Alan Shearer

Weznufc

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else think he looked and sounded rather uncomfortable discussing the Howe effect on MOTD last night? He’d normally be buzzing with a run like this but there’s barely any enthusiasm there. I think he’s dreading being asked the obvious question.

On 26/02/2022 at 09:17, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Doing a talk in with Steve Wraith. £2,600 + VAT for a table. 

Err, he’s went right down in my estimation associating himself with that cunt. Two bald pricks!

7 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Anyone else think he looked and sounded rather uncomfortable discussing the Howe effect on MOTD last night? He’d normally be buzzing with a run like this but there’s barely any enthusiasm there. I think he’s dreading being asked the obvious question.

Yeah, I noticed that too! There was definitely a kind of restraint in how he was analysing the game. 

11 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Yeah, noticed that too and how they referred to improvements over the "Benitez era" when discussing Everton but it was "since Howe took over" when discussing our massive night and day improvement.

7 minutes ago, number37 said:

Yeah, I noticed that too! There was definitely a kind of restraint in how he was analysing the game. 

Me too. He slalomed around the question avoiding the obvious comparison with pre-Howe matches. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Ian Harte must have a decent record as well if assists from set-pieces are counted.

He had a magic left foot, Harte. Would love to see him try and play against the pace of a modern day winger though :lol: Beckham used to look like Mbappe against him. 

44 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

He had a magic left foot, Harte. Would love to see him try and play against the pace of a modern day winger though :lol: Beckham used to look like Mbappe against him. 

And lest we forget him being outpaced by Solano of all people for the winner down Elland Road! 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Always got the impression Shearer didn’t particularly like Robert which is a bit mad given he’d probably not have had a second stab at CL football or beat Milburn’s record without him.

Professionals not liking each other is nothing unusual. 

Shearer obviously recognised his importance otherwise he wouldn't have pleaded with Souness not to drop him for an important European game (Lisbon I think).