Alan Shearer

Weznufc

On 08/08/2022 at 07:59, Mahoneys Tache said:

I recall him making a comment along the lines of ‘it’s just what you give your bitch’ when some player slapped another on MOTD or something which was never acknowledged.

Yeah great quote.  Grow up!

18 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

What the fuck are you on about you snot? I was pointing out that he was a massive cunt for that statement. Now fuck off and come back when you’ve finished puberty. 

Woah woah woah woah, slow down you move to fast. Solomon's here, all part of the job. What's going on?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1439422013210201

Premier League 'Shearer's best moments at Blackburn'

As I've gotten older I've found I really enjoy watching his goals there too - feel so attached it makes me proud to see those too. And he was at such a high level then.

Love that he scored for us at Ewood Park in his very last season too.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

2 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1439422013210201

Premier League 'Shearer's best moments at Blackburn'

As I've gotten older I've found I really enjoy watching his goals there too - feel so attached it makes me proud to see those too. And he was at such a high level then.

So many of the selection outside the box. Touch, turn, shoot. Must have been a nightmare to try and defend. 

That hug between Ferdinand and Shearer… miss those guys. 

Heard Sir Les interviewed recently jokingly talking about how it felt to be part of such a fearsome partnership. He said (something like): ‘At kick-off me and Alan would sometimes say, “Shall we go and terrorise this lot today?”

”Yes, shall we?”’

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest reefatoon

Amazing finish. The premier leagues greatest ever striker and we had the pleasure of watching him do that. He was a machine.

The Everton volley is one of those goals where somehow it’s even more spectacular on viewing than it was witnessing it live in the flesh.

I wasn’t alive to see Milburn’s in the FA Cup QF vs Pompey in ‘52, nor Supermac’s legendary goal vs Leicester, but have heard them retold in tones of awe.  I wonder if they were like Shearer’s volley - somehow the memory and retelling doesn’t quite recapture just how hard, fast and accurate that strike was

Edited by TheBrownBottle