Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Maybe I am reading it wrong but as someone who has expressed their frustration at the Simpson abuse it seems strange they have chosen to edit the title as such.

Is it inaccurate?

Apologies for being cynical but I bet I am not the only one who sees it like that.

It's the thread title edit of a rival fan WUM trying to taunt already despondent Newcastle fans tbh :lol: Ugh. At least four more months of this guy.

Maybe I am reading it wrong but as someone who has expressed their frustration at the Simpson abuse it seems strange they have chosen to edit the title as such.

Is it inaccurate?

Apologies for being cynical but I bet I am not the only one who sees it like that.

Like what? He's our first choice right-back.

No accept I am wrong here, read it as Danny Simpson - Newcastle United's first choice right back  :suicide: for which I apologise.

Guest neesy111

I think it's time we all got behind him tbh.

It would help, but we're only allowed 11 players on the pitch at once.

http://images.wikia.com/halofanon/images/8/8a/Rsz_1rsz_happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-_clean_-l.png

Guest bimpy474

Try blamng that on the alsatian. Doesn't work I can vouch for that.

Well he is 53 and his parents are in their 80's.

Simpson is a decent PL player. He gets abuse criticism because he happens to be the weakest link in everyones preferred line up. Which is inevitable in every imperfect team. I'm not sure Perch is better in this position. From what I've seen he's far more steady as a DM because of his neat passing and his ability to close down.

tl;dr: Let's get Debuchy in January

:yao:

Frankly Perch is vastly superior both offensively and defensively. IMO when I have seen him play this season and last; he has more or less slotted into the positions he has been told to adopt with confidence and ability. Simpson has neither of these things with a ball at his feet. Perch is a decent premier league player. Simpson is very mediocre. He would tear up trees at full back; but has more of the pace, guile and intelligence needed to wo there effectively.

Frankly Perch is vastly superior both offensively and defensively. IMO when I have seen him play this season and last; he has more or less slotted into the positions he has been told to adopt with confidence and ability. Simpson has neither of these things with a ball at his feet. Perch is a decent premier league player. Simpson is very mediocre. He would tear up trees at full back; but has more of the pace, guile and intelligence needed to wo there effectively.

When fit Perch should be starting for me :thup:

the Toon boss will be glad full-back Danny Simpson is around.

He was tipped to quit the club having failed to agree a new contract, with his deal having less than 12 months to run.

But when Newcastle face Aston Villa tomorrow, he will be there.

“Just call me the great survivor,” said Simpson.

“It’s been a strange summer with the fans.

“They must have thought I was going but that’s part and parcel of football.”

:troll:

He is the weakest link obviously, but is also undoubtedly the scapegoat for a huge amount of people now... can see him being blamed for absolutely everything this season.

There always has to be someone to take the flak. Not saying I rate him because I don't, but have a feeling on here he will take the blame for other people's mistakes/good play by the opposition. See Spurs game even...cross from one side, Simpson's fault for not getting tight enough to block the original ball, from the other Simpson's fault for not marking his man well enough at the far post. Can see this line of argument featuring a lot this year.

It's not ideal but it's what it is and we all have to deal with it. Let's get behind ALL of our players eh?

Simpson is a decent PL player. He gets abuse criticism because he happens to be the weakest link in everyones preferred line up. Which is inevitable in every imperfect team. I'm not sure Perch is better in this position. From what I've seen he's far more steady as a DM because of his neat passing and his ability to close down.

Agree, have seen nothing to suggest that Perch would be a great attacking right back, bombing down the wing, which seems to be the main complaint against Simpson. He is obviously our weakest link in the first 11, but there is nothing to suggest Perch would be an improvement. And Pardew seems to feel the same, despite seeing them both training everyday, but sure, some people know better eh. We are stuck with what we have, lets just deal with it.

Agree, have seen nothing to suggest that Perch would be a great attacking right back, bombing down the wing, which seems to be the main complaint against Simpson. He is obviously our weakest link in the first 11, but there is nothing to suggest Perch would be an improvement. And Pardew seems to feel the same, despite seeing them both training everyday, but sure, some people know better eh. We are stuck with what we have, lets just deal with it.

I wouldn't take much notice of people calling for Perch to play, it will be the same ones who wanted us to play Tavernier until the Atromitos away game.

No, he's incapable of playing the ball out from the back - on the deck. At least in this area, Perch looks alot more comfortable & capable

simpson was the first choice right back in a team that finished 5th, he played nearly every game until the end of the season. how many games did he keep us in through blocks and goal line clearances? i agree that we could do with an upgrade but its not all bad.

preparing myself for abuse now.