Newcastle United vs. West Bromwich Albion Mon. Jan. 18th 2010 7.45 pm KO

Incognito

Guest Heneage

West Brom are coming into this off the back of a nasty home defeat, an early goal could shatter what confidence they have left.

I'm naturally nervous about all our games, but there's no reason that we shouldn't be winning this one.

Although our play hasn't been great recently, we aren't losing games. The Plymouth performance should give the team a confidence boost, and I'd like to see the same team for this one. Except Smith back in for Butt if available.

4-4-2 I suppose

Harper

Simpson        Saylor      Collo      Enrique

Raylor        Guthrie        Smith      Jonas

Amoebi        Lovenkrands

Hughton will play Nolan instead of Guthrie tho.

They are a good footballing side but I noticed against Foest that they are susceptible down the flanks and the long ball so I would certainly play two pacy wingers with the two forwards from last night.

My only changes to last nights team is Smith in for Butt and Simpson in for Ryan Taylor, Harper in for Krul. Use Pancrate and Jonas pace down the flanks and hiopefully, they can deliver quality balls into the middle.

This nonsense about leaving Shola out is still being peddled?

Unfortunately it is

Dispite him being possibly having the best goals/game ratio in the league

He has struggled in the past but if he is fit then he MUST start in this division

we'll win this, they were f***ing AWFUL against forest and they'll come for a draw.

We were awful against Forest too remember.

They've got something to prove, as do we.

We've thrown away some stupid points recently against poor teams. So have Albion

We've just got to get the upper hand quickly.

They're a good away side.

We need a team that will come and go for it, otherwise we may see another Bristol City style game.

We did, 2 weeks ago.

Exactly. Derby came for the point and got the point. We're not very good at opening up negative teams as much, unless they're downright half-arsed like Plymouth yesterday.

To be honest we opened Derby up many times just our finishing was gash as fuck that day.

Same for Bristol City really, both games we didn't have Shola on the pitch though (except for 20 minutes against Derby, but it takes him half an hour to get into the mood)

We need a team that will come and go for it, otherwise we may see another Bristol City style game.

We did, 2 weeks ago.

Exactly. Derby came for the point and got the point. We're not very good at opening up negative teams as much, unless they're downright half-arsed like Plymouth yesterday.

We haven't had any trouble at all at opening negative teams up - certainly not at home anyway. It's when we don't finish our chances within the first half an hour - that's when it becomes blatantly obvious we're not going to win. See Bristol/Derby.

The script of every home game is near identical. Come out of the blocks at a million miles an hour, nick an early goal or two (or three), sit back, ride the game out. Maybe nick one on the counter.

When we've not scored in the first 25 minutes it's almost as if there's a massive weight on every single one of our players' shoulders. "Wtf do we do now?" Sorta thing. If we get our customary early goal against West Brom, i can't see it being any different to the likes of the Sheff Wed, Boro, Watford, etc home games. If we don't, it's anyone's game - but i'm confident we won't lose, the fans won't let it happen.