Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Getting beat up pretty unfairly on here.  For what we are able to get at this point, I think he's worth a punt - especially for the next year/year and a half.

Tonight he faced some decent opposition (and pretty mediocre by Premier League standards) and was absolutely raped out there. If we get him it doesn't bode well for next season if we go up.

I agree... WBA would be a lower level Prem type of team and he looked horrible. Loan extension til the end of the season at most.

Guest Heneage

Serve? Has he been playing Tennis?

His constant diving in was a worry. I like him and for 500k why not, but he needs major work. Another reason to get Nobby in?

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I was unimpressed with him since his very first game against Sheffield Wednesday, he offers absolutely nothing in attack and BARELY goes forward, his tracking back and defending against wingers is absolutely shocking, he just backs away from them, Raylor came on today and played a better game than he did for 84 minutes.

People have been praising him because weve hardly seen anything from him, he just goes by unnoticed, never produces anything flash but dosent fuck up due to the weakness of the opposition and others covering for him. Disaster in the prem.

Spot on.

I was unimpressed with him since his very first game against Sheffield Wednesday, he offers absolutely nothing in attack and BARELY goes forward, his tracking back and defending against wingers is absolutely shocking, he just backs away from them, Raylor came on today and played a better game than he did for 84 minutes.

People have been praising him because weve hardly seen anything from him, he just goes by unnoticed, never produces anything flash but dosent fuck up due to the weakness of the opposition and others covering for him. Disaster in the prem.

Spot on.

No wonder he was sucking up to us when we first signed him. (The comments about SMB, etc)

Simply went backwards after a promising start and on recent performances, Ryan Taylor should have moved ahead of him. If he doesn't sign permanently it's a blow purely in terms of losing a body, rather than a talent.

Getting beat up pretty unfairly on here.  For what we are able to get at this point, I think he's worth a punt - especially for the next year/year and a half.

Tonight he faced some decent opposition (and pretty mediocre by Premier League standards) and was absolutely raped out there. If we get him it doesn't bode well for next season if we go up.

We have to get up first though. For me he's good enough to play as a right back in this division. We need a right back, where are we going to find better, who is going to be willing to come here and for the price we are willing to pay in terms of both fee and wages. We have to think short term for now and short term he's fine, if we can get a bargain somewhere else, then great, but I just don't see that happening, do you ?

Simpson, who becomes a free agent in June, was after a deal that would have given him £15,000-a-week rising to £20,000 if the Magpies were promoted.

Except he won't be free at all as whoever he signs for will have to pay a fee (decided by a tribunal) to Man U due to Simpson's age and Man U developing him.

I'd sign him if the fee is £500k. He's easily worth that. If he didn't hack it in the Premiership the club would easily recover £500k in the transfer market selling him to a Championship club. If we get promoted I can't imagine Ashley splashing the cash and I can't imagine anyone buying the club off him either.

He was shocking and has not really impressed me since he came, stands 10 yards away from his man and lets him deliver freely into the box or he always lets his man run right inside the box and do what he wants. Also if you watch him he is not comfortable on the ball and tends to just launch it aimlessly up the pitch. The only reason he has not been exposed like this before is that there are not many proper wingers in this league who actually take players on.

Surely we can get a better player on loan.

If we go up and have to play him in the Premier he will struggle badly.

Very bad game.. he's not convincing at all the last several times I watched him.

Don't know what to think really.. Ryan Taylor is equally, if not worse at defending and I doubt we have better options in the transfer market might as well sign him, cause we should be able to get our money back easily. still 15k for this display? no way man..

Err...... nay, very nay.

He’s a liability. Got caught out of position so many times tonight, not strong enough and really should be buried up to his waist in the Leazes end box after Thomas turned him umpteen times in that one run. How many times did he turn his back on the ball?

I feel sorry for Simpson, on the other side of the pitch we have two players who work well together.  On the right we have Simpson and a big empty space in front of him, I felt sorry for him tonight as Guthrie went missing far too often.

Guest Heneage

I still don't get him, the reviews that were posted on here were; 'A good ATTACKING fullback, who makes up for his lack of defensive skill by going forward.' He rarely ventures past the half way line, be it home or away, at home I'd have hoped he'd really throw caution to the wind and get forward, but he doesn't have a winger in front to cover, so Mick's right.

All in all it highlights the inbalance in the side.

Shocking performance tonight. If we were to go up and play Simpson next year he'd get raped every single week. Got shown up time after time against a good left winger and his head went down bigtime.

Where's that bargepole? Send the cunt back.

They are as bad as each other Simpson and Guthrie. Guthrie is poor and so slow on the ball but given time (which does not happen often) can put in a decent ball. He is far to lightweight and slow to play centre mid, and Nolan is far to big and slow to play centre mid also. If Nolan does not play behind front man you never see him all game.

Had next to no help from Guthrie but that doesn't excuse a w*** performance especially the ridiculous backing off him and Colo were guilty of for their 2nd.

They were no worse for the second than Nolan and Shola for the first.

Guest toonlass

Had next to no help from Guthrie but that doesn't excuse a w*** performance especially the ridiculous backing off him and Colo were guilty of for their 2nd.

They were no worse for the second than Nolan and Shola for the first.

Our defence was still in the dressing room for the second.