The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Little disappointed in Hughton there, Henry was a fucking disgrace. Shearer is a cunt too laughing about it. Fair play Barton though. Done really well.

Happy with Hughton's response. Best idea not to slag opposition players off straight after the match - regardless of the offence. Attracts bad PR which we dont need.

Just leave it until Henry comes back up here.  :knuppel2:

Guest Heneage

Little disappointed in Hughton there, Henry was a f***ing disgrace. Shearer is a c*** too laughing about it. Fair play Barton though. Done really well.

What's the point? Won't change a thing, he's practicing what I imagine he preaches to players like Barton, maintain your dignity. Instead let McCarthy make a prize pratt of himself by basically saying 'two wrongs make a right'.

Little disappointed in Hughton there, Henry was a f***ing disgrace. Shearer is a c*** too laughing about it. Fair play Barton though. Done really well.

What's the point? Won't change a thing, he's practicing what I imagine he preaches to players like Barton, maintain your dignity. Instead let McCarthy make a prize pratt of himself by basically saying 'two wrongs make a right'.

Yeah, I agree. Hughton rose above it, and therefore set the right example to his players. I think a little bit of Hughton's quiet dignity has rubbed off on Joey, and I'm hopeful that'll be the case with Ben Arfa as well.

Yeah you're right, fuck you all and your stupid fucking sensible attitudes. That's twice recently I have doubted Mr Hughton and fairly been beaten to shit with the responses. Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on the man...

Thought Hughton was very diplomatic in that short MoTD interview. Acknowledged what had happened with Barton without slagging Henry, McCarthy or Wolves off and mushrooming it into something it's not.

That said, I've got an inkling Henry will get nailed to the fucking wall when they come up here...:shifty:

Thought Hughton was very diplomatic in that short MoTD interview. Acknowledged what had happened with Barton without slagging Henry, McCarthy or Wolves off and mushrooming it into something it's not.

That said, I've got an inkling Henry will get nailed to the f***ing wall when they come up here...:shifty:

Probably will. Footballers are like elephants. They never forget. Just hope it isn't Barton. The ref wouldn't be able to get the red card out of his pocket quick enough.

I'd love to know what could piss Hughton off enough to have a proper radge in front of the cameras. Possibly one of our players being set on fire or something.

He's like Ned Flanders at times. So calm when you'd expect anger.

Chris Hugh-diddly-ughton.

Guest localhero87

I'd love to know what could piss Hughton off enough to have a proper radge in front of the cameras. Possibly one of our players being set on fire or something.

He's like Ned Flanders at times. So calm when you'd expect anger.

Chris Hugh-diddly-ughton.

Its actually quite nice having a dull as dishwater manager for once though. He's no Joe F*ckin Kinnear, but at least he's not clutching his chest, breathing heavily while falling to the ground swearing.

Teams often take on the character of their managers, and with Hughton the word that keeps springing to mind with me is 'focus' - a word he often uses himself. He's not one to get distracted into the sort of melodramas that the media love to spin around the game. He just works his bollocks off and seems to be producing a pretty handy side.

Our team now seems very focused as well. They'll keep plugging away, working hard through good times and bad, and they'll keep battling without getting involved in any niggly distractions. In that atmosphere, even Joey Barton can keep his discipline.

It's interesting, because I think in Tiote and Ben Arfa, we've brought in a couple of players who can raise us up a notch. Hughton needs to get them to buy into what he's trying to create, which with Ben Arfa may be a challenge. But the player was very determined to join us, so maybe Hughton has already done that.

That said, I've got an inkling Henry will get nailed to the f***ing wall when they come up here...:shifty:

Probably will. Footballers are like elephants. They never forget. Just hope it isn't Barton. The ref wouldn't be able to get the red card out of his pocket quick enough.

One thing for sure is that Nolan will not forget.  At a talk-in I went to, he could readily reel off what he perceived to be past injustices.

One thing for sure is that Nolan will not forget.  At a talk-in I went to, he could readily reel off what he perceived to be past injustices.

its true, even at the level i played it was good to get someone back,just over zealous never a foul, for something they'd done a year or so before.

I wonder if Anichebe has a list as well.

I´m really proud by Hughton and Newcastle, as someone said I can´t remember the last time that happened.

The most impressing thing I think is the way he gets out the best of everybody and really developing players. Take the midfield of Barton, Smith and Nolan. Really crappy players that hasent played well for us. But look at them now. Really impressive.

That Carroll. Compare him now and the game against WBA when Shola was the number one choice. It´s scary, so scary to think about the development.

I thing that I think everyone notice is how much bigger he has got. If you look at Ranger he also start to be a big lad. Maybe he can be the new Carroll in da future :snod:

Guest BooBoo

Its a good point about Carroll. This time last year he looked like a wirey kid, today he could get the lead role in a Tarzan movie.

If he keeps us up how would people feel about extending his contract?

:thup:

hopefully abit more than just staying up. Keeping abit clear of the relegationfodder come the end of the season would be nice, and calm my nerves quite a bit!

I get frustrated with his lack of subs/time to make them. But apart from that. Keep it up Chrissy :thup:

To be fair he was about to make a sub and then Carroll scored. It would have been daft to change the team afterwards and with the momentum we got.

He doesn't rush with them though, you're right in essence.