Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

oh yes, I remember that Arsenal match and him having a particularly outstanding game.

Still though, doesn't make up for the other times. Last time out vs West Brom was just embarrassing from him, really.

oh yes, I remember that Arsenal match and him having a particularly outstanding game.

Still though, doesn't make up for the other times. Last time out vs West Brom was just embarrassing from him, really.

He was terrible in that game tbf. But I personally thought that he had a decent season in PL. Sure, he has had some bad games but I'd give him another full season and see how it goes.

Back to the bedding story. Only just noticed Yorke's name in there too. Is there a single slag in the UK he hasn't banged? :lol: Fuck.

Was my first thought aswell.  :lol:

He was terrible in that game tbf. But I personally thought that he had a decent season in PL. Sure, he has had some bad games but I'd give him another full season and see how it goes.

aye, may as well. No worse than some of the full backs we've had to cope with in recent years :(

One thing he does have over Celestine Babayaro is age, and he can improve

Danny Simpson's probably the worst player in our starting XI - and yes I'm including the strikers in that.

Poor positionally, which leads to him f***ing up when we try to play offside, and I can't remember him ever stopping a cross coming into the box. Replacing him should be a priority for the Summer, imo.

I'd agree. I've never bought into the optimism about this player. I hope the contract we're offering is heavily incentivised, because I'd hope we could eventually bring in someone better.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

From the sun's Steve brenner.

Am told Alex McLeish is targeting Danny Simpson.Contract talks have stalled.Won't be many left at this rate #nufc

Dunno how people can be that desperate to see our half decent players flogged. He's nowhere near as shit as people make him out to be.

He's a very limited full-back, who will need replacing if we are looking to progress.

However, at the moment, I'm happy that we appear to be addressing the issues we had attacking wise last season.

Dunno how people can be that desperate to see our half decent players flogged. He's nowhere near as s*** as people make him out to be.

i would much rather perch shipped out before simpson.

Dunno how people can be that desperate to see our half decent players flogged. He's nowhere near as s*** as people make him out to be.

i would much rather perch shipped out before simpson.

Exactly.

I for one hope that Tweet is not football related.

The one thing that pisses me off constantly about him is the fact he backs off, and backs off, and backs off and backs off some more. While the opposition player crosses or bypasses him.

I'd say we need a new starting RB, Simpson is bench material if we're looking at top 10. He's had a brilliant game against Arsenal at their place iirc

Is it wrong of me to want a Right back who can defend? We have Perch, Simpson, Raylor. All right backs but none of them are good at defending. I just want a RB who doesn't cost us 5-10 unnecessary goals a season.

:nods:

Hope he isn't going to be sold like. I, for one, would like to see how he does next season - mainly to see if he has actually addressed his flaws, ie. the backing off issue.

He's not that bad!

I'm with Rich however if him leaving meant a better one coming in then fair enough. I know it would still mean one in, one out, but I wasn't expecting us to sign another right back so if it meant an upgrade to our starting 11 then I'd do it.

Oh aye, without question. Still would leave us with Perch/R. Taylor as immediate backup though. Sell those two instead if there's anybody daft enough to take them.

Seems a really good bloke. 

Agreed that he could be better and I'm sure an upgrade is out there but I can't see how it's anywhere near as pressing a priority as striker, CB cover and possibly LB just yet.