Ashley to keep club, put £20m in and consider stadium naming rights

Ashley17

Aye but someone who wont basically agree with Ashley will be forced out.

Well yeah you're right there, which is why I believe Shearer didn't get the job. After the Villa defeat he came out and said the club needs massive changes. He would have insisted on funding and rightly so, but ultimately Hughton landed the job and 0 funds were put forward. It's no coincidence.

The only way out of this mess is the end of Ashley's reign, and anything that suggests he's sticking around longer and signing contracts with people that new owners won't want is most definitely not good news.

He is probably planning to do a "Shepherd" getting the money for the sponsorship and naming rights up front and use it to pay back the loan to himself so that the new owners will have not have that  money for x years.

Just come off the phone to someone who has little interest in football and had just heard the news. She said "He's doing it on purpose isn't he"

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Just come off the phone to someone who has little interest in football and had just heard the news. She said "He's doing it on purpose isn't he"

Makes you think...I mean surely if he was to keep the club he would try and get Newcastle promoted and then sell up in the summer. But he appoints Hughton as our new permanent manager on a TWO YEAR contract that would take him until the end of the 2010/11 season. I can't see why the fat bloke would want to keep us for any longer than he needs too, if we get promoted, he can get a bigger sum of money and go, why would he want to remain associated with the club he is absolutely hated by its fan base? I mean this is just begging for violence, I wouldn't be surprised if something gets thrown at him or attacked at the next home game.

Guest ToonBart

Before Apathy sets in, lets do something....

Here is the email address of the editor of the evening chronicle.

[email protected]

This is something we can all very simply do. Drop him a line asking why they are not taking a firmer stance against Ashley. Ask them to start a Save St James Campaign.

Might do no good but might help.

I would also suggest the same for the leader of Newcastle Council

[email protected]

I'm not one to ever advocate violence and I'm not going to start now, it's just not my outlook on life. Having said that I am amazed that so far the fat man has escaped without anyone sticking one on him. Is his security that good?

Don't you wish you could go back to two years ago, when he was standing in amongst the fans, and obviously knowing how it would all turn out, deal with him  there and then.

Guest Brazilianbob

Makes you think...I mean surely if he was to keep the club he would try and get Newcastle promoted and then sell up in the summer. But he appoints Hughton as our new permanent manager on a TWO YEAR contract that would take him until the end of the 2010/11 season. I can't see why the fat bloke would want to keep us for any longer than he needs too, if we get promoted, he can get a bigger sum of money and go, why would he want to remain associated with the club he is absolutely hated by its fan base? I mean this is just begging for violence, I wouldn't be surprised if something gets thrown at him or attacked at the next home game.

Yeh that will be just what we need, Ashley will simply take his bat and ball home if that happens and refuse to put the £20m into the club.  I sometimes wonder whether we the fans are the architect of our own demise rather than Ashley.  He is simply reacting to the hatred directed at him and I can't really blame him for that, because most of us would react in the same manner in similar circumstances.  Perhaps the club (Ashley etc) and fans all need to see a "marriage" guidance counsellor!!!!  That seems to be the only way out of this self destructive circle we seem to be caught up in.

Whatever happened to the 'more than two bids of 100m'?

''The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United".

Yeh that will be just what we need, Ashley will simply take his bat and ball home if that happens and refuse to put the £20m into the club.  I sometimes wonder whether we the fans are the architect of our own demise rather than Ashley.  He is simply reacting to the hatred directed at him and I can't really blame him for that, because most of us would react in the same manner in similar circumstances.  Perhaps the club (Ashley etc) and fans all need to see a "marriage" guidance counsellor!!!!  That seems to be the only way out of this self destructive circle we seem to be caught up in.

The only person who is owed money is Ashley himself. If he decides to not put £20m into the club then it makes very little difference. Ashley has created the demise himself and for you to suggest otherwise is a joke in itself. To bring 44k fans to the championship only shows how damn bloody good the fans of Newcastle United are. He is an incompetent fool.

Whatever happened to the 'more than two bids of 100m'?

Lies for PR purposes?

Of course, I hope people aren't being fooled by this latest round of bullshit

Guest Roger Kint

The only person who is owed money is Ashley himself

I dare say Barclays bank would strongly disagree......

Now he is not selling he will more than likely clear the overdraft out again

And?

The club have admitted to lying to fans and the press in the past. And none of us were at all surprised.

Suddenly he mentions 20M quid and people are talking about him actually signing players.

I'll believe it when I see it. All this money he has talked about in the past, how much of it has filtered through into actual player deals? That weren't funded by player sales? As far as I can see we've made a profit in most of his transfer windows, he has spent almost nothing net on players and that is one of the main reasons we are now in the Championship. So forgive me for not giving a shit when Ashley talks about putting money into the club - because since he arrived the first team has got weaker and weaker.

Guest Roger Kint

The club have admitted to lying to fans and the press in the past. And none of us were at all surprised.

Suddenly he mentions 20M quid and people are talking about him actually signing players.

I'll believe it when I see it. All this money he has talked about in the past, how much of it has filtered through into actual player deals? That weren't funded by player sales? As far as I can see we've made a profit in most of his transfer windows, he has spent almost nothing net on players and that is one of the main reasons we ended up in the Championship.

Ashley didnt say anything about transfers though, he has put £20m in every other year and didnt go towards players then either, its one of the few truths he has done since he commenced fucking up the club tbh.

I'll believe it when I see it. All this money he has talked about in the past, how much of it has filtered through into actual player deals? That weren't funded by player sales? As far as I can see we've made a profit in most of his transfer windows, he has spent almost nothing net on players and that is one of the main reasons we ended up in the Championship.

Ashley didnt say anything about transfers though, he has put £20m in every other year and didnt go towards players then either, its one of the few truths he has done since he commenced fucking up the club tbh.

Source?

Guest Roger Kint

Ashley didnt say anything about transfers though, he has put £20m in every other year and didnt go towards players then either, its one of the few truths he has done since he commenced f***ing up the club tbh.

Source?

You saying the ONLY money he has put in is £132m to buy it?

:facepalm: