Geremi joins Ankaragücu after all

AlanSkÃrare

Guest BooBoo

Didn't do a great deal but don't really wish him any ill will. Superb cross for Owens first v the Mackems was probably his finest moment.

Shocked he's gone tbh. Thought he would have hung around and seen off the last of his contract rather than take a wage cut.

50K+ off the wage bill for an utterly s*** player.  Thanks for that cross against the mackems and the free kick against spurs, the only thing he achieved of note. Never waranted the money he was on and was surplus to requirements.

Good bye to bad rubbish.

World Cup year, innit? Can't afford to not be playing, even with his profile in Cameroon.

Yup, pretty much what it comes down too.

Have to say it is insanity that Nigeria and Cameroon will carry Geremi and Kanu to the World Cup (However much I like them both).

Geremi was done when we signed him, and I'm estatic we've forund a buyer. Let's get some decent players in now.

My favorite part of this thread is everyone saying "50k off the wage bill" - how did you figure that out?  As far I know we're not privy to how much many, if not all (bar Riise at Liverpool that one time) footballers make a week for sure, especially at our own club.

My favorite part of this thread is everyone saying "50k off the wage bill" - how did you figure that out?  As far I know we're not privy to how much many, if not all (bar Riise at Liverpool that one time) footballers make a week for sure, especially at our own club.

Footy Man is how i work it out like...

Guest VegasToon

The first transfer, we have a player leaving and everyone is happy.  That is really all you need to say about Geremi.  :celb:

Well his two previous clubs were Real Madrid and Chelsea, we are known to pay generously and he came on a free transfer. Would be surprised if he was on less than 40k a week.

Rightly or wrongly, some player's wages are regarded as common knowledge.  I'm surprised I'm the only one to speculate that we might still be paying towards his wages.  If he IS on £50k-ish, then either:

He's took a massive wage cut

The Turkish team are paying way over the odds for him

Somewhere in between

Or the final option - we're still paying towards his wages.  I honestly wouldn't bet against it - Leeds had to do it with a good few of their players when they dropped down a level.  Even if we are contributing a bit it's only for 6 months and he never played anyway so I'm not fussed, but as I say I'm surprised at so many people thinking we've definitely shifted his whole wage off the bill when there's so little info available.