Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Simpsons been solid enough for me recently, is clearly improving defensively.

Hes also gradually improving his crossing & has created a few goals this season. No reason to sell.

I agree, offers f*ck all going forward but he's clearly improving defensively...... possibly in the long term shouldnt be first choice for us but iam happy with him being a squad player.

Your missing the point though. He clearly hasnt signed a new contract due to not being offered good terms, meaning hed probably not be happy with being a squad player. If we get £4m Id drive him myself there. After all £4m for a squad player is quite much (doubt we will even be offered that).

Simpsons been solid enough for me recently, is clearly improving defensively.

Hes also gradually improving his crossing & has created a few goals this season. No reason to sell.

I agree, offers f*ck all going forward but he's clearly improving defensively...... possibly in the long term shouldnt be first choice for us but iam happy with him being a squad player.

Your missing the point though. He clearly hasnt signed a new contract due to not being offered good terms, meaning hed probably not be happy with being a squad player. If we get £4m Id drive him myself there. After all £4m for a squad player is quite much (doubt we will even be offered that).

Good point, if theres no way of convincing him to stay to be a squad player ( which there probably isnt) i have no qualms selling for 4m and getting Clyne in......

We haven't enough cover, and still think as much as he irritates me, he's not that bad a full back. So I would be disappointed, though not paniced, over losing him. I don't want players to be happy on the bench so that's only natural, and wouldn't blame him if he left, but if he goes I'd prefer a dedicated left back (Santon over to right, though not too bothered if we get a right back and Santon stays on left)  and then a centre back if we get one who can play as a full back in emergencies.

True Faith Editorial has a bit about him, and on how the likes of Aaron Hughes was sold for pittance yet was a solid performer and a consummate pro and compared the two.  Never going to be world beaters, 7/10 players who could be replaced but the type of player who genuinely likes it here and is settled. 

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials.nsf/LookupUNID/EC7555CAEDAD4E9B8025797F00593203?OpenDocument

Guest Rey Mysterio

According to skysports.com Everton and Fulham are looking at Simpson.

Id sell him for £3-4m as long as we reinvested in either a new leftback or rightback.

Bite their hands off. In fact accept half of that. Then go and buy any one of the 24 right backs playing in The Championship and we improve straight away.

True Faith Editorial has a bit about him, and on how the likes of Aaron Hughes was sold for pittance yet was a solid performer and a consummate pro and compared the two.  Never going to be world beaters, 7/10 players who could be replaced but the type of player who genuinely likes it here and is settled. 

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials.nsf/LookupUNID/EC7555CAEDAD4E9B8025797F00593203?OpenDocument

Sorry but comparing Simpson to Hughes is pure ignorance if you ask me. One was a player who was average, but could play equally well all over the back four. Simpson is an average player who can only play the rightback position averagely. Hes been terrible centrally and on the left side he would look as bad as centrally if not worse.

Also if he was settled he would have signed a new contract by now.

Guest VaVaVoom

5/6 out of 10 player at most.

I'd let him go for 2mil+ if we were sure to get one of Cissokho or Pieters. Would improve our team so much if that happened but very unlikely.

Don't see why people would sell for a couple of million then expect Newcastle to splash out 6 or 7 on a foreign fullback. We aren't really go to do that are we? More realistically take the money, play Raylor there and if he gets injured, we've got Perch who can fill in.

Don't see why people would sell for a couple of million then expect Newcastle to splash out 6 or 7 on a foreign fullback. We aren't really go to do that are we? More realistically take the money, play Raylor there and if he gets injured, we've got Perch who can fill in.

I think a lot of people have suggested we go for Clyne who is neither foreign nor will he cost 6 or 7 million

Obviously if selling Simpson means we sign nobody then I doubt you will find a single person wanting us to sell Simpson

I think a lot of people have suggested we go for Clyne who is neither foreign nor will he cost 6 or 7 million

Obviously if selling Simpson means we sign nobody then I doubt you will find a single person wanting us to sell Simpson

So sell Simpson and buy Clyne...i'm guessing the theory behind that one is that he can't be any worse than Simpson?

Guest VaVaVoom

This. Until the summer.

Clyne already looks a better defender and footballer than Simpson.

This. Until the summer.

Then Raylor get's injured, Perch plays regualry, everyone moans and groans we have Perch in our side, grumbles around SJP everytime the lad gets near the ball, then everyone questions to why Simpson was sold without a top right back coming in.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Craig-NUFC

At fault for goals 2 and 3 imo. It looks good when you run on the line and stop a certain goal, but for every time he does that we must concede 3 from him leaving his man. Seem to remember there being a couple of times we were lucky and Simpson's man miskicked the ball whilst Simpson was nowhere to be seen. Lost his man for the third goal too from a simple dummy run.