Barnsley vs Newcastle United pre-match thread

Stifler

Guest Roger Kint
Not a chance. I reckon the team'll stay roughly the same with Nolan in for Butt and possibly R. Taylor or Guthrie in for Pancrate to offer a bit more defensively and cover for the more attacking CM.

Agreed

Anyone going out in Sheffield sat night after the game? Im staying there on Sat night as barnsley is meant to be a bit crap for a night out

I will be. going down to see a friend

Im at Sheff Uni mate, so no doubt will be celebrating down Embrace after...

on a related note, did anyone go out in Sheffield after the Sheff United game? that was a mental night out like...

Anyone going out in Sheffield sat night after the game? Im staying there on Sat night as barnsley is meant to be a bit crap for a night out

I will be. going down to see a friend

Im at Sheff Uni mate, so no doubt will be celebrating down Embrace after...

on a related note, did anyone go out in Sheffield after the Sheff United game? that was a mental night out like...

Yep went to Embrace, was brilliant, especially in the street outside afterwards

Just jump on the train to Sheffield instead after the Barnsley match.

I hear Sheffield is very good if you like rock music.

My little lads 1st away game. He hasn't a clue what it'll be like at all. Just hope it lives up to expectation.

7,000 of us there he'll love it. :)

I've just heard a rumour, that NUFC have asked Barnsley a third time for more ticket, this time 2,000, which would mean Barnsley would have to move some of their own supporters to allowe all of us to sit together. If we get those extra tickets, it means we will be taking 9,000.

Also we have asked Sheff Wed for another 4,000 tickets.

Just imagine the demand if we were playing attractive flowing football  :frantic:

Mmmm, it's irrelavent really, winning is what brings the crowds in, although i do understand your point.

We played some lovely attractive football under Ardiles, but conceded shedloads of stupid goals and played to low crowds.

Guest Roger Kint

Have away fans ever outnumbered the home fans in a professional match before?

Yes, pretty much every Wimbledon game i would say ;D

Guest Heneage

Have away fans ever outnumbered the home fans in a professional match before?

Aye.

Newcastle Online vs Peterboror Supporters Club.

we must've been close at huddersfield the day we got promoted in the 80's.

I was in our end behind the goal that day, loads of my mates were in the end to our left but most of my mates were in the home end opposite where I was.

I was in our end behind the goal that day, loads of my mates were in the end to our left but most of my mates were in the home end opposite where I was.

was hanging from the scoreboard for the second half.  we must have outnumbered them, we had 3 sides of the ground didnt we?

we officially had both ends behind the goals. i was in the uncovered end and to our right, a supposed home end, it was at least 50% newcastle.

we officially had both ends behind the goals. i was in the uncovered end and to our right, a supposed home end, it was at least 50% newcastle.

didnt the tickets for the opposite end, we were also in, say 'Cow Sheds' on them?