Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beckford has signed a pre-contract deal with Everton according to the Sun. I haven't seen much of him but it just backs up my intial view that he looks like a player who has something about him. Now run out and sign some 3k a week tosser instead Mike. 

I thought you could only sign pre-contract deals with foreign clubs.

Surely the Sun hasn't got it wrong?

Beckford has signed a pre-contract deal with Everton according to the Sun. I haven't seen much of him but it just backs up my intial view that he looks like a player who has something about him. Now run out and sign some 3k a week tosser instead Mike. 

I thought you could only sign pre-contract deals with foreign clubs.

Surely the Sun hasn't got it wrong?

That doesn't mean they happen all the time. Lots of footballers agree terms before their contracts expire. I don't even understand that rule you have in England, moving to another club (particularly at this level) isn't something that you do in a couple days in June.

Guest Roger Kint

Hope Bates sues them and him for it ;D

Signing for Everton doesn't automatically mean he will cut it in the Premiership. Moyes supposedly has a long standing interest in Alan Smith! Besides, if I was a player with no emotional connection to Newcastle and Everton and Newcastle came in for me it's an easy choice where to go.

Signing for Everton doesn't automatically mean he will cut it in the Premiership. Moyes supposedly has a long standing interest in Alan Smith! Besides, if I was a player with no emotional connection to Newcastle and Everton and Newcastle came in for me it's an easy choice where to go.

yup simple choice for any non connected player

Christ, remember that summer after Everton finished 4th and it seemed like everyone was turning them down to join us? (Parker, Emre, Owen...)

probably because freddie was throwing huge contracts at them way above what was sensible

Christ, remember that summer after Everton finished 4th and it seemed like everyone was turning them down to join us? (Parker, Emre, Owen...)

alternativly when parker and mre were turning down £30,000 for £50,000.

I'd guess a lot of that was down to the wages we were willing to pay them over Everton. Probably one of the reasons why we are where we currently are and they are where they currently are.

Will pretty much be a replacement for Saha who is expected to leave in the summer. Good move for Everton who have had recent success with lower league players recently. I think Moyes will get more out of him too, and I imagine he will do well there too.

Oh well ...

Will pretty much be a replacement for Saha who is expected to leave in the summer. Good move for Everton who have had recent success with lower league players recently. I think Moyes will get more out of him too, and I imagine he will do well there too.

Oh well ...

He may prosper in the Premiership or we may have dodged a bullet. Time will tell.

Oh well ...

He may prosper in the Premiership or we may have dodged a bullet. Time will tell.

The thing is though, he will be signed on a free and coming from league two he cannot demand huge wages, so in all it is a very inexpensive risk.

Even if he ends up as a reserve player, which I doubt will happen personally, he still would represent value for money! There is no bullet to dodge essentially!

This was always likely to happen - as I said earlier, NUFC have a long record of letting players slip after a long drawn-out transfer saga.

He probably isn't the greatest player around, but more than likely one who would have helped secure promotion - so much for Hughton being confident of getting his targets......

Bold move by Moyes if true. Quite a risk reaaly.

On a free and low wages so hardly a risk in reality.

and if it doesn't work he'll probably be able to sell for more than he's received in wages.

even less of a risk in reality.

He will be a improvement on Jo.

a straw man would be an improvement on jo

How much did Man City fork out on him?

18m, i do believe it was the thai criminal they had as owner who signed him himself

Jo & Love were a good combo a few FM's back