Newcastle v Swansea, 15:00 Saturday, 28 November 2009 Pre game thread

Astroblack

Nolan can't function as a CM in a 442 in a decent standard game, he doesn't have the legs. On the other hand, he only seems to score when we have 2 up top, which makes me think that the diamond is probably our best bet at the moment.

does anyone know what the cheapest adult tickets for this one are? I cant seem to find a price breakdown of the various areas of the ground anywhere on the club site.

Did you try the box office? Its all there

http://www.nufc.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/Basket/Basket.aspx

yeah, though that's not what i was looking for. found it elsewhre on the site though tickets for this one seem to be more expensive than for some other games this season. dunno why, swansea are hardly the biggest draw in the league.

Guest Roger Kint

Fellas - can I get a ticket for tomorrow from one of the club shops in town? Have tried to get into town this morning, and couldn't get parked. Heading in with our lass and the bairn later on (about 4pm) Might try and sort myself a ticket if I can.

Ring now and arrange to collect it? Should be your best option mate

Guest Roger Kint

Might just pay in the gate, as long as it's the Singer Corner I can get back up to!

I would rather pay now tbh, the queues are a nightmare some games, if you can buy now and collect later today/earlier tomorrow why spoil your pre match standing outside?

Guest The_Scoreboard

As big geordie said, ring the office now and pick up from ticket collection. a 5 minute queue or 40 minutes and miss the beginning of the game. I reckon it should be a pretty good attendance again, maybe 45000+ :coolsmiley:

He's our most important player at the moment as he's winning us games but Nolan is a big reason we're so s***. Our central midfield is appauling; no pace, no movement, very little by the way of decent passing and certainly no dribbling. It was the worst midfield in the league when we got relegated last season and would be again if we went up now. A central midfield as static as ours wouldn't last a second in the premierleague.

Nolan doesn't need to be mega creative as he sticks it in the back of the net instead! He's indispensable at the moment.

However i get your point, see how things go and if we can snap up a quality creative midfielder between now and next season i agree we definately should. But lets get promoted first.

Gutherie should start.

Completely agree, that's why i was delighted to see Guthrie was going to start in centre midfield against PNE. However, the problem will only really be sorted out by new players if/when we get promoted.

Nolan doesn't need to be mega creative as he sticks it in the back of the net instead! He's indispensable at the moment as that lovely knack of scoring goals! This was the difference against PNE. It was the only shot of any quality, something many of our players lack i.e. Harewood, Jonas, Carroll, Smith ect

However i get your point, see how things go and if we can snap up a quality creative midfielder between now and next season i agree we definately should. But lets make sure we get promoted first.

Gutherie should 100% start imo. My point was Harewood is the weakest link so we need a quality striker first and foremost. As we seem to be lacking quality final ball's and shooting (in particular) in the final third.

Its great, my phone hasn't stopped today, coach loads of Swansea fans heading up your way, telling me what a Judas I am. Ha ha. So what come on the Toon! I think this will be tough, Swansea are in top form at the moment and have bags of energy, I feel that we will have to be at our best to get a win tomorrow against them. I fancy a 1-1 draw.

Oh. I'll have to remember to take down my Newcastle baby on board window hanger on my car, wouldn't want anyone being spiteful now would I? :)

This has the makings of a great match.

Must say I'm looking forward to seeing Swansea they sound like a very decent side and I suppose any team who win at West Brom must be.

I hope the extra bit of "nouse" we have in our team will be enough to get a narrow win.

Guest SupermacTheLegend

Tomorrow should be amazing. Going for a 3-1 win i think. I'm nearly dieng of a very bed head cold and i can't feel my hands but it still should be good,  :doh: