Ashley to keep club, put £20m in and consider stadium naming rights

Ashley17

The 20m has to at least be enough for us to keep our players.

I was hoping that the club would be sold by January, and that our new owners would be starting to look ahead for a future in the premiership. Now, that's all gone and all I can see if we do get promoted is a horrible, horrible season in the Premiership.

Surely this situation is now getting to the point where some sort of action should be expected by local and regional politicians? This arse is fucking around with an iconic part of the region's heritage and economic wellbeing. Time for the MPs and Councillors to step up to the plate, tbh.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/5988902/Newcastle-situation-is-breaking-Tyneside-Labour-MP-Nick-Browns-heart.html

Your having a fuckin laugh, what serious wedge do you suppose Ashley will put back into the club, have you been a kip for the past couple year..

Forgive and forget then ehh..

The only thing we can't accuse him of is not putting serious wedge in, he's put s*** loads in.

Not good news, but not unexpected. At least it brings a sort of end to the farce that has existed at the club since the day we were relegated. Near enough of six months being 'for sale' no players coming in, players leaving and also not having a permanent manager for well over a year. I'd like to think that the future is bright under Ashley, but it most certainly is not. The club will be up for sale again next summer (whether we get promoted or not) and the farce will begin again. Even if we are sold, it'll be yet another transfer window passing and wasted. Can you imagine this squad trying to exist in the PL if we do get promoted? Doesn't even bear thinking about.

As for the re-branding of St James Park - says everything you need to know about Ashley and his intentions. He's intent on milking the cow until there's nout left.

have to say, the naming rights doesnt bother me at all.

we will all call it sjp, who cares what chris kamara or geoff stelling refer to it as in their reports?

Its the fact that this cunt has NO intention whatsoever to make our club progress. All his is after is MONEY. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY. NOTHING else.

He will strip us naked of our history, players, future and leave us in the gutter to rot while he legs it with as much MONEY as possible. Its all about MONEY. That's the most sickening part....and the fact that whenever we hear our 'new' stadium 'name' we will be reminded of this sick son of a bitch.

I'd like to think so.

If it's not to buy players with, what do you think it could be for other than to stave off any further sales?

I think his best chance now is to get us promoted, and there's a chance he could do that by retaining what we have already.  I can't see any value to him in us kicking around in this division though.

If we get promoted he'll just up his selling price when he next puts us on the market, the for sale signs will always be just a few months away with him.

I'm in an optermistic mood. I'd very much like to think we'll keep our current squad and add one lower-level pemiership player in January. If we can keep the likes of Harper, Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Smith, Nolan and Shola fit for the vast majority of the season I can only see us going up tbh. Then we'll hopefully get sold and get a better manager in.

What's this £20m for then?

It can't be for transfers so he's basically admitting that he was starving the club.

If it saves us selling anyone else in January it will be a start tbh.

Do you believe that will be the case?

So why not accept the £60m up front from Moat with £20m to be paid next year.  He would rather "invest" a further £20m than take £20m less!!  As always it does not make sense and just implies that he was never serious about selling the club.

Oh and if he is going to do his "best" to achieve success for Newcastle, he would not be appointing Hughton as manager.

The thing about the naming thing is that it's completely irreversible.  Even if we ever get rid of Ashley, no club nowadays goes from sponsored ground name to "traditional" name, this is Ashley's permanent legacy.

Where the f*** are our hooligans?  Come on you c***s, it's all very well smashing pub windas and throwing coins, where are you when we actually need some headcases to torch a car or bottle a fatso?

Nothing seems to work. Violence might be the only way forward. Can't believe he hasnt been attacked yet.

I'd like to think so.

If it's not to buy players with, what do you think it could be for other than to stave off any further sales?

I think his best chance now is to get us promoted, and there's a chance he could do that by retaining what we have already.  I can't see any value to him in us kicking around in this division though.

If we get promoted he'll just up his selling price when he next puts us on the market, the for sale signs will always be just a few months away with him.

If we get promoted & he manages to sell it, I'll be more than happy.

Getting back into the Premier League makes it more attractive to any potential buyer, which can only be good news.

I'm in an optermistic mood. I'd very much like to think we'll keep our current squad and add one lower-level pemiership player in January. If we can keep the likes of Harper, Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique, Smith, Nolan and Shola fit for the vast majority of the season I can only see us going up tbh. Then we'll hopefully get sold and get a better manager in.

At least Ashley's spiel is working for some people

The thing about the naming thing is that it's completely irreversible.  Even if we ever get rid of Ashley, no club nowadays goes from sponsored ground name to "traditional" name, this is Ashley's permanent legacy.

Where the f*** are our hooligans?  Come on you c***s, it's all very well smashing pub windas and throwing coins, where are you when we actually need some headcases to torch a car or bottle a fatso?

Nothing seems to work. Violence might be the only way forward. Can't believe he hasnt been attacked yet.

I would full on deck the cunt if I saw him in the street. Sweet wouldn't even begin to describe it...

So why not accept the £60m up front from Moat with £20m to be paid next year.  He would rather "invest" a further £20m than take £20m less!!  As always it does not make sense and just implies that he was never serious about selling the club.

Oh and if he is going to do his "best" to achieve success for Newcastle, he would not be appointing Hughton as manager.

That's a very good point.

Words cannot explain how much I hate that man.

a fucking tripple whammy.

Stadium renaming.

Hughton signed for 18 months

club "off the market"

FUCK OFF.  :facepalm:

What does he even mean by taking up off this none existent fucking market. Does this mean he's going to have a 3rd shot at trying to run the club because if he is appointing Hughton is the wrong fucking way of going about it.

I really do dread to think what the future holds for this once great club.

the naming rights, coupled with the new kit deal and sponsorship deal, should put some serious cash into the club.

where it gets spent is another matter obviously.

I would rather keep our history and dignity thanks.

If we get promoted & he manages to sell it, I'll be more than happy.

Getting back into the Premier League makes it more attractive to any potential buyer, which can only be good news.

I'd rather have seen somebody in now who was planning for the future of the club rather than looking to find a buyer.  If we sell in the summer then we'd need to spend a lot of money to avoid dropping back out of the division. 

At least Ashley's spiel is working for some people

Don't give me that f***ing s*** you clueless joker. I spent half the summer of 2008 arguing with folk on here because I was apparently being too harsh on our ownership. I despise him and what he's done to nufc but our situation right now is an awful lot better than it was 3 months ago.

the naming rights, coupled with the new kit deal and sponsorship deal, should put some serious cash into the club.

where it gets spent is another matter obviously.

I would rather keep our history and dignity thanks.

dignity? we lost it fucking years ago.

and history? why does the history change over a temporary stadium name change?

arsenal have seemed to do ok, and they arn't at highbury anymore.

it means nowt what pundits and the media call it, we know it as sjp, and always will, thats all that matters to me.