Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

Would Northern Rock have any say over how the logo is produced or just define the font etc? Can't see them being right impressed at how cheap and nasty it looks.

Why it needs the black box around it I do not know. Could have went back to the gold NR logo which stood out and looked classy imo.

This:

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/javaImages/6f/ae/0,,10341~6401647,00.jpg

Liked this shirt, it's the home one I wear still, didn't like the last one or this one.

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/artwork/english/banners/football/newcastle-top-banner.jpg

Lovenkrands seems high.

Is Alan Smith wearing slippers? ???

Doesnt look like there are any stripes on the back (going off the above pic)? When was the last time we didnt had a shirt like that? Its horrible, we need to have black and white strips on both sides man we're Newcastle!

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/artwork/english/banners/football/newcastle-top-banner.jpg

whats with the faggot painting his toes and the other queer with the teddy

Don't forget Smitty's slippers.

why would you pose for any of that if you were a millionairre professional footballer? 

photographer: "hi peter, can you just hold this teddy bear and look at it like you want to have sex with it please?"

peter: "get fucked i'm off to play golf"

is how it should have went

still the quality of the photo is weird and none of it looks right, wouldn't surprise me if it was a Photoshop job all round - the whole thing just doesn't sit right or look right... 

why would you pose for any of that if you were a millionairre professional footballer? 

photographer: "hi peter, can you just hold this teddy bear and look at it like you want to have sex with it please?"

still the quality of the photo is weird and none of it looks right, wouldn't surprise me if it was a Photoshop job all round - the whole thing just doesn't sit right or look right... 

Why else do people do things at work?

It will be in their contracts that they have to so stuff like this when asked.

Why else do people do things at work?

It will be in their contracts that they have to so stuff like this when asked.

but jesus yeah, being asked to pose is one thing - to pose pissing around with another footballers feet and playing with a teddy bear?

maaaaaaan :(

Guest guinness_fiend

peter: "get f***ed i'm off to play golf"

For all you know, it could be a lucky teddy given to him by his kids.  At the end of the day, I couldn't give a Castlemaine XXXX if they pose in Ann Summers posing pouches.  In all fairness, they could spend their time in the dressing room giving each other reach-arounds and perfecting the patented Ashley Cole "vibrophone" prostate orgasm.  We've got confirmation of the kit and that's all what counts.

And on a general note: the kit looks fine.  Quit bitching.

I don't get why people are complaining about the advertising like. At least there is some level of effort with it compared to the normal shit. Normally all we get is three shit fat players stood in a row, nothing additional.

Unfortunately, they seem to have put a lot more effort into advertising the product than designing it.

Guest guinness_fiend

I don't get why people are complaining about the advertising like. At least there is some level of effort with it compared to the normal s***. Normally all we get is three s*** fat players stood in a row, nothing additional.

Unfortunately, they seem to have put a lot more effort into advertising the product than designing it.

It's meant to show a "human" side of the players.  Do people really expect that footballers *don't* wear slippers or comfy footwear in the training room prior to a game or that they don't have lucky bears etc. that their kids have given to them?  Furthermore, would anyone be surprised if, given his eating habits, Kevin Nolan *wouldn't* be tempted to eat his own toenails prior to a game, in lieu of there being no lard available.

Our home kit is a poisoned chalice.  I remember people hating the granddad shirt when it came out, despite it now being regarded as one of our best kits of all time.  Whilst there are things I'd change, at least a completely white back looks better than a half-arsed patch. 

One thing I have noticed is that Puma have opted for a baggy, rather than athletic, template shape - presumably because of our fans are tucky bastards! :lol: