Biggest waste of money

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's making a contribution now because he's found his level...which isn't as a £6m £50k a week footballer. I'm sure all of the players on that list would have contributed at this level.

Thus isn't a complete waste of money, I'm glad we agree. So what if Luque would have? He didn't, we got NOTHING from him. Smith we've gotten something from, even you've admitted that. How you can still say Smith is the biggest waste of money is laughable.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's tough between Owen and Luque- But I think Luque edges it

Owen did get goals for us, albeit not in 20 goal a season fashion whereas Luque did nothing notable really.

Luque and Boumsong were huge disappointments, but Owen was the most costly error. We could get rid of those two, but we were lumbered with Owen until the end of his contract. Because of his reputation, he was also difficult to drop.

If it's of some comfort to you, Luque's transfer to Newcastle set up a legal precedent that costs Spanish clubs quite a few million every year.

Magpie revenge.

That's interesting, how so?

And while I've got you, who's been Barca's biggest waste of money in your opinion?

If it's of some comfort to you, Luque's transfer to Newcastle set up a legal precedent that costs Spanish clubs quite a few million every year.

Magpie revenge.

That's interesting, how so?

And while I've got you, who's been Barca's biggest waste of money in your opinion?

When a player is transferred between Spanish clubs, the player gets 15% of the transfer money. This never applied to when players were transferred to a non-Spanish club. Luque sued Deportivo for it, and finally a Spanish judge last year determined that he was entitled to it. Now it's a precedent and other footballers (like Eto'o) transferred to non-Spanish clubs are seeking this same compensation.

I guess our biggest waste of money was Overmars, which was our record signing until Zlatan (€40m). He wasn't useless, but he didn't live up to the pricetag by a long shot, and had Owen-like fitness. Gerard López (€25m) probably had a worse return.

We also paid €20m for current Hull superstar Geovanni.

Hleb, Maxi López, Dehu, Cristanval, Alfonso... I could stay here all night really. Martín Caceres and Henrique, centreback pair we bought for €30m combined and are out on loan are shaping up like real winners too.

Barca spunked a lot of pesetas as it was back then on young Brazilians Geovanni & Rochemback it was anit-galactico signings i.e thinking yous had signed the best youngsters in the world rather than the best players. Still the pair got to play for Hull & Boro after Barca.

Barca spunked a lot of pesetas as it was back then on young Brazilians Geovanni & Rochemback it wasanit-galactico signings i.e thinking yous had signed the best youngsters in the world rather than the best players. Still the pair of got ot play for Hull & Boro after Barca.

Damn you to hell, I had finally erased Rochemback from my mind.  :angry:

Joan Gaspart nearly bankrupted the club. Worst president in our history.

Barca spunked a lot of pesetas as it was back then on young Brazilians Geovanni & Rochemback it wasanit-galactico signings i.e thinking yous had signed the best youngsters in the world rather than the best players. Still the pair of got ot play for Hull & Boro after Barca.

Damn you to hell, I had finally erased Rochemback from my mind.  :angry:

Joan Gaspart nearly bankrupted the club. Worst president in our history.

I seem to remember a player called Dani failing around the same time as Gerard & Alfonso.