Sheffield United 0-1 Newcastle United - 02/11/09 - post match reaction from p22

Nate

Guest firetotheworks

Harper - 9: Some top drawer saves

Simpson - 5: Thought he was pretty shite

Colo - 7: Mostly solid

Kadar - 8: I was really impressed, played it simple when it needed to be, and played some lovely passes through the midfield

Enrique - 9: Fucking awesome, simply too good for this league.

Jonas - 6 meh

Butt - 5: Mainly shite

Smith - 6: Pretty quiet which was surprising, but did alright

Taylor - 6: Not too shabby

Nolan - 8: Generally very neat, tidy and very aware of space

Carroll - 8: As above really, only really missing a goal, played well

Ranger- 7: Put himself about, well played.

Harewood - 5: Normally I wouldnt downgrade someone given that amount of time, but even in that time there was plenty of evidence to show that he's fucking terrible

Hughton - 6.5: Played with fire by holding on to the lead, but he made some decent changes imo.

Well, I guess that kind of away win against a very physical side is the sort that gets you promoted.

Ranger did very well. Got involved right away. Hughton has to be braver and start him.

Harewood's a disgrace. If you come on for the last 10 minutes, you should be running around full pelt, giving your all and closing the opposition down. He didn't look bothered.

Tamas Kadar had a pretty decent match today.

Indeed and showed a lovely bit of skill in the second half there, couldnt believe it was him. His face looked like a startled Deer at the start of the match but he came on well.

Guest Chris P

Very hard place to go and win, their home record is superb. That is a big victory tonight for us as we have a nice 3 homes in our next 4.

Very pleased but I dont think they will be up in the play-off places come the end of the season. Still masses of room for improvement up front, the defence were pretty solid again.

Hughton, wtf with the last substitution?

leave that one for the prem

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1766/tigerg.gif

Could you overuse that gif anymore? That's right, you couldn't

It's my victory gif.

Go lie-down on the bypass.

The only bypass you will need is a triple heart bypass after I crush your entire family

I'm supremely confident that each member of my family would absolutely hammer you in a one on one fight.

Guest palnese

Harper - 9: Some top drawer saves

Simpson - 5: Thought he was pretty shite

Colo - 7: Mostly solid

Kadar - 8: I was really impressed, played it simple when it needed to be, and played some lovely passes through the midfield

Enrique - 9: Fucking awesome, simply too good for this league.

Jonas - 6 meh

Butt - 5: Mainly shite

Smith - 6: Pretty quiet which was surprising, but did alright

Taylor - 6: Not too shabby

Nolan - 8: Generally very neat, tidy and very aware of space

Carroll - 8: As above really, only really missing a goal, played well

Ranger- 7: Put himself about, well played.

Harewood - 5: Normally I wouldnt downgrade someone given that amount of time, but even in that time there was plenty of evidence to show that he's fucking terrible

Hughton - 6.5: Played with fire by holding on to the lead, but he made some decent changes imo.

I agree 100 %

Game got way better in the second half. Probably a cracking watch for you lot, gotta love edge-of-the-seat wins.

You should just take us on as your second team, sir. It would be an interesting juxtaposition for you.

I'll give it a go and watch more games if they put them in the telly here. Can't make promises but surely beats the New York Red Bulls.

Carroll is continuously frustrating. Sometimes falls over himself when the ball is passed to, other times rises majestically above three defenders to power a header from the acutest of angles against the far post; juggles the ball in the middle of the pitch, turns, loses one, two, three defenders and when all that's needed is a simple throughball to Ranger making a run, he passes it behind him, and other times misplaces the most simple passes.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

It's my victory gif.

The only bypass you will need is a triple heart bypass after I crush your entire family

I'm supremely confident that each member of my family would absolutely hammer you in a one on one fight.

That's why I'd fight them all at once. Like Chris Hughton, I'm a tactical genius.

Kadar did well, after the first 10 minutes he stuck the basics and looked assured, fair play to him.

He's yet to win everybody over but having Coloccini is fantastic in that 1 goal for us will likely win it. We didn't help ourself by camping in our own half most of the time.

It's my victory gif.

That's why I'd fight them all at once. Like Chris Hughton, I'm a tactical genius.

It's my victory gif.

Being an 'internet' hard cunt, I know AS9, that your response is A1 (not the motorway), just 100% funny. 'Crush your entire family'.  I love that.  Completely OTT but fucking funny :lol:

Phew. Chuffed with that. Had it on the radio at work and couldn't listen to it once i heard there were five more minutes (wtf, btw?) - nerveracking stuff. My lift, of course, had it on in the radio in the car on the ride home which was Sod's law, and i about had a cardiac arrest when i thought they'd scored in the last minute. Sounds like Harper was immense. Jose too.