Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

How he's not near the England set up is beyond belief.

Don't get me wrong, i thought Simpson had a brilliant game on Saturday but surely you need to be putting in a good string of those kinda performances to put yourself on the international stage. I know Kyle Walker has been put in the squad and im baffled by that one aswell. It was only against Spurs that it was him and Williamson's shocking defending that cost us 3 points.

He's been a good cheap signing from Man Utd and is deffo worth more than the value we paid for him but to mention he's worth 10 times that amount is a bit extreme. All in all Simpson is a canny premier league right back who is establishing himself very well and if puts in those kind of performances against Arsenal on a regular basis then they would be no reason to why he shouldn't be called up for his chance to shine.

Neville didn't "retire early" at all, he was well past his expiry date.

Rafael is too raw. Has potential but f***s up pretty often. Personally think good wingers will expose him badly, particularly in the CL.

You mean you can't wait to see Messi and Pedro destroy him, like they do pretty much every other fullback in the world?

Rafael is too raw. Has potential but f***s up pretty often. Personally think good wingers will expose him badly, particularly in the CL.

You mean you can't wait to see Messi and Pedro destroy him, like they do pretty much every other fullback in the world?

Didn't necessarily mean "our" wingers, Ribery had him in his pocket last season and his frustration led to that idiotic sending off. Cronaldo would laugh all the way to Van Der Sar's goal too.

Simpson has grown on me a lot. I still think he's a bit raw when going forward and doesn't have a great right foot like say, Ryan Taylor. But he has bags of heart, is a good defender and clearly takes a lot of pride in the shirt. No surprise that he was one of the leading players who took the battle to Arsenal in the second half.

Fair play to Simpson - he has a big heart and, with Tiote and Barton, kept us afloat on Saturday.

But he's got significant flaws, and the fact that people are discussing an England call-up says much more about the state of the game in this country than it does about him.

Fair play to Simpson - he has a big heart and, with Tiote and Barton, kept us afloat on Saturday.

But he's got significant flaws, and the fact that people are discussing an England call-up says much more about the state of the game in this country than it does about him.

Yeah, I don't think anyone thinks he's the new Ashley Cole, but he's had a good season and there are almost no good English RBs.

Simpsons improving by the game. It would be a real shame for us to spend alot of money on a right back to displace him (even though i could understand why).

I don't think replacing Simpson is even on the cards now. The club has much too strict a spending policy and far too many weaker positions for that.

Before this season I wouldn't have said that mind.

Didn't necessarily mean "our" wingers, Ribery had him in his pocket last season and his frustration led to that idiotic sending off. Cronaldo would laugh all the way to Van Der Sar's goal too.

So apart from the 4 best wingers in the world.......

Guest Roger Kint

It was him that Man U threw on in the 6-0 wasn't it? He was good that day I seem to remember.

Did he not set up one or two goals in that game?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Stephen Carr was shit for us.

All I remember about Carr is selling him a Pre-Owned Xbox, when I worked at GAME, that may or may not have worked.

Stephen Carr was s*** for us.

All I remember about Carr is selling him a Pre-Owned Xbox, when I worked at GAME, that may or may not have worked.

Pre-owned? Cheap bastard.

Stephen Carr was shit for us.

All Daniel Levy remembers about Carr is selling him to Newcastle pre-owned, and that he may or may not have worked.