Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Agree, it wasn't so long ago this thread was full of people saying how much he'd improved. He's not a great player, but he's not total s**** either.

That's how I feel about him, when we have our best 11 on the pitch he's our weakness, most of the time, he's not.

Ivanovic is quality only bettered by Sagna as far as premier league RB's go for me.....

I do prefer Johnson to Walker tho.

First off Tello isn't any good and now Glen Johnson ahead of Walker. You're not having a good day. :lol:

Never said he isnt any good just not as good as some are hyping him and yes i have been impressed with Johnson when hes played this season despite how s**** Liverpool are.

He hasnt been the defensive joke some have portrayed him in recent years and still maintained his great attacking play the Scouse c*nts have really missed him in recent weeks imo.

Can't agree with that, think he's been the same Glen Johnson defensively as every other year.

Fair nuf mate, we all have different opinions it would be a boring world if we all agreed with everything everyone said.

Aye. When we happen to lose, he is one of the first to be made into a scapegoat (see the Arsenal game). Now we're on a good run of form the general consensus is that he's a reasonable enough full-back.

Obviously, we'd need to look to replace if we want to eventually aim for top 4, but he's done a good job for us this season.

I wouldn't mind him as back up, not that I think he would accept that as like most people.  He thinks he's better than he is, I think it's called self-esteem and not something to hold against him.

Guest gasusoca

Simpson is quite simply, in terms of his opinion of himself, and the view of the majority of fans, the worst player in the history of NUFC.

Out of 10 he honestly would rate himself 9.5. I would rate him 0.5 as he remembers to put his boots on and wear shirt, shorts and socks.

Simpson is quite simply, in terms of his opinion of himself, and the view of the majority of fans, the worst player in the history of NUFC.

Out of 10 he honestly would rate himself 9.5. I would rate him 0.5 as he remembers to put his boots on and wear shirt, shorts and socks.

:pokerface:

:lol:

Here's a packet of crayons and a collection anual Beano's from the late 90s. Knock yer sell out.

From a pub in Cambridge on Sunday: "Simpson's a really good player. One of the buys of the season." Wrong in so many ways.

So upsetting when you hear stuff like this. You just have to shake your head and make pretend football conversation as it's utterly meaningless with someone who knows nothing

Guest gasusoca

and Dowie has achieved what exactly.............................and has been doing what recently !!!!!!!!!!!

Thick

With his stock seemingly much higher than his actual ability at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if we can get 4-5 mill for him in the summer. I hope the club are planning for the future, and if Simpson remains unwilling to extend his contract Carr has already identified some targets as possible replacements. It could be win-win for all parties if we play this well.

He's done well for us but I think once Santon finds his feet in the league he'll be a far better option on the right. Seems fairly likely we're lining up a new left back so if Simpson continues to play hard ball with the contract he'll be moved on and given everyone else in the league seems to think he's awesome we'll get a few quid.

Nevertheless Simpson is a good pro and doesnt cause any problems so would be a shame to lose him from the squad. What will be will be.

I don't mind him much as a tackler, that's the thing. It's just his lack of ability on the ball going forward (and even passing it out of defence) that I'm worried about.

Spot on

I don't mind him at all tbh like (in terms of him being our starting RB), there are much worse out there, but there is also much better.

If only the Twitterati and the messageboard maniacs did their research before plunging the knife into players from their bedrooms.

:lol: That award really hurt Lee like

If only no-mark journo's realised that football is played on a pitch, not by what a computer says. Also helps when they don't arse-lick just because of getting a few interviews.

The amount of times he just aimlessly boots the ball to the opposition or backs off players allowing them to either cut inside and shoot, or lay the ball off to teammates, really does overshadow his general contribution.  He's a decent player for the club, but certainly not a player we should be looking to keep in the first XI going forward.  I have no problems with him being a squad player, I think he's been a good servant in his time here and sometimes I think the abuse he gets is a bit OTT.

On the distance covered statistic, does it mention which way he was running?  Presumably backing off covered most of that distance...  :whistle:

The amount of times he just aimlessly boots the ball to the opposition

That interested me. Would that be classed as having the most 'clearances' of anyone in the PL, as window licker alludes to? As I wouldn't class that as a positive. :lol: