Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

I would prefer Simpson to stay. I think the lad is a decent enough player and is a competent enough RB for me. He does have about two years left on his current contract so he could yet change his mind.

In the future, if we end up moving Santon to RB and sign a new LB, then Simpson would be great back up for RB.

But as it stands, if he wants to go then we can't really stop him though really can't see him leaving in January. He is our first choice RB atm and don't think Pardew will let him go.

I would prefer Simpson to stay. I think the lad is a decent enough player and is a competent enough RB for me. He does have about two years left on his current contract so he could yet change his mind.

In the future, if we end up moving Santon to RB and sign a new LB, then Simpson would be great back up for RB.

But as it stands, if he wants to go then we can't really stop him though really can't see him leaving in January. He is our first choice RB atm and don't think Pardew will let him go.

Would rather keep hold of Raylor and sign a young LB to act as understudy.

Seems strange that so many are apparently unfussed by this as for me it would be difficult to improve on him both as a player and a character, especially as a quality rotation/backup option. Had a rough start to the season but has for the most part been terrific and in this case don't see much need to for more upheaval and changes to a small squad that seem to enjoy working with each other.

Surprised that they couldn't work something out as both sides seemed positive about the new contract.

I'm vaguely unfussed because I don't think club has done much wrong, offered him several contracts, he's refused and obviously wants to go. He has kept his place in the first team, what more does he want? More wages? We need to keep wage bill down if Ashley is going to cough up more money for new players. He's decent enough but not so amazing as to be a huge blow assuming we manage to replace him...and I have got some more faith in our ability to buy good players again.

I also don't think he will go, he'll issue a come and get me plea in january, only stoke will come forward and he'll end up staying. I am shitting myself about Tiote and Krul however...

Seems strange that so many are apparently unfussed by this as for me it would be difficult to improve on him both as a player and a character, especially as a quality rotation/backup option. Had a rough start to the season but has for the most part been terrific and in this case don't see much need to for more upheaval and changes to a small squad that seem to enjoy working with each other.

Surprised that they couldn't work something out as both sides seemed positive about the new contract.

I don't think i've seen him have a 'terrific' game never mind the whole season.

I'd keep R.Taylor as backup purely for his goals.

Santon to RB, A.N Other to LB, with Taylor and someone like Ridgewell (a CB who can fill in at fullback) as backup. See ya Danny.

Think Fergie will develop into a really good player. He's excellent on the ball, haven't seen enough of him on defensive duties but if he could go LB in a year's time and Santon to RB, we'd potentially be strong at full backs. We'll just have to see how Ferguson develops