Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

When you're a L'pool player regardless of your stature, you've got most of their support rain or shine. Patience too. And it benefits their side no end. We could learn from them.

Not true.

In general it is true. The general theme on RAWK is always of support and at Anfield they're not on their teams back as much as us/Villa/Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs when things aren't going well. A good portion of that crowd has seen the team lift the CL multiple times too.

The only manager they haven't been patient with was Hodgson and to a lesser extent Kenny.

When you're a L'pool player regardless of your stature, you've got most of their support rain or shine. Patience too. And it benefits their side no end. We could learn from them.

Not true.

In general it is true. The general theme on RAWK is always of support and at Anfield they're not on their teams back as much as us/Villa/Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs when things aren't going well. A good portion of that crowd has seen the team lift the CL multiple times too.

The only manager they haven't been patient with was Hodgson and to a lesser extent Kenny.

Towing the admin line.

How many bad games has he had this season? How many times has he been raped time and time again by a winger? Honestly not many. He's a steady defender imo. Not a weak link defensively, although attacking wise you can ignore him tbh. He's certainly cost us less points than Santon & Colo.

While he doesn't have the top displays the other 2 have had. He's steady. Puts in 6's, 7's every game. Yet reading this thread, he's horseshit.

You can't give 6's and 7's to a guy who offers nowt going forward

It worse than that.  I can tolerate those full backs who are quiet obviously incapable of being an attacking threat because they are pure defenders.  But Simpson is an actual hindrance to the basics of keeping possession.

Really don't understand why people have found this so funny / are glad one of our players got hurt. Fully agree he's not a great fullback but he has always been a good pro, and genuinely seems to love the club. He got goaded while drunk and swung for someone, the majority of us would do that in the same situation, I know I probably would. But it's ok to laugh at Danny Simpson because he's not one of our better players. The reaction would be completely different if it was Santon who was in this situation.

Pathetic reaction by our fans.

Generally I agree, but I have to add that "a good pro" isn't out at 4am completely shitfaced-drunk in a different fucking city.

I'm sorry like, but it's his time off. If it was before a game it wouldn't be on at all, but it's not. It's part of our culture for better (but mainly) or worse. The majority of footballers go out and get pissed, just like the majority of people do.

It's not his time off if he was supposed to be in training on Monday.

Thought he had a broken toe?

EDIT: Guess he shouldn't have been out then regardless :lol:

College Dropout :thup:

I'm sorry but that's just libel.

You read that first post bud? It was dated in Nov 2012, so its a piece written with the ability to reflect on what happened before. And I know you are well versed in football, so you'll also know Lucas had a blinder last season before he had that nasty injury.

"The Brazilian General. The boy from Gremio who caught the torrent of abuse from rooftops and terraces, chewed them up and spat them back like a curve ball of fire, shot from a golden arrow. The man who wouldn't take no for answer, when every armchair football fan up and down the country rendered him 'useless', and one of the worst players to don the famous red jersey. The abuse was deafening. A 21 year old, in a new country, fighting to make a name for himself. He tried desperately to force his way in to a midfield containing a trio of architects at the pinnacle of their careers. "

RAWK and nearly every Liverpool supporter I've known (if the ones on here want to correct me please go ahead, and I'll accept that) gave this young lad a fucking awful time, didn't back him 1 bit. He had to work for it, like many players that were slagged on these boards (Colo?) until they earned their keep.

I know what you are trying to say, but bad example man.

The primary duty of a fullback in a back 4 is to defend. Half his role? Never. To suggest otherwise is stupid.

It's not stupid though is it, a top full back is expected to contribute both defensively and offensively

You simply can't ignore how rubbish Simpson is going forward, it massively impacted on our team play going forward

You can't ignore that Simpson was completely unable to play any sort of possession football if a modicum of pressure was applied on him by the opposition.  Dallying, chipped balls to nobody and back passes are his forte.  He choked the life out of many passing moves.

Debuchy plays like a proper footballer...

The primary duty of a fullback in a back 4 is to defend. Half his role? Never. To suggest otherwise is stupid.

Not anymore, most fullbacks spend more time in the opposition half than defending.

If you watch all the top teams most fullbacks act as wingers with the DM dropping back to protect the two CBs.

Considering most teams play with 1 striker anyway you don't need to have 4 defenders back keeping it tight.

All players like Simpson these days do is restrict you as a possession and attacking force.

For example:

http://i12.servimg.com/u/f12/16/55/20/10/madrid10.png

Avg position map from Real Madrid vs Barcelona look how high the fullbacks are and they are many more examples of this the likes of Simpson are a dying breed at the top level.

He's not a top fullback. It doesn't make him a terrible fullback deserving of some of the crap he receives. Arbeloa in comparison to his team mates at club & international level is very poor going forward. Doesn't make him shit (for that level), he can defend.

Being poor attacking wise for a fullback is no reason for the constant BS on here. We lose 6-3 and people are angry because Simpson cannot attack?

I don't even think it's Simpson's 'attacking' that's the problem... it's just how unequipped and uncomfortable he looks when doing anything with the ball.

When he had a go at Tiote for passing to him against Arsenal. :anguish:

Arbeloa has been garbage in both boxes this season tbf anyway i agree he's not terrible was just pointing out that more often than not most teams are going with fullbacks who can effect the game going forward rather than fullbacks who just defend.

I also agree he isn't deserve some of the crap he deserves but meh whats done is done, his career will go on and we will go on.

Not anymore, most fullbacks spend more time in the opposition half than defending.

If you watch all the top teams most fullbacks act as wingers with the DM dropping back to protect the two CBs.

Considering most teams play with 1 striker anyway you don't need to have 4 defenders back keeping it tight.

All players like Simpson these days do is restrict you as a possession and attacking force.

For example:

http://i12.servimg.com/u/f12/16/55/20/10/madrid10.png

Avg position map from Real Madrid vs Barcelona look how high the fullbacks are and they are many more examples of this the likes of Simpson are a dying breed at the top level.

1. My main point is regarding the OTT criticism he faces. You would think he was a shambles reading this thread. I'm happy he's been replaced in XI but he's not a bad player at all. We are going to have players of his quality in our squad. 95% of teams have their limited men, who do the basics.

2. He does not play for Real Madrid or Barcelona.

3. 1 fullback for each side tends to "stay at home" far more because the opposite winger is you know, an attacker. All 4 fullbacks spend most of their time in their half.

4. We are not at the top level or 1 first team player away.

RM's LW scores 40 goals a year, I suppose HBA needs to find his shooting boots.