Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

Guest johnson293

How come standard takeovers generally take months (sometimes years) to complete, yet it appears this guy is able to take over/control the club overnight, simply because of a clause in a loan agreement?

What happened to the 'Fit and Proper' ownership tests???

Is this a loophole?

How come standard takeovers generally take months (sometimes years) to complete, yet it appears this guy is able to take over/control the club overnight, simply because of a clause in a loan agreement?

What happened to the 'Fit and Proper' ownership tests???

Is this a loophole?

:mackems:

Hong Kong business man wins Portsmouth FC in game of pass the parcel

Premier League crisis club Portsmouth have been taken over by their twenty seventh different owner of the season, after a game of pass the parcel among people owed money by the ailing club.

Hong Kong-based businessman Balram Chainrai is understood to have taken 90% of Portsmouth’s shares from previous owner Ali Al Faraj after the music stopped whilst he was holding a bag with the keys to Fratton Park.

The move is expected to bring four or five days of stability to the south coast club, before the search begins for the twenty-eighth owner, with plans already underway to invite all debtors to a large game of musical chairs at the end of next week.

Press Conference

In a hastily arranged press conference, new owner Mr Chainrai told reporters, “Yes, it’s true, when the music stopped the keys were in my hand.”

“Those are the rules, and I agreed to abide by them. I assure everyone that I will do my absolute best in the coming days to ensure this club returns to it’s former glories as a club capable of paying back all of the money it has borrowed.”

“It’s true that it’s never been a particular dream of mine to spend most of my hard earned millions on overpaid idiots to run around a field really, really badly.”

“But I do regularly dream about getting back all of the money I lent to a shady Arab businessmen, so I suppose this is a dream come true of sorts.”

“Now, I don’t suppose I could interest you in a new full back could I? I’ll even chuck in eighty-grand-a-week John Utaka for free.”

face the winding-up order tomorrow according to the Legends.

Queue them saying how their game against the mackems tonight might be their last ever match.

Hopefully the players will rise to the occasion and hammer the mackems then.

What if Pompey dissolves (which I still find hard to believe, I think they will keep the club alive until the end of the season)? Will they get another promoted team from the CCC to make up? Or just relegate two this season?

The Premier League will become a 19-team league temporarily, two teams will be relegated at the end of the season (18th and 19th), and then three will be promoted from the CCC to make it back up to 20 teams next season.

What if Pompey dissolves (which I still find hard to believe, I think they will keep the club alive until the end of the season)? Will they get another promoted team from the CCC to make up? Or just relegate two this season?

just relegate two I'd imagine, and whoever should have been playing Pompey that week would get the weekend off, and presumably some points.  Still don't think they'll go under like.  Chris Cooper, Real's mackem commentator, reckons there was one top flight club a few years ago very close to going into liquidation, but didn't.

just relegate two I'd imagine, and whoever should have been playing Pompey that week would get the weekend off, and presumably some points.  Still don't think they'll go under like.  Chris Cooper, Real's mackem commentator, reckons there was one top flight club a few years ago very close to going into liquidation, but didn't.

i think whatever points and gd pompey affected other teams with would be gone too

aye but he said it was a bank winding them up, and they may have considered the supporters who were customers - HMRC doesn't care

Do you reckon if it happend to Aston Villa since one of the Princes supports them he would just ask granny to make it so they didn't have to pay taxes to her and everything would be forgtotten about?, because basically she still has rule over whats happens doesn't she?

i think whatever points and gd pompey affected other teams with would be gone too

If Pompey go under and cannot complete the season, then you would have to void all their games.  You couldn't give "forfeit 3-points" to some teams for games that were not played and make played games stand.  It would have to be a level field and all pompey games cancelled.

So wait, Pompey will just cease to be? Is this really happening?

If it goes through, yes.

Personally I think they'll get some kind of deadline til the end of the season and their future will be sorted during the close season. We'll see though.

So wait, Pompey will just cease to be? Is this really happening?

If it goes through, yes.

Personally I think they'll get some kind of deadline til the end of the season and their future will be sorted during the close season. We'll see though.

Aye, I can't believe it'll happen. Someone will bail them out.

s***, just realised that if the same were to happen to Cardiff then we are much worse off, having beating them twice, whilst they beat WBA and drew with Forest.

Hopefully they aren't quite as f***ed as Pompey though.

Hopefully they are worse! :coolsmiley: