Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Lawro was simply listing all the great clubs that Owen had 'played' for and felt he needed to make that particular proviso in our case.

Bitter bastard.

if he's going to make it this obvious he can't stand us he may as well just come out and say it

Guest johnson293

Watched this last night, as I sky+'d it on sunday night.

Not making excuses for Lawrenson, but when he made the 'Newcastle... for a few bob' quip, could he have been referring to the Owen transfer fee - i.e. joined Madrid for £8m, but then we paid £16m for him?

Maybe I'm wrong, and it was just a dig at us for the money MO earned for being injured for best part of 4 years.  :undecided:

Not making excuses for Lawrenson, but when he made the 'Newcastle... for a few bob' quip, could he have been referring to the Owen transfer fee - i.e. joined Madrid for £8m, but then we paid £16m for him?

Maybe I'm wrong, and it was just a dig at us for the money MO earned for being injured for best part of 4 years.  :undecided:

I thought it was fairly obvious that's what he meant.

I thought it was fairly obvious that's what he meant.

Me too.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing what sparked it:

Finisher is #myfaveword for 2011. What's yours?

@themichaelowen thought yours would be #injured or #bench :-)

Touchy, touchy.

Oh, and his choice of word... :lol:

Hahahaha the closest he's ever got to being funny or interesting in his life is him being a petty, touchy little shite dishing out a personal insult. Ends up coming across like a wanker really though.

Funny the amount of abuse he gets on there he responds to one of the more pleasant comments by biting off the bloke's head :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"michael owen @themichaelowen

I've spent the last 6 years planning for life after football doing tv work, coaching badges, setting up a horse training business etc."

He certainly wasn't concentrating on his fucking football when he was playing for us, utter fucking cretin.