Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Word is that we are about to sign Edward Ofere from Malmo. Anyone able to give me any information about him?

23 year old 6 foot 3 striker, played a few games for Nigeria.  Goal record isn't great, especially considering he's playing in Sweden (22 goals in 78 games).

Shola Mk IV?

I'm not saying that I've seen Malmö play that much, but from what I've seen of Ofere, I see nothing special at all. He got a few goals in the end of last season though IIRC. We're robbed if we pay more than £500k for him.

Guest Roger Kint

Word is that we are about to sign Edward Ofere from Malmo. Anyone able to give me any information about him?

Realistic transfer thread a lad from Malmo said hes shit

23 year old 6 foot 3 striker, played a few games for Nigeria.  Goal record isn't great, especially considering he's playing in Sweden (22 goals in 78 games).

Shola Mk IV?

Pretty much this. Rather strong, able to keep the ball up and an alright eye for the goal. Last year he scored 13 goals in 28 matches which i so-so, even though he started a few games on the bench. Previous seasons he's been on the bench quite a lot, hence he hasn't scored all that much.

Should we go for him? No. Wouldn't really be an improvement on the strike force we've got today. Rather give Nile the chance.

Malmö has over the last decade sold a few good strikers; Zlatan (who wasn't really dominate in Sweden but scored wonder goals whenever he wanted and you could tell he was a class act), Afonso Alves (Dominated the swedish league. Did very well in Holland and then went to Boro...), Toivonen (Like Zlatan, wasn't outstanding but showed glimpses of his potential every now and then. Now doing well in Holland at PSV). Ofere is by swedish standards good but nowhere as good as the three mentioned above.

Ashley, Ronaldo, you are both knobs if you didn't think this guy was worth a £2M punt. 

Ken Bates said on Sky that we offered £2.25m and he said no, guess that makes you a knob too then ;D

Well according to the Ken Bates in the press today we bid £1.8M. Welcome to the "Knob Club" Roger!  :clap:

Guest Roger Kint

Ashley, Ronaldo, you are both knobs if you didn't think this guy was worth a £2M punt. 

Ken Bates said on Sky that we offered £2.25m and he said no, guess that makes you a knob too then ;D

Well according to the Ken Bates in the press today we bid £1.8M. Welcome to the "Knob Club" Roger!  :clap:

Oh dear thats never you failing to understand the 20% sell on clause to Wealdstone is it? Go on see how long that takes you to work out...... :mackems:

Oh dear thats never you failing to understand the 20% sell on clause to Wealdstone is it? Go on see how long that takes you to work out...... :mackems:

I’m voting for you as honorary President  O0

Guest Roger Kint

Just give it up dear, you clearly havent the brains for simple maths..........or humour

Just give it up dear, you clearly havent the brains for simple maths..........or humour

Rog, smile mate, :rolleyes: life's too short. (and try not to over use the word "dear" in future posts) .........

P.S. I'm giving "it" up :razz:

Wonder if leeds would swap their midfield for ours given the choice ?

Probably, from what ive seen on other championship teams forums, they seem to rate our midfield more than we do.

Everyone rates our midfield more than we do. They don't have to watch them every week... they still think Nicky Butt is a good player FFS.

Looks good on Utubular.

:omg:

Looks good on Utubular.

:omg:

He's not.

Certainly picks his games the lad. Fails to malke any impact whatsoever against Swindon, Exeter and Wycombe but excels againt Man U and Spurs. :lol:

Probably because he's quality and knows it. Still, maybe we should take the word of some arsehole fans as to what a wanker he is before we decide he's not good enough.

Certainly picks his games the lad. Fails to malke any impact whatsoever against Swindon, Exeter and Wycombe but excels againt Man U and Spurs. :lol:

Probably because he's quality and knows it. Still, maybe we should take the word of some arsehole fans as to what a w***** he is before we decide he's not good enough.

If that's the case, he most certainly is a wanker.

Although to be fair - looking at Leeds results this season he has had an impact (i.e. he scored) against Colchester, Walsall, Tranmere, Colchester, Gillingham, Carlisle, Norwich, Bristol Rovers, Yeovil, Grimsby, Brighton, Kettering, Hartlepool and Stockport  :lol:

He's scored goals for fun this season, nobody is saying any different. Just think it's funny that since his transfer request he's scored 3 goals in 2 against Man U and Spurs but 0 in 3 against poor League One opposition.