Fabrice Pancrate goes back to France

BeloEmre

G Caldwell? You've got to be kidding with that one.

Can't think of many other products of our youth team that have won 2 Premier League titles and played in the Champions league......and we keep Andy O'Brian & Nikos Dabizas?!

When exactly did Gary Caldwell win the Premiership?

edit: You're right though, we should have given him a chance while he was here.

Can't think of many other products of our youth team that have won 2 Premier League titles and played in the Champions league......and we keep Andy O'Brian & Nikos Dabizas?!

When exactly did Gary Caldwell win the Premiership?

edit: You're right though, we should have given him a chance while he was here.

Guess he means the Scottish Premier League

Dabizas captained Greece, who won the european championships - if we're playing that game.

O'brien played in the World Cup and is twice the defender Gary Caldwell is, who'd get murdered in the premier league.

The same Andy O'Brien and Dabizas that was at the hear of our defence in he Champions league and when we finished 3rd and 4th? I often hear the likes of O'Brien and Dabizas being called shite etc but for me they wernt shite, The pair of them along with Hughes might not have set the world alight but they were certainly better than alot of the dross we've had at the back.

The same Andy O'Brien and Dabizas that was at the hear of our defence in he Champions league and when we finished 3rd and 4th? I often hear the likes of O'Brien and Dabizas being called s**** etc but for me they wernt s****, The pair of them along with Hughes might not have set the world alight but they were certainly better than alot of the dross we've had at the back.

O'Brien was appauling...a passenger for his whole NUFC career. I only know he played because it says so on wikipedia

Dabizas wasn't at the heart of our defence when we finished 3rd tbh. It was Bramble, Obi and Woodgate in a revolving pattern.

The same Andy O'Brien and Dabizas that was at the hear of our defence in he Champions league and when we finished 3rd and 4th? I often hear the likes of O'Brien and Dabizas being called s**** etc but for me they wernt s****, The pair of them along with Hughes might not have set the world alight but they were certainly better than alot of the dross we've had at the back.

O'Brien was appauling...a passenger for his whole NUFC career. I only know he played because it says so on wikipedia

Cant agree with that like. He was solid with Woodgate during our peak at Robsons era. He did turn shite tbf when Souness took charge but to say he was a passenger for his whole career is a little harsh.

As for Dabizas, he'll alway remain special for that winner against the mackems!  :smitten:

Dabizas wasn't at the heart of our defence when we finished 3rd tbh. It was Bramble, Obi and Woodgate in a revolving pattern.

I didn't think we ever finished in the top 4 whilst Woodgate was here? He signed in January 2003 and that year we finished 5th.

I didn't think we ever finished in the top 4 whilst Woodgate was here? He signed in January 2003 and that year we finished 5th.

Signed in January 03 and we finished 3rd. First full season (2003/04) we finished 5th. Then he left.

There's bound to be some who have won Championship titles and that's at or above the quality of the "Premier League" title you're referring too :)  Also both O'Brien and Dabizas played in the Champions League.

Official site:

FRENCH trialist Frabrice Pancrate will feature for Newcastle United Reserves when they entertain Hartlepool United at St.James' Park on Tuesday night.

The forward has spent the past week on Tyneside and will get a chance to impress at Gallowgate when Alan Thompson's second-string take on their North East counterparts.

The 29-year-old has previously figured for hometown club Paris Saint-Germain as well as turning out for French duo Le Mans and Sochaux and has spent time on loan at Real Betis in Spain's La Liga.

Pancrate is joined in the United squad by Peter Lovenkrands with the Danish forward set to get some match minutes under his belt.

Oh dear, quotes from Kevin Blackwell after Pancrates trial there:

"His agent wanted 75,000 for him to sign on loan until Christmas.......despite the fact he's out of contract!"

Oh dear, quotes from Kevin Blackwell after Pancrates trial there:

"His agent wanted 75,000 for him to sign on loan until Christmas.......despite the fact he's out of contract!"

All the signs point to another Marlon Harewood. Big time Charlie who hasn't quite made it, but still wants to be paid as if he has. Doubt this will come to anything unless he's genuine about want ing to be here and will accept Championship wages.

There's bound to be some who have won Championship titles and that's at or above the quality of the "Premier League" title you're referring too :)  Also both O'Brien and Dabizas played in the Champions League.

I know...but we'd I'd been talking about our youth system and us being appauling at judging players futures

Yes but Gary Caldwell was judged correctly, not good enough for the premiership.

I agree with the second half, I don't however see the sense in buying O'Brien and Dabizas. Caldwell would have perfemed as well I'd reckon and he'd be cheaper and was younger.

I just think our transfer policy has contributed a lot to where we are....It annoys me.

Dabizas was bought when G Caldwell was 15 years old, what on earth are you talking about?

O'Brien was brought in when Caldwell was 18 on the back of some good performances for Bradford in the premiership. Neither were sterling but Dabizas in particular was a competent premiership defender in his day.

Guest icemanblue

In the reserves tonight.

I think that was posted a couple of pages back. Understandably missed due to the, absolutely thrilling, ongoing discussion of every central defence partnership we've ever had.