FA Cup 4th Round Draw - West Brom (a) if we beat Plymouth

Guest michaelfoster

Jonny, every fan wants to enjoy their football and win every game but it isn’t as simple as that. You’ve got to take account of your strengths and limitations in order to achieve your goals.

A cup run would be great, but it won’t do as much good as promotion, promotion is the priority. Our squad is wafer thin and not particularly fit, any injury or fatigue in general is detrimental to that goal.

Teams are capable of having more than one goal, but those teams tend to have larger squads or much less ambitious targets. It pains me to say it but a cup run this year provides little benefit. Realistically we aren’t going to win and it will only contribute to injury and fatigue.

On no uncertain terms we must gain promotion. Another season in the Championship would be a disaster. Because this is so important injury and fatigue are risks worth taking, unlike a cup run which bares less significance.

We’ve backed ourselves into this scenario by allowing the squad to become so small when we have such a significant ambition. Even teams around and below us have squads capable of competing on multiple fronts due to having more players and less ambitious targets. It’s sad these are my feelings because I love the cup and a run in the cup can be magical.

Jonny, every fan wants to enjoy their football and win every game but it isnt as simple as that. Youve got to take account of your strengths and limitations in order to achieve your goals.

A cup run would be great, but it wont do as much good as promotion, promotion is the priority. Our squad is wafer thin and not particularly fit, any injury or fatigue in general is detrimental to that goal.

Teams are capable of having more than one goal, but those teams tend to have larger squads or much less ambitious targets. It pains me to say it but a cup run this year provides little benefit. Realistically we arent going to win and it will only contribute to injury and fatigue.

On no uncertain terms we must gain promotion. Another season in the Championship would be a disaster. Because this is so important injury and fatigue are risks worth taking, unlike a cup run which bares less significance.

Weve backed ourselves into this scenario by allowing the squad to become so small when we have such a significant ambition. Even teams around and below us have squads capable of competing on multiple fronts due to having more players and less ambitious targets. Its sad these are my feelings because I love the cup and a run in the cup can be magical.

Spot on.

Make sure we lose and we can burden WBA with having to play an extra game where injuries might happen!!!  :frantic:

If we beat Plymouth..

:facepalm:

Care to elaborate or are you part of the "play the kids, I don't care" clan?

We still have to play the replay against Plymouth, and i f we lose that, we will have the same number of matches as WBA...

Make sure we lose and we can burden WBA with having to play an extra game where injuries might happen!!!  :frantic:

If we beat Plymouth..

:facepalm:

Care to elaborate or are you part of the "play the kids, I don't care" clan?

We still have to play the replay against Plymouth, and i f we lose that, we will have the same number of matches as WBA...

WBA have a game in hand because they had a game postponed against Blackpool. That will be played during the week.

Guest Phil K

Could have been worse.

Aye, Arsenal or Chelsea maybe - dismal draw, for me, all the same.

Could have been a lot worse, quite pleased with that draw.

Wish I had your confidence, Ste :)

Bit s***. Might go to it if we get past Plymouth though.

This. Never been to the Hawthorns.

If I do I'll have been 3 times in the last 12 months, seen 1 win, 1 draw and probably a loss.

Good atmosphere?

Bit s***. Might go to it if we get past Plymouth though.

This. Never been to the Hawthorns.

If I do I'll have been 3 times in the last 12 months, seen 1 win, 1 draw and probably a loss.

Good atmosphere?

Yep, they might give us more which would be good as it's the cup.