Geremi joins Ankaragücu after all

AlanSkÃrare

good, farewell to another waster..

Very true, his performance at Scunthorpe was shockingly poor. Allardyce proved what an arrogant cunt he really is by not only ignoring SBR advice on his 'old legs' but then making him Club captain was tantamount to telling SBR to fuck off and mind his own business.

I haven't read all this thread yet but if the club have managed to get £1m for Geremi who is in the last 6 months of his contract and about to go to the African cup of nations they must be able to sell snow to Eskimos!

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/04/tamas-kadar-is-relishing-magpies-chances-61634-25518561/2/

NEWCASTLE have finally managed to offload Geremi after the Cameroon international moved to Turkish club MKE Ankaragücü last night in a £1m deal.

The transfer will come as a major boost to the Magpies’ finances as the midfielder, who has not played since the 2-1 defeat at Scunthorpe at the end of October, earned around £56,000 a week and has been little more than a periphery member of the squad since relegation.

Geremi had lost more than a yard of pace in recent years and has been a big disappointment since a free transfer switch from Chelsea three years ago.

This will be his second stint in Turkey, having already played for Gençlerbirligi.

I haven't read all this thread yet but if the club have managed to get £1m for Geremi who is in the last 6 months of his contract and about to go to the African cup of nations they must be able to sell snow to Eskimos!

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/04/tamas-kadar-is-relishing-magpies-chances-61634-25518561/2/

NEWCASTLE have finally managed to offload Geremi after the Cameroon international moved to Turkish club MKE Ankaragücü last night in a £1m deal.

The transfer will come as a major boost to the Magpies’ finances as the midfielder, who has not played since the 2-1 defeat at Scunthorpe at the end of October, earned around £56,000 a week and has been little more than a periphery member of the squad since relegation.

Geremi had lost more than a yard of pace in recent years and has been a big disappointment since a free transfer switch from Chelsea three years ago.

This will be his second stint in Turkey, having already played for Gençlerbirligi.

Get away, there is no way we are getting money for him. Shome mishtake, shurely?? :dowie:

Guest johnson293

Much like Joey Barton, Geremi is another player that I'd forgotten was even at the club, to be honest.

And echoing above - if we've gotten a £1m for him, then thats even better!

Nolan

Smith

Butt

Guthrie (:rolleyes:)

Barton (eventually)

I guess we'll stick with that sorry line-up for central midfielders, rather than looking to bring in a replacement for Geremi or any improvements.

Considering Hughton's reluctance to play Guthrie through the middle, I find myself hoping Barton is fucking brilliant on his return.

Nolan

Smith

Butt

Barton (eventually)

I guess we'll stick with that sorry line-up for central midfielders, rather than looking to bring in a replacement for Geremi or any improvements.

Considering Hughton's reluctance to play Guthrie through the middle, I find myself hoping Barton is fucking brilliant on his return.

unfortunately since ashley took control the trend has been to be amazed at incoming fees and just accept that we're not gonna bring anyone decent in, ever.

Guest Stephen927

Nolan

Smith

Butt

Barton (eventually)

Considering Hughton's reluctance to play Guthrie through the middle, I find myself hoping Barton is f***ing brilliant on his return.

I doubt there will be any funds made available for that area unless others leave. 5 central midfielders is plenty of cover, need to shift some more from the wage bill first but I can't see that happening until Butt leaves on a free at the end of the season....