Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

I reckon he'll be at Birmingham in the next 12 months, be it in the Premier League or Championship.

Very plausible actually......

Though don't think Simpson will want to play in the Championship again.

With injuries and ACN round the corner, we aren't really in a position to be moving players on in January.  I feel we've been here before.  January, needing incoming players, then shipping out a player without replacing. 

If it's not a ridiculous payrise he's after, I'd consider it. Depending on how much he's on already, as I'm basing that on this idea that he supposedly isn't earning that much relative to the fact he's a starter for us. But if he's getting big-headed thoughts from his agent on what he could get elsewhere, good riddance.

Would like to think they wouldn't be big enough twats to ditch him for a couple of million in January though, would be more than worth letting him go for free and keeping that little bit more stability in the team for the second half of the season.

On a positive note, I like the fact that this is the guy who we should be 'doing better than', compared to other starting players in recent years who we've considered the weak links.

Simpson is better in his position than Obertan or Ryan Taylor.

:thup: I'm not on the side of slating him at all. Think he gets a lot more stick than he deserves. But that people have to focus on him as one of our weak links can only be a positive, as he generally will put in a solid performance, if not outstanding. He's not a fantastic player, but not one I'd be happy to see the back of.

If it's not a ridiculous payrise he's after, I'd consider it. Depending on how much he's on already, as I'm basing that on this idea that he supposedly isn't earning that much relative to the fact he's a starter for us. But if he's getting big-headed thoughts from his agent on what he could get elsewhere, good riddance.

It doesn't really matter about the actual amount he's being paid- it's more that the club want to make it clear that they are taking a hard line to contracts and if the player doesn't like it, he moves on. I'd be surprised if he was really asking for massive money as I don't see anyone paying it- but we simply won't countenance caving in to a player's demand. To do so not only means paying one player more, but also weakens the clubs standing for future negotiations.

I reckon he could well be off in January, £4-5m would be seen as a good profit for a position where we have cover elsewhere in the squad.

Simpson is thought to have agreed a four-and-a-half year deal, but there is a “discrepancy” in the personal terms over how his salary will be paid – hence the reason for the reluctance to sign the contract offered by United.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/12/14/danny-simpson-hopeful-of-staying-at-nufc-72703-29949930/?#ixzz1gW9Yu0UP

Guest palnese

“He has agreed to the terms of the contract, but it is how the salary will be paid that has caused the hesitancy."

Erm, what about on a monthly basis, like most jobs?

Simpson is thought to have agreed a four-and-a-half year deal, but there is a “discrepancy” in the personal terms over how his salary will be paid – hence the reason for the reluctance to sign the contract offered by United.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/12/14/danny-simpson-hopeful-of-staying-at-nufc-72703-29949930/?#ixzz1gW9Yu0UP

Hmmm, that is a bit picky from Simpson like. The main thing in the end is being paid which will happen so can't see what the problem is :undecided: :dontknow:

Hmmm, that is a bit picky from Simpson like. The main thing in the end is being paid which will happen so can't see what the problem is :undecided: :dontknow:

Surely that depends on exactly what the issue is, which we don't know.

Indeed.

Guest Heneage

We wanted to pay him in iTunes vouchers.

"Danny Boy 2 is not going to pay for itself."

"That's not how those vouchers work Mike."

Contract talks put on hold until the end of the season:

(I reckon he'll sign a new contract for sure in the summer FWIW).

Pardew’s ultimatum to Simpson over Newcastle future

By MILES STARFORTH

Published on Thursday 15 December 2011 12:07

DANNY Simpson has been told Newcastle United will look to sign another right-back if he doesn’t agree a new deal at St James’s Park.

Alan Pardew today confirmed contract talks with Simpson have been put on hold until the end of the season.

And if an agreement can’t be reached in the summer, Pardew will look at bringing another player in.

Pardew said: “We’ve both decided we’ll have to run to the summer, and we’ll have to look at other options if he feels he doesn’t want to stay.

“It hasn’t changed my position in terms of how I see him, it’s just business. If he doesn’t sign, we’ll look at someone else.”

Simpson is keen to commit his long-term future to the club, but wants a deal that reflects his contribution to the cause over the past couple of years.

The 24-year-old has two and a half years left on the contract he signed in January last year after moving from Manchester United.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He isn't good enough to hold much weight in a contract negotiation.

He either wants the privilege of playing for Newcastle or he can go else where!

The 'discrepancy' might be because the contract is performance related, ie a lower basic wage with add-ons for appearances, wins, clean sheets etc. Didn't someone post on here a while back that Pardew is on a performance related contract?