Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

I'm holding out hope that Umbro will come in with their "tailored" style for England and Man City and save us...

Or Nike...

But Puma, I was more excited about them until I saw some of the crap they are making these days. Meh...I prefer classic style kits, I hope they don't butcher ours with 8 puma logos 4 random stripes across the chest and horrific design elements for the shorts and socks.

If I was making a kit for our club - Simple black and white shirt. Plain Black shorts or 1 stripe on the side, and Plain black socks with a stripe of white on the sock that folds over. Classic, simple, and class. 

You can't overdesign a striped kit, and it bothers me to all hell that these companies seem to do that every time.

Guest toonlass

Aye, what would be so bad about a plain black and white striped shirt, one logo, one sponsor in the middle, black shorts and black socks with a white hoop on them. Just keep it simple, no fancy collars, no cape effect, no piping, just plain black and white basics.

Guest Phil K

Before we start complaing about it, lets see what they come up with, eh ?

Personally, i haven't been impressed by adidas's efforts for a LONG time.

Impressed by some of the artful visions of what might be - good work.

Fingers crossed Puma deliver. I reckon it'll be alright.

If it disappoints, I'll probably buy myself the Fairs Cup shirt of Toffs. Anyone have that? Is it any good?

yeah it's a worthy buy, i got mine a few years ago when toffs was still next to the adelphi, in the sale too as it was

i just need to loose the xmas fat to fit back into it because it's a medium  :-X

Guest Phil K

Was gonna say like, look fine if you're some lithe 19 year old, wouldn't like to see some of our midfield or supporters in something that stretchy and skimpy :lol:

Agree - they should be making a design for FOOTBALL, not a bloody catwalk.

Not sure if they've been shown, but these Algeria tops look mint.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9585/algeria1012pumafootball.jpg

They look stylish tbh but skinny fit on me a 46 yo with a paunch noooo way  :-[

I'd like something simple, along the lines of:

http://www.dorkatorium.co.uk/pictures/newcastlepuma.jpg

Couldn't be arsed with the sponsor, and yes I know it looks slightly cack, and the stripes don't quite match up properly with the side bits, but I'm shite at those Photoshop templates.  :lol:

This is the new Africa 3rd kit, which all African teams who have their kits made by Puma will have.

http://www.worldcupblog.org/files/2010/01/unity-image.jpg

Lose the skin tightness, and the logo's on the sleeves and thats one good kit.

This is the new Africa 3rd kit, which all African teams who have their kits made by Puma will have.

http://www.worldcupblog.org/files/2010/01/unity-image.jpg

Lose the skin tightness, and the logo's on the sleeves and thats one good kit.

Coolio idea. I assume each will have a country logo on though. Maybe I'll go buy 1 for every African nation.

I don't like the patch with the sponsor. It makes the shirt quite heavy weight, too. Would prefer to have the sponsor in a different colour, for example blue and without the patch.

and the black puma logo's on the shoulder, they have to go. we'd get ribbed by them down the road.