Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Jumped ship :lol: we got relegated, he is coming to the end of his career and a team who will be challenging for Europe came in for him. I wonder why he left.

I'm not blaming Beye for leaving, like i said i have nothing against him, but signing players that left last season would just leave a sour taste in my mouth. It's not very progressive, and although he was a decent player i think it would be quite a negative move overall. What will the players that stayed and worked hard towards promotion think about someone that was part of the relegation side just walking back in as if nothing had happened. I wouldn't be very impressed.

Guest Heneage

Jumped ship :lol: we got relegated, he is coming to the end of his career and a team who will be challenging for Europe came in for him. I wonder why he left.

He left to do what benefited his career, us signing him will not be beneficial to the club, it's business.

He left at a late stage in his career for a much better club with a proper manager and with much better short term prospects. It hasnt worked out for him so far but I do not blame him one bit for leaving us. As far as I'm concerned, if he is cheap then I would sign him straight up if he was available. He's better than what we've got and better than what we will be able to get in our first season back up. Thats all that matters for me like.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johnson293

Simpson deal 'imminent'....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/13/danny-simpson-eyes-newcastle-united-deal-72703-25589912/

DANNY SIMPSON has revealed he will be glad to finally become a fully-fledged Newcastle United player, with a deal for the Manchester United defender imminent.

Chris Hughton has been keeping his cards close to his chest since the January transfer window opened for business at the start of the month.

But the Chronicle understands that United have been putting the final touches to the Simpson deal in the last couple of days....

...Simpson could be a Newcastle player in time for Monday’s game with West Brom, the day that his loan deal expires and he is due back at Old Trafford.

...allegedly.

Decent back up player, unfortunately he's likely to be first choice RB next season and I don't think he offers enough going forward in the Premier. Football starts at the back, it's not easy to play a passing game if the full backs aren't playing a prominent role.

Funny you say that, at Blackburn the concensus was that he was average defensively but good going forward.

Seen no evidence of his ability going forward here. At Blackburn anyone who can run with the ball without tripping over his own feet is probably considered a good footballer.

Guest Stephen927

Good to hear, hope we can sort it out for definite. In the Championship hes a good defender, and if we were to be promoted, we won't be able to attract many better right backs on our budget.

he's a non-entity going forward and not good enough defensively to make up for that. he does have some good attributes and might develop into a decent player over time, so it's a good move to sign him up, but we'll need better if we manage to go up.

Pity we didn't sign Gunter in the summer when he was available, he ended up going to a smaller club and one of our promotion rivals. we'll end up spending a similar amount of Simpson and he's nowhere near as good imo.