What would you change in football?

Ashley17

Video review is easy when play has stopped (i.e if a goal has been scored), but what if it's the reverse situation where a goal is NOT given and play continues.  Then how do you review the goal.

If play continues (while the 4th official turns on SkySports) and something happens in the game, what do you do if the missed goal is really a goal. 

Suppose, ball is hooked off the line by the defender and Ref says play on. (4th official starts reviewing video) meanwhile play goes end to end and the other team scores. During celebration Ref hears from 4th official that the other play was really a goal. Therefore play should have stopped and anything that happened afterwards should be disregarded. You'd have a riot if a team thought they had saved a goal and then scored themselves only to have their goal taken away and the other goal awarded.

Another issue - Even if goals like Henri's were reviewed.....how long before a goal should you consider the play reviewable.  Henri's handball was 2-3 seconds before the goal....what if it was 5 sec or 10 or 30sec. At what point does the Statute of Limitations run out.

In game Video replay is perfect for NFL due to it's stop/start nature, or even MLS Baseball. I don't think it's workable in a game that does not have regular breaks in play when a review can be performed without impacting the game that is in progress.

UEFA wide salary caps, max. squad sizes & domestic player quotas

Reintroduction of the old straight knockout format in Europe, bring back the CWC, drop the stupid Champions League & Europa League names

Video replays for goals & pens judged by the 4th official who would let the ref know within seconds via an earpiece whether the decision was correct

Scrap the away goals after extra time in League Cup semis. In fact, no, fuck having two legs. One off game at a neutral ground.

Stop having FA Cup semis at Wembley.

2) I'd also introduce a maximum of so many foreigners in each starting 11, though I think thats impossible due to some law or other.

You'd like to see the quality of football in England decrease just to suit your xenophobia?

No, but the influx of foreigners is a bit worrying. La Liga is still to a very good standard yet every team has a lot of Spanish players, same goes for Serie A. It annoys me when teams field a first 11 full of non english players in the English premier league, although that dosent happen to often with the rate of increasing foreign players in the PL it will only get more common. I think it would make the league a bit less money dominated too.

I know it would be almost impossible due to the football calendar, but I would love it if the FA scrapped the Preliminary Rounds and just threw everybody in the draw from the beginning. Imagine Manchester United v Jarrow Roofing, Washington Nissan v Liverpool, etc?

i've said this for a while and i would do away with seedings in the world cup/champs league,euro championships etc aswell.

logistically it would be impossible for every club to start the FA cup all together but there is no reason why all 4 divisions and the conference couldn't all start in round 1.

One more thing I'd change, in both the FA & League Cups I'd give home advantage to the team placed lower in the league at the time of the draw, so no more cushy home ties for Man Utd vs Hartlepool.  I'm pretty sure they use this system in Italy in the early stages of their cup competitions, or they used to, no matter who is drawn out of the bag first, Serie A teams always play away against lower league opposition.

One more thing I'd change, in both the FA & League Cups I'd give home advantage to the team placed lower in the league at the time of the draw, so no more cushy home ties for Man Utd vs Hartlepool.  I'm pretty sure they use this system in Italy in the early stages of their cup competitions, or they used to, no matter who is drawn out of the bag first, Serie A teams always play away against lower league opposition.

Bigger payday for the really small clubs if they play away at a big name though.

I would introduce a panel to look at every Premier League game and retrospectively punish diving.

I would actually consider getting rid of the penalty kick completely. A foul in the box could be punishable by a card (as now), but the effect of it on the game would be reduced, as would the incentive to cheat.

I would back the referees to the hilt to enable them to enforce the dissent laws.

Was listening to talkshite last night and they said you can never be sure if there is intent there so hearings for example if they did one for Fellaini's elbows would never be very accurate.

Polygraph test the bastards if they have a disciplinary hearing.

Bit of a stupid objection from them really, you don't need to have 100% concrete proof, you just need a decision by committee.

Was listening to talkshite last night and they said you can never be sure if there is intent there so hearings for example if they did one for Fellaini's elbows would never be very accurate.

Polygraph test the bastards if they have a disciplinary hearing.

Bit of a stupid objection from them really, you don't need to have 100% concrete proof, you just need a decision by committee.

Oh yeah I know, but I can see the argument, provided Fellaini doesn't mean it then its a foul but not a sending off or suspendable offence.  Maybe they should polygraph him to find if he does it intentionally.

Guest Heneage

Sky News, what a bunch of twats. Doing a piece on Amr Kahn and once again they reference us going down. Grow up you twats. 

Sky News, what a bunch of twats. Doing a piece on Amr Kahn and once again they reference us going down. Grow up you twats. 

Well.. why does it bother you so much?

The fight is in Newcastle.  It's not the worst reference in the world when talking about the area.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

1) I'd like to see a salary cap like.

2) I'd also introduce a minimum of so many foreigners in each starting 11, though I think thats impossible due to some law or other.

3) I'd also like to see a Standing section at each stadium.

All 3 will never happen like.

I suppose it is kind of racism saying because you're not British you can't play football here.

2) I'd also introduce a minimum of so many foreigners in each starting 11, though I think thats impossible due to some law or other.

I suppose it is kind of racism saying because you're not British you can't play football here.

quotas of a similar ilk are in force in other sports.

Thats quite clearly not what I'm saying though is it. Alot of European leagues have rules where a team can only field so many non european players, is that racism? no. I'd like to see something like that made a rule in the premier league only with all foreigners not just players with non-eu citizenship.  

Bring back the old European trophy system. As in the old European Cup, UEFA Cup and the Cup Winners Cup. The UEFA Cup used to be a fantastic competition which is now an absolute farce.

tooj the whole game is a farce these days.................

(disillusioned old man).