakes, none more so than the appointment of Dennis Wise as director of football, but what has not been a mistake is the way the club is now reaping the rewards of unearthing young talent.

"Mike is absolutely delighted at the way the likes of Ranger and Andy Carroll have come through."

So in other words he was right all along in appointing little Dennis because look at CARROLL (wtf) and Ranger coming through. I hear Liar LLambias here. Clueless t***.

Oh and he won't sell of any YOUNG talent so it's all the rest for sale then?

Christ almighty. I'm fairly sure that Carroll was on our books well before Ashley darkened our club with his presence. As for Ranger- fair enough, good find. But apart from him we're yet to reap any sort of rewards for our so-called scouting 'network'.

That article is beyond belief...

Carroll has been on our books since 2006 at the very latest.

EDIT: Wiki agrees

So whos going to break the news to Llambias and Ashley?

Or the wonderful Alan Oliver who wrote the article - he must think he's back in the good books.

We can make it clear that any company buying naming rights would be in for some very bad publicity.

If the last year or so has shown anything it's shown that for the most part Newcastle supporters are either unwilling or too apathetic to do anything to effectively express their anger at how the club is being run. Sure, there'll be people who ring in irately to phone ins, write angry letters to papers, or stand outside the ground and complain to any TV cameras present, but that's as far as it goes. Very little has been done which would actually affect Ashley in a tangible way and make him think twice about what he does or how he runs the club (don't fool yourself that the limited Keegan protests made Ashley decide to sell the club, with hindsight it's obvious that there was plenty of truth in the numerous rumours that he'd been trying to flog it from the minute Keegan was appointed).

The fact that Sports Direct shops are still healthily trading in the centre of a city where the majority of the population are supposed to be mad supporters of the club shows that saving a couple of quid on a pair of trackie bottoms is more important to most than making a stand against the destruction of the club. If anything the people or groups who have actually tried to do something or organise things to try and get Ashley to even acknowledge the supporter's views have come in for more criticism and even blame from a lot of people than the owner and his cronies themselves - don't rock the boat sailing into the iceberg, or it's your fault if it sinks.

Welcome to <your name here>FC. Shit all over us and we'll keep on giving you our cash.

Spot on. It makes my skin crawl when I see wankers in his shops in Newcastle.

We can make it clear that any company buying naming rights would be in for some very bad publicity.

If the last year or so has shown anything it's shown that for the most part Newcastle supporters are either unwilling or too apathetic to do anything to effectively express their anger at how the club is being run. Sure, there'll be people who ring in irately to phone ins, write angry letters to papers, or stand outside the ground and complain to any TV cameras present, but that's as far as it goes. Very little has been done which would actually affect Ashley in a tangible way and make him think twice about what he does or how he runs the club (don't fool yourself that the limited Keegan protests made Ashley decide to sell the club, with hindsight it's obvious that there was plenty of truth in the numerous rumours that he'd been trying to flog it from the minute Keegan was appointed).

The fact that Sports Direct shops are still healthily trading in the centre of a city where the majority of the population are supposed to be mad supporters of the club shows that saving a couple of quid on a pair of trackie bottoms is more important to most than making a stand against the destruction of the club. If anything the people or groups who have actually tried to do something or organise things to try and get Ashley to even acknowledge the supporter's views have come in for more criticism and even blame from a lot of people than the owner and his cronies themselves - don't rock the boat sailing into the iceberg, or it's your fault if it sinks.

Welcome to <your name here>FC. Shit all over us and we'll keep on giving you our cash.

I wonder if trade in the Sunderland stores are up or down

Exactly. Makes my skin crawl seeing the huge Sports Direct signs kicking about in town.

Welcome to <your name here>FC. s*** all over us and we'll keep on giving you our cash.

Exactly. Makes my skin crawl seeing the huge Sports Direct signs kicking about in town.

Paint em white and spray pricks direct on them

• 1 month later...
Guest dazzanufc1892

We may need a title change within the next few weeks if all goes well in next weeks negotiations  :celb:

Saudi oil investors, one man : no consortium, meeting takes place this week, all done behind closed doors.

We may need a title change within the next few weeks if all goes well in next weeks negotiations  :celb:

Saudi oil investors, one man : no consortium, meeting takes place this week, all done behind closed doors.

what?